Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What's even the point of having a Gundam game in the first place if you can't do that! :argh:
Because early to mid-UC has a gargantuan amount of content in it, and practically enough to fill a single game when you think about it. It has 8 main TV series/movies/OVAs (0079, 08th MS Team, 0080, 0083, Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, Unicorn), and then a metric fuckton of side stories and spin off mangas/novels (such as Thunderbolt, Sentinel, Char's Deleted Affair, and Blue Destiny, just to name a few) to draw even more content from.

I mean, they recently came out with a spin off manga for Crucruz Doan, aka the central character of the infamous Doan's Island episode from the original series. Sunrise will stop at nothing to milk that time period dry...and then keep on going to see what happens. Because gently caress you if you like late Universal Century content or any of the AU series, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alacron posted:

I know literally nothing about Gundam AGE other than that I was warned to stay away from it.
The cliff notes version:

AGE was a completely original Gundam game that Level 5 was brought on to create. Then someone got the idea to turn it into a TV show...without ensuring that Akihiro Hino's team would properly adapt the script for TV. The end result is that a lot of twists in the show read like bad video game twists and the plot is super dumb in places. Also, a number of mobile suits for the 3rd generation arc had their planned Gunpla kits shelved because of the poor ratings and reception of the show and never released.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alacron posted:

Stick with the Gundam X line, the Satellite Cannon is a hilariously good weapon. :getin:

Recruit Gai Murakumo because his theme song is awesome :rock:
Going with this as my vote.

• Locked thread