Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Since I got into the franchise with Wing, when Toonami started airing the original series and I saw the Gundam getting pushed around by a handful of Zakus my initial thought wasn't, "Man, this Gundam is weak" it was "Man, these grunt suits are strong." So it was kinda funny to learn that, specs wise, Leos are superior to Zakus in basically every meaningful way.

This game has given me a new appreciation for C.E. mechs, as I find I enjoy the Strike Gundam a lot more when I can stick Norris Packard in one instead of Kira.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I know literally nothing about Gundam AGE other than that I was warned to stay away from it.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Stick with the Gundam X line, the Satellite Cannon is a hilariously good weapon. :getin:

Recruit Gai Murakumo because his theme song is awesome :rock:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
In the future, I'd recommend splitting updates into two posts since there's a limit on how many emoticons you can use per post.

And man you really blitz through these stages. I'm more partial to playing it super safe and maximizing the amount of experience I can get for my units, usually for me these timed Breaks come right down to the wire because I'm setting up all of my guys either into support positions, or to easily wreck the battleship once it turns on me.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Put Kawaii in the Impulse, Timp needs to be saved for something befitting of a cowboy, like the Maxter maybe, or Heavyarms

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
For a second there I forgot the game's rules and thought you were gonna get Graham's Flag and was gonna vote for giving it to Timp. I mean, an all black custom mech for the rival of the main character? That's got Timp all over it.

Can't decide between Haro and Leopard, help.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Haman, though I demand that you put a Nu Gundam on your team :colbert: eventually

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Herr Tog posted:

Katz Kobayashi

:frogout:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can use the Dendrobium unless it's in a master slot, so you'd be stuck with the overall good but not great Stamen instead.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Of course AGE's battleship transforms into White Base, gotta sell those Gunpla after all! :rodimus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I've only done up to Core Stage 2, but between the CPU outright cloning your mechs, and enemy pilots getting essentially three lives, I can imagine these stages getting out of hand very quickly.

As a suggestion, since next update you'll be starting a new set of missions it might help to do a rundown on each squad and who's piloting what to keep everyone up to speed.

• Locked thread