Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I was going to call you a wizard for getting this game in English but I will stick with madman as it seems your haven't finished it and you are going to LP it with goons intervening. 5d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I am rather excited to see what else you will be stealing capturing and what you can derive from it. I could do a wiki look up but that is not nearly as fun and doesn't have gifs...usually

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ace of Aces posted:

Seems like I got Wing and G backwards again. I was sure G came first, though...

Either way, I'm sure Wing had nobudget for one reason or another, I just apparently can't remember what that reason was. You'd think it would have to be related to toy sales, though.

EDIT: Since I'm sick I may as well do another update so watch this space. As it stands, Gaza-C is the winner for Kawaii Uguu's ride of choice.

It is possible that with G and Wing coming out back to back they just weren't as popular so sunrise didn't have a whole lot of money to throw at the end of wing requiring the use of stock footage.

I feel this is can be seen in the popularity of one or two model kits from this series. The Wings and the Domo gundams.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ace of Aces posted:

It doesn't help that G actually never hit television here - we got Wing on a pay TV channel in 2001-2002, and that was it until they started airing SEED as well. We did get all of Zoids that was dubbed, though (including all of Fuzors, which wasn't shown on American TV).

Wait wait wait. I totally watched G as a teen-something on my toonami and I think many goons have a cultural memory of G Gundam and windmill gundam/tequila gundam.

You, friend, are Canadian.

Andy Waltfeld posted:

We actually got at least two-thirds of Zoids Fuzors back when Toonami transitioned to Saturday-only (ditto the first half of SEED), but that's a story for when one of us goes for the LP Curse Trigger that is attempting a Zoids Legacy LP.

Half the reason I'm doing a unit-by-unit Design catalog is because the English-language fan wiki for Overworld doesn't have one :ssh:

And you, friend, are a fellow yank.

Also that makes so much sense now and thank you again~

I blame licensing laws and deals.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
What a world of difference. I do believe there were mostly mentions of destroying people and people being destroyed. But kid memories. I am sad that you did not get G Gundam, I am not sure what would offend the Australian listener but if it wasn't popular a Canadian dub could of also fallen through.

Have you watched it since?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So, say someone wanted to go through as much of Gundam stuff as possible, sans books/manga, should one go by their release date or the Gundam chronological order?

tempted to post a 4chan image guide but I would recommend the actual gundam thread for this

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Gundam X and get the cheapest dude!

Also glad that you did see G and even more importantly get it :D

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I appreciate the wing love in this thread and game but man if F91 is not my jam.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I like how the vote tally caption makes me out to be the scumbag I am sometimes.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Andy Waltfeld posted:

I could turn it into a Gym or Yuu vote if that's the meaning of "cheapest" you were after, but it's not going to change the end result.

No you were right, I meant inexpensive :P

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Katz Kobayashi for the Impulse

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Snark posted:

Y'know, I don't really have any strong opinions on SEED Destiny and I still feel insulted by this. I'm actually kind of impressed by that. Although to be fair suggesting him for piloting anything would be an insult to the series in question...barring anything from AGE :v:

Meanwhile in the real world, we should have Kawaii get the Impulse.

Ryu Jose for the Impulse

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
show me this Haro before a I cast another vote in this good rear end lp

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ace of Aces posted:

I can't actually pull up its stats but it's a monster of a giant MA with an I-Field, amazing all-around stats, haro funnels, bubble gatling guns, and a drill arm.

gently caress LEOPARD GUNDAM

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

G Gundam is the greatest thing

:agreed:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MechaCrash posted:

Katejina Loos.

...wait, she's not on the list? Okay, fine, how about Kai Shiden.

Wait, he's not an option either? Bah! CCA Amuro then.

Katz Kobayashi

Herr Tog fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 29, 2017

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

DOMON KASSHU, THE KING OF HEARTS

G Gundam Best Gundam

But no real this

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer