Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I vote for Kawaii Uguu to pilot a GiNN, because her pilot outfit is from SEED so her first ride should be too.

Ace of Aces posted:

Wing as a series also suffered really badly from nobudget due to problems with G Gundam's toyline in America (apparently dipshit parents didn't take kindly to DEVIL GUNDAM and GOD GUNDAM; for some reason the toysalers didn't feel the need to change the names like the show did), which rather limited the ability of mook suits to do anything other than explode horribly in stock footage, which tends to make them look worse than they actually are.

This doesn't sound right at all. I'm pretty sure that not only did we get Wing first, it was the first Gundam series to debut on television in America, and the entire thing was finished before the notion of giving us any of the TV shows was floated. I think the compilation movies for the original series got translated way back in the day, but that's it.

Which is not to say that the G Gundam toy release wasn't a complete disaster, but it wasn't because the names were unchanged. It's because instead of "this case is mostly the major protagonists with a handful of odds and sods for the completionists, big fans, and that one kid who latches on to a niche character," it's 'here's a case with an even split of everything" or something (so they massively overproduced the one and two off characters). So the ten God Gundams flew off the shelves, and then the ten Mandala Gundams warmed the shelf basically forever, which understandably pissed off the toy retailers who decided "gently caress this noise, we're not dealing with this Gundam poo poo if they're going to dump a bunch of merchandise that won't sell on us."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Get the Leopard because that thing is my favorite Gundam X design and it's also available right now. The major issue is that Gundam Leopard Destroy is going to be very beam-laden, and you're right back to "doesn't work with Garrod's skills," but you should have more options available by then. I'm not sure how many high end Gundams use solid weapons, though. But that assumes you don't bench the goober.

Scout Gym Gyngham because he's a giant nerd and would dig a chance to drive one of the old school Gundams while kicking everyone's rear end with it. How come scouting Amuro now will cause problems with getting him as a Master later? Can you only get one iteration of a character or something?

Victory Gundam actually has its first three episodes out of chronological order: what was supposed to be the third episode was moved up to the first, and the first and second became the second and third, told via flashback. This was an order from above, because a Gundam show should have the Gundam in the first episode, or so the thought went.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Ace of Aces posted:

You can only have one iteration of a character. You could have OYW Amuro, Zeta Amuro, and CCA Amuro, but not two OYW Amuros. You can actually field a four-man team consisting of nothing but Char if you field OYW Char, Quattro, CCA Char, and Full Frontal!

I'm familiar with the "one version of a character" thing, I'm just fuzzy on how the "recruit a master" thing works. I guess you're just given a free canonical ace with all their skills and a trial version of their signature unit, and if you scout them via the usual channels you can't get the free and awesome version later?

As for the "different iterations of a character" thing, I was disappointed that you can't get the Shining Hathaway version of Bright in G Generation Genesis, because I wanted to have a Mega Rider (which is a carrier for some reason) staffed entirely by Brights, with all the pilots being Purus (Original, Two, and Twelve) in Big Rangs. And yes, the scale is preserved: the Megarider is 1x2 tiles, Big Rangs are 3x4. And if you buy the Hangar upgrade, you can stuff three of them in there for maximum clown car.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Katejina Loos.

...wait, she's not on the list? Okay, fine, how about Kai Shiden.

Wait, he's not an option either? Bah! CCA Amuro then.

• Locked thread