Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Thirteenth Step posted:

I mean this in all seriousness. I feel so defeated as a supporter. It makes me angry and sad to just see our crest at the moment. To see fans torn into groups. This club is in a bad state not just the fans, not just the management, the players... the Arsenal name. I feel slightly physically ill before each match whether we are going to play Lincoln City or Chelsea. This club is draining me at the moment because it is a big part of my life and my essence. I feel like I love it too much to the point where its unhealthy and I've thought about it all day. It gives me so much stress and nothing in return and I genuinely feel so lost. I don't know what to do. Should I take a break from watching football? Should I keep going? Should I stop supporting any clubs at all? I don't feel like I could take a break from something that means so much to me. I need advice for fellow gunners. I may seem like a crazed lunatic or whatever, but I just needed to vent to people who know what I am talking about.

Park Life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

lmao

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Irl lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hahah

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

:hai:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

:golfclap:

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

:discourse:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Advanced stats, but I thought it was kind of interesting. Surprised that Arsenal aren't the twinkiest of the teams.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

blue footed boobie posted:

Advanced stats, but I thought it was kind of interesting. Surprised that Arsenal aren't the twinkiest of the teams.

Bet Man Utd drop to the bottom if you remove Rooney

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Mind the gap, more like mind your head :xd:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

lol Troy Deeney is a hefty boy isn't he

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Should change his name to Beefy

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Tiny beautiful boys

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
https://twitter.com/MundialMag/status/841413020274294784

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time
I've been quiet and away from the forums for years and there are still 3 constants in life.

Death.
Taxes.
Liverpool being poo poo.

At least Arsenal are poo poo too.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Sonic H posted:

I've been quiet and away from the forums for years and there are still 3 constants in life.

Death.
Taxes.
Liverpool being poo poo.

At least Arsenal are poo poo too.
Mate we've won three of the last four and are in the top 4, it's not that bad.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

If we weren't poo poo, we'd be Manchester United.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wengy wenga lol he bad go away arsenal get new coach wtf COME ON

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hoops posted:

lotta games in hand surrounding fourth place pool

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

Bet Man Utd drop to the bottom if you remove Rooney

Rooney is short and fat they'd move up and to the left.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Arsenal can get to fourth if they win them both but United will need a 9 goal swing and Everton would still be one point behind. Dunno if we'll get fourth at the end of the season but things have been a lot worse in recent years idk

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Hoops posted:

I guess I was somewhat disheartened by January where we were basically congealed failure. Twatting Spurs was good though :D

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
edit: this was a bad post.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Thom P. Tiers posted:

There are but IIRC most of the top six have to play each other on multiple occasions (isn't Arsenal's game in had v United?) whereas we only have to play City.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah but the top six are basically the only teams Liverpool play well against. More of a negative than a positive at this point.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

EvilHawk posted:

There are but IIRC most of the top six have to play each other on multiple occasions (isn't Arsenal's game in had v United?) whereas we only have to play City.

Arsenal's game in hand is against Southampton, due to the EFL Cup final. They also have to play Tottenham, City, and United before the season ends.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
At the risk of restating a cliche, isn't it better to just have the points instead of games in hand?

The most concrete benefit of Liverpool not having to play any other "Top 6" clubs besides City is that those clubs will still be taking points off of each other. That may offset Liverpool's inevitable self-destruction against a couple of lower ranked teams.

Will Liverpool drop points at a higher pace than the other clubs? Maybe, but this is arguably closer to Liverpool's actual quality level than that nice run in the beginning of the season.

gtkor posted:

Yeah but the top six are basically the only teams Liverpool play well against. More of a negative than a positive at this point.

It's really quite maddening.

Not sure if Liverpool are going to get a win against City and it's terrible that they need to in the first place.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 14, 2017

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

gtkor posted:

More the fact that they are going to take points off each other.

Spurs: Chelsea, Arsenal, United
City: Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea
United, Chelsea, Arsenal, United
Arsenal: Chelsea, City, United

So that's a decent number of points that each of our rivals are guaranteed to drop in the run in (and importantly, apart from City at least two games against the others), so games in hand don't really mean as much.

Like you said we're fairly poo poo against the other teams but the games in hand really aren't as much as a bonus as people are saying.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39273691

Lukaku has reportedly rejected an offer from Everton to extend his stay and raise his wage to 140,000 GBP per week. Would Man-U be in for him or has Mourinho burnt that bridge?

Lukaku's only 23. The boy's good.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

mods

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
United are also playing Everton, away to Burnley, and three relegation-desperate teams (Sunderland, Palace and Swansea) as well as Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs in the run-in. Wouldn't be surprised to see another seventh-placed finish

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Brony Car posted:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39273691

Lukaku has reportedly rejected an offer from Everton to extend his stay and raise his wage to 140,000 GBP per week. Would Man-U be in for him or has Mourinho burnt that bridge?

Lukaku's only 23. The boy's good.

He is more like 27 imo. He's been playing professionally for like 8 years or something

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Where's the birth certificate?!?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ephex posted:

Where's the birth certificate?!?

Somewhere in Belgium I'd imagine.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal will not finish in the top 4 this year

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

webmeister posted:

United are also playing Everton, away to Burnley, and three relegation-desperate teams (Sunderland, Palace and Swansea) as well as Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs in the run-in. Wouldn't be surprised to see another seventh-placed finish

Don't United face some serious financial penalties from sponsorship deals if they miss out on CL football in consecutive seasons? I seem to remember it being a big part of the Chevrolet deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
From a quick search, it looks like the Adidas deal gets slashed 30%. Chevy is in for the long haul, unless they get relegated.

• Locked thread