Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Somehow I totally missed this translation. I need to pay more attention to the PSP translation scene, it seems.

Anyway, for outfit, woman 16 because cat-ear helmet, and we need to apprentice under Bobbins Walmart, for maximum trollery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The thing I love about SRW-style crossover games is when a half-dozen characters from different games/series crash into each other and all say some variety of the line 'what the gently caress is this poo poo'. That and when enemy reinforcements get followed by allied reinforcements, followed by enemy reinforcements, followed by allied reinforcements, followed by...

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Say what you will about Seed, but the Astray and its variants are badass as all hell.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Give her a Leo, because I don't think anyone's ever seen one last for more than 30 seconds before exploding.

Incidentally, I remember people back in the day swearing that the Leos were really powerful, equal to most early-to-mid series Gundams, just that the main suits in Wing were that much further beyond them, they were reduced to Zaku status by default. Was that actually true, or was it just fanwank?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

MechaCrash posted:

I vote for Kawaii Uguu to pilot a GiNN, because her pilot outfit is from SEED so her first ride should be too.

This doesn't sound right at all. I'm pretty sure that not only did we get Wing first, it was the first Gundam series to debut on television in America, and the entire thing was finished before the notion of giving us any of the TV shows was floated. I think the compilation movies for the original series got translated way back in the day, but that's it.

There used to be a long-standing rumour that The Powers That Be over at Sunrise (or whoever, but it was usually Sunrise) would actively block any and all attempts to license Gundam in the West. Complete nonsense, of course (I think the official reason was that they simply didn't have any faith it it selling over here, since it wasn't as kid-oriented as the networks would like, and they had little wish to see it re-edited and reframed a la Robotech), but for years you'd hear people swear blind that there was a dark conspiracy to keep Gundam out the hands of us filthy Gaijin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Go with the Leopard, recruit Gym Gingham. He's an rear end, but drat if I don't love his name.

• Locked thread