Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The Mirror have a story (with no legitimate quotes backing up the info) tomorrow claiming that Wenger is announcing a contract extension this coming week.

Looking forward to the Arsenal Fan TV videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Arsene has no shame.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Arsene is walking to the conference room to sign his contract.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

trem_two posted:

The Mirror have a story (with no legitimate quotes backing up the info) tomorrow claiming that Wenger is announcing a contract extension this coming week.

Called it weeks ago. Allegedly he's already been looking at transfer targets in the summer. He's far too proud to walk and the board too weak to sack him.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
One year extension and he announces that it will be his final year upfront, that's what Reddit is saying.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hoops posted:

One year extension and he announces that it will be his final year upfront, that's what Reddit is saying.

I hope he does this but pulls a Ferguson

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

This is a bad move for all involved.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
When Wenger leaves and Arsenal finish 10th the Fan TV videos will be amazing.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
He's gonna be sporting director and they'll raid Monaco for Jardim, Mbappe, and Fabinho

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I wish Arsenal were less bad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
How this is being reported is kind of interesting. The Mirror is saying he's staying, but the gist of the article is that Wenger wants to stay. The telegraph is saying that Wenger will tell Arsenal that he wants to stay. The Guardian is saying that Arsenal are already looking for a new manager, in spite of the fact that Wenger wants to stay. So I guess what I'm saying here is that it looks like Wengy wants to stay.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Bea Nanner posted:

I wish Arsenal were less bad.

I wish the opposite.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Maybe arsenal would do better if the fans got behind the manager for a change? Just a thought

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

blue footed boobie posted:

How this is being reported is kind of interesting. The Mirror is saying he's staying, but the gist of the article is that Wenger wants to stay. The telegraph is saying that Wenger will tell Arsenal that he wants to stay. The Guardian is saying that Arsenal are already looking for a new manager, in spite of the fact that Wenger wants to stay. So I guess what I'm saying here is that it looks like Wengy wants to stay.

From what I've read the ball is very much in Wenger's court. Kroenke doesn't seem to have any real desire to replace him (because he consistently gets top four) so if Arsene says he wants to stay that's what will happen.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

(because he consistently gets top four)

Apart from this season (probably)

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Thirteenth Step posted:

Apart from this season (probably)

the number of simultaneous hilarious meltdowns required for that would be spectacular

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

From what I've read the ball is very much in Wenger's court. Kroenke doesn't seem to have any real desire to replace him (because he consistently gets top four) so if Arsene says he wants to stay that's what will happen.

Yeah. It was widely reported that it was his choice, but then the club started floating statements about any decision being "mutual." A bit of me wonders if Wengy himself floated this to some journalists because he was scared the club were going to withdraw the contract offer.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Presumably that bit of you isn't your brain but some lesser organ

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Breath Ray posted:

Maybe arsenal would do better if the fans got behind the manager for a change? Just a thought

Or maybe there's a systemic problem with everyone feeling too comfortable in their positions at Arsenal (manager and players) that there's no reason for the fans to put up with it any longer?

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Shoren posted:

Or maybe there's a systemic problem with everyone feeling too comfortable in their positions at Arsenal (manager and players) that there's no reason for the fans to put up with it any longer?

sounds far fetched to me

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Byolante posted:

the number of simultaneous hilarious meltdowns required for that would be spectacular

Never count Arsene out.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Shoren posted:

How about, instead of punishing everyone by letting him do what you think he is doing, we say change leadership to a more palatable person with the same ideas next year? Allows enough time to get the public used to them and drain some of the poison from the media?
Seems a bit spiteful otherwise, since you say you're actually a Labour kinda guy and supposed to be roughly on the same side.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Brony Car posted:

Never count Arsene out.

in other news, the rumour is that the press have been briefed on his new 2 year deal and also alexis is out for a few weeks with ankle damage and they've got city next.

top time to be an arsenal fan imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I can't wait for Arsenal fan tv

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I can't wait for Arsenal fan tv

Whats his name

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

saihttam posted:

Whats his name

What the gently caress is this post? :doh:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

saihttam posted:

Whats his name

What

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

saihttam posted:

Whats his name

Very carefully!

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
that's numberwang

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Schweinsteiger is joining Chicago Fire.

Bit surprised that's happening now and not end of the season but he almost never plays anyway.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Finally something to set his career alight

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lot 49 posted:

Schweinsteiger is joining Chicago Fire.

Bit surprised that's happening now and not end of the season but he almost never plays anyway.

Winter is nearly over here so there's that.

The fire are seriously poo poo.

I can see him just getting fat and drunk at the brauhaus in Lincoln square all the time

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Turn on your monitor

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ok now I see your mum loving an alsatian

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jose "anti-Pep" Mourinho going for a team with no central midfielders.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

sebzilla posted:

Jose "anti-Pep" Mourinho going for a team with no central midfielders.

It worked for Ferguson.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

JFairfax posted:

Ok now I see your mum loving an alsatian

Id say mind you dont get caught but its a German place so youre probably fine

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Schweinsteiger is going to Chicago. :rip:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
It's okay he's white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
"he'd retire in Europe"