Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I've only ever watched Gundam Wing, and know very little of the various other settings, but I have no clue what the heck is going on here.

Its well presented though, and hopefully the thread will shine a light on all the Gundam stuff I've missed out on.

(Gundam Wing is the best Gundam show, fight me)

Oh, we can fight alright. The Earth is the arena.

I think for our pilot, well, maybe it's Konosuba on the mind, but Char Aznable seems the most entertainingly garbage human being on the list, so him.

As for our pilot, well, since he's not an option and probably isn't in the game at all, I say we get Zeon's ace of aces, Breniff Oguz, in Costume 13. Because you know what? If we've got Char being a theatrical as gently caress newtype double crossing everyone, we probably should get a reasonable, not horrible (You know, after accounting for the Zeon thing) middle aged oldtype who doesn't even have a custom paint scheme... sniping the holy hell out of everyone and generally being the deadliest son-of-a-bitch ever born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Andy Waltfeld posted:

ovv-f Gafran
A killer robot dragon from Mars. Gundam AGE wasn't the first time we've had Mobile Suits barge in from the Red Planet, but it was the first time they did so on TV and therefore had to be A Big Deal. Despite all the work put into their animations, the Gafran and its kin really only get three big chances to shine in Overworld, and we've just seen one.

And then the other two generations of Gundam AGE fell flat thanks to trying to do too many Gundam tropes in simultaneously too high a density and watered-down enough to work for Level-5's usual target audience, and we'll basically never get anything Vagan in a game newer than Gundam Breaker 3. and even then the hiked-up wing skirt kills its ability to blend with anything ARGH

Pedigree: Genoace/Genoace Custom + most Oldsmobile Army MS
Develops Into: Baqto (Lv3), Zedas (Lv4)
Design Possibilities: Shenlong Gundam (+ Destroy Gundam or other Gundams with extending arms)

Yeah. With AGE's failure, you could almost say Martian mobile suits... were left orphaned.

(I regret nothing.)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ace of Aces posted:

Seems like I got Wing and G backwards again. I was sure G came first, though...

Either way, I'm sure Wing had nobudget for one reason or another, I just apparently can't remember what that reason was. You'd think it would have to be related to toy sales, though.

EDIT: Since I'm sick I may as well do another update so watch this space. As it stands, Gaza-C is the winner for Kawaii Uguu's ride of choice.

G was first in Japan, but Wing came out first in the US. Perfectly understandable confusion.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I say we should go by the only true metric. Fashion sense.

And with all due respect to every other pilot there that only leaves us with one option.

Harry Ord.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 30, 2017

• Locked thread