Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

how can plucky boro be relegated when we're fully sick?

if boro don't manage another goal before the end of the season they'll break derby's record and its looking likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Meat Wagon posted:

I knew things were bad but gently caress me, the last year+ has been loving wank for us. I hope Hughes goes at the end of the season.

lol thats dire

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

rip that german poster who used his real name on SA and a picture of himself for his av

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A few new rule changes are going to be trialled in england next season and maybe the FA cup this season

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/03/video-technology-game-changing-incidents-trial-english-football

quote:

The use of video technology for game-changing incidents will be trialled in English football next season, almost certainly including the FA Cup from the third round, it has been confirmed, while next weekend’s FA Cup quarter-finals could feature a fourth substitution if they go to extra time.

A raft of new exploratory measures, including sin-bins, removing automatic yellow cards for players who give away penalty kicks and even a change in the order of penalty-taking in shootouts were announced at the annual general meeting of the International Football Association Board (Ifab), the game’s law-making body.

Details of the Var plans remain unclear, with Glenn confirming that trials are still experimenting with a variety of models, including video referees working in a remote match centre. But there was general confidence that the schemes are working, with time taken to make decisions consistently reducing. The Vars will adjudicate on four criteria adjudged to have game-changing influence: red cards, goals, penalty kicks and cases of mistaken identity.

Meanwhile players will no longer in any circumstances receive a yellow card if they give away a penalty while making a genuine attempt to play the ball. Electronic devices will also be allowed in technical areas, for use when reviewing an incident that may have caused a player serious injury. Furthermore there will be trials that look to change the order in which penalties are taken in a shootout, with the conventional Team A, Team B order – ABAB – being replaced by ABBA.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

isnt he out injured anyway?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hadji murad posted:

Spurs showed a tremendous ability to bottle last year and they won't have Kane for a month or two.

i'm gutted i watched all the poo poo at st james' park last season then missed that match

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

rojo has escaped a ban for his stamp

https://twitter.com/OfficialTM_3/status/841713435163447296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jermain defoe is in the england squad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jake Livermore jsut for called up and he tested positive for coke

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

why the gently caress is luke shaw in this squad btw.

Danny Rose is injured

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I just assumed you supported man utd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/29/premier-league-illegal-streaming-tv-audiences

quote:

The Premier League has launched its biggest crackdown on piracy with a series of moves to combat illegal streaming, in light of fears that widespread availability of new consumer-friendly devices could fatally undermine its business model.

• Locked thread