Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh man, I didn't know this had an English translation. I tried to play it myself but having to do so in Japanese plus the fact that it has AGE content but it lacks the AGE-2 Dark Hound (undeniably the best MS of the series) made me stop playing it, because what's the point if I can't have a Pirate Gundam team?

Seeing how you don't want to start with a Pirate Gundam either, the only choice that is almost as cool would be a Blazing Mobile Suit, so obviously, pick Garrod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lynkericious posted:

Man, you really want MORE units from AGE? We already have units from Crossbone Gundam, we have all the Pirate Gundams we need. The X1 Crossbone Gundam Full Cloth has a better design than the Dark Hound anyways. If you aren't familiar with Crossbone, do yourself a favor and go read it sometime, it's legitimately a treat.

I read the entirety of Crossbone until the point where Space MacGyver stops being the protagonist (Ghost, I think?) because that part was not translated at the time. Believe me, I'm a fan, but that's why I wanted more Pirate Gundams! I can't make a full squad with only the X1 Full Cloth, X2 and X3!

Also AGE is total poo poo but c'mon, the Dark Hound is cool.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Senerio posted:

I'll second this. Name our character Kawaii uguu

I have no ideas for the OC but goddamn use this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ace of Aces posted:

I'll edit this post with the actual update when it's done, I just didn't want to come back in a few hours being like "AND HERE ARE THE RESULTS" to find that they've totally changed. :derp:

Just make a new post, editting that post for the update will only be confusing, and having a new post alerts those who have the thread bookmarked to get reading.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can see why you started with Free Capture now, that's a really drat good skill. I wish I knew it existed when I played, but now I know for successive plays.

I remember I did do everything here though when I played it, because I kept the Strike on my team. It may make the game easy, but considering how bad the beginning units are, I can't complain about a free Gundam.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Keep those entries coming, they're very nice to read about. I didn't know lots of those weak tanks and ships. I do know the Ball, of course, because the Ball is great. Especially when used by a Newtype who could destroy six Rick Doms with it, of course.

Too bad said Ball is not in this game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Put her in the Gaza-C, it's the closest to her colour scheme, at least until you get the Strike Rouge.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Alacron posted:

I know literally nothing about Gundam AGE other than that I was warned to stay away from it.

You'll be happier that way.

If you need to know something, some of the MS designs are neat. That's all that can be said that is good about AGE.

Oh, and Aurora is a drat good opening.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Alacron posted:

Stick with the Gundam X line, the Satellite Cannon is a hilariously good weapon. :getin:

Recruit Gai Murakumo because his theme song is awesome :rock:

Works for me

The Satellite Cannon is hilariously good, it saved my rear end so many times in World, why would you say no to that?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You referred to Auel as Auru though the whole update, as well as Louise as Halvey rather than Halevy once.

Does the Minerva always appear when Sword Impulse uses Excalibur or did it appear because it was part of the squad attacking?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ace of Aces posted:

: What!?
: Grr! If that's the case...!

Sadly due to technical limitations Master Asia shows up in the Kowloon Gundam instead of on foot. Note that this was not the case in G-Generation Advance where Master Asia on foot is arguably the best unit in the game.

: Amazing...
: That... that technique!?
: You can't afford to make any mistakes here, Domon Kasshu!
: I knew it! That man's the Undefeated of the East... Master Asia!
: What? Your martial arts master... and the former King of Hearts?
: Master!
: Answer me, Domon!

: The Winds of the King!
: Zenshin!
: Keiretsu!

: How have you been, Domon? Or rather, the man I acknowledge as the King of Hearts?

EHEM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AwV3o0nAYk

Proceed.

quote:

It always kind of bugged me that after the second quarter of the show was largely spent mastering the TRUE SUPER MODE and the Shining Finger Sword, it became kind of irrelevant after Domon received the God Gundam. Admittedly the God Gundam's design is loving fantastic, and G Gundam doesn't completely drop the ball on characterization due to the midseason upgrade (see: SEED) due to Domon having a lot more to learn about both himself and the God Gundam at that point, but it's still irritating.

I don't get this complaint. Hyper Mode remains relevant throughout the entire series, to the point that the other Gundam Fighters get it to match up to Domon and, later on, even Master Asia is shown to have it. Shining Finger Sword disappears, sure, but that's because it isn't a weapon on the God Gundam and it wasn't that important to begin with, what mattered was Domon letting go of his anger and understanding that inner peace was a much greater power.

quote:

Shotlancers do chew up a lot of EN but they have huge range and do a lot of damage. This was a pretty poor damage roll, but normally I would have expected this to kill the Death Army.

Oh wow, that really was an awful damage roll. I don't think I've ever seen an attack do 5 damage before!

quote:

: Stay out of my way or die!

I've never seen Turn A but that line seems really out of character for Loran. I wasn't under the impression he followed the Kamille Bidan school of heroism.

Anyway it's still my turn so Garrod rolls in and support attacks with Team A and beats century colours, million colours of poo poo out of Loran.

I watched the entirety of Turn A and:
1) watch Turn A dammit
2) Yes, that's horribly OOC for Loran. Considering the amount of unneccesary swearing I'm seeing though, I don't doubt this is the translation wanting to be edgy.

Also I improved upon your lack of references. Shameful.

quote:

Team A moves through to finish up the rest of the Walking Dumplings (WADUMs?), and I have the Carry Base move up, deploying Team B to shoot down the remaining capital ships. Domon is the guy I'm going to leave alive until I can safely do a Free Capture!

WaD.

quote:

Anyway, that's all for this one, except for decision time: What do we do with the Gundam X BASIC? Wait for it to become a Haro, or turn it into a Gundam Leopard?

Haro is genki and you should not ungenki him.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Setsuna. Your team is not Gundam without him.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't blame the translators for not putting their best effort in an AGE stage (a stAGE?). It's AGE, it doesn't deserve more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lacus. After all, few games let you play as the bad guys, you should take the chance when you can :v:

• Locked thread