Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

FullLeatherJacket posted:

consider sitting in a pub on a tuesday afternoon telling strangers that "jonathan woodgate would've scored that" and suggesting that the national team is bad due to "all the blacks"

Actually it's none of the blacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wengy dropped Sanchez because he had a meltdown in training before the Liverpool match.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/05/alexis-sanchez-stormed-out-arsenal-training-row-team-mates-dropped-liverpool

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

And now he's made a big deal of shaking Wengy's hand before training. RIP Alexis it was cool when you played for Arsenal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ciprian Maricon posted:

lmao Wenger benched Alexis for having the audacity to criticize his awful team mates for being awful

tbf if Alexis had a meltdown then I don't really mind whether Wengy dropped him. But Arsenal are bad, this sucks, and I can see why anyone with any competitive spirit would be melting down.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I'm gonna side with the player who actually cares and tries instead.

It doesn't bother me that a player like Alexis got angry and hurt the precious feelings of absolute twats like Welbeck or Walcott or Monreal or whatever crybaby was upset that he actually wants to win things.

They all got used to Wenger heaping constant praise on mediocre performances and making excuses for their most shameful displays it doesn't bother me one bit that someone in the dressing room cares enough to point out how absolutely terrible they've all been.

It's not like Wenger's soft and gentle man management has been reaping rewards, his teams are constantly hounded for being weak and spineless and buckling under pressure so maybe they'll do better if someone calls them out on being awful. They could hardly do worse in the mental toughness department

I don't disagree with you. I just think that it's the situation that the situation Arsenal is in is the problem more than the actual dropping.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

My gut says he's gone already, though. And it will suck real bad when the only player that gives a poo poo leaves.

Oh he's absolutely gone. I don't think Arsenal were ever going to give him the money needed to hang on to him in the first place, but it's definitely not happening now that they have spectacularly shat the bed once again.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Byolante posted:

I think the turning point for Wenger disappearing up his own rear end was a few years ago when he had Steve Bould take over defensive coaching and they started defending really well and then Wenger got mad somebody other than him got praise for tactics at arsenal and drummed Bould out of the club.

This is a Byolante classic.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Byolante posted:

It was on 5 live football daily at the time, was ages back.

edit: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03/05/arsene-wenger-and-steve-bould_n_2809779.html that mentions ornstein saying it on 5 live

I'm aware of the rumor about Wenger taking defensive responsibilities away from Bould, but Bould was never drummed out of the club and in fact remains the assistant manager to this very day.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Monreal and Bellerin both are consistent liabilities defensively.

They look great when Arsenal control the ball all match long and they can make runs and put crosses in and involve themselves in the attack but when it comes to actually defending, stopping or impeding the opposition attacks they are consistently dog poo poo.

I don't think this is so much their fault, though. They're expected to carry a lot of water going forward and get little help from the other wide players. And this is all compounded by the fact that Arsenal play a very wide game with a high line and little pressing. There's very little plan to actually stop the opposition from scoring. Generally I think arsenal's defensive problems aren't about the personnel.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

Enough about his dressing room situation, is he leaving the job or not?

Nice.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Advanced stats, but I thought it was kind of interesting. Surprised that Arsenal aren't the twinkiest of the teams.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal will not finish in the top 4 this year

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bape Culture posted:

Why now ffs?!

Banking on that new manager bounce to beat the drop.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

oliwan posted:

José does another cry about the scheduling of games lol

The scheduling does seem to be a bit weird this year tbh.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Parity warning posted:

This forum was dead af in the summer and has somewhat come alive again so idk may not be best to run out innocent plastics who are at least somewhat rueful about it

It's been especially dead the last couple weeks, but otherwise I agree.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

by that logic why are Man U fans still posting?

When was the last time you saw a taff(tm) or ninpo(tm) effortpost?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wengy has said he knows what he will be doing next season, and that we will know it very soon.

Please just go to PSG, Wengy.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thirteenth Step posted:

he's already signed a contract for 2 years no doubt

I have a feeling this is the case.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

Even though I like Spurs and hate Arsenal, I'm kind of excited at the phenomenal bottle job that will be kicking in now for Spurs to finish below them again.

Spurs will finish above Arsenal this year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

The Mirror have a story (with no legitimate quotes backing up the info) tomorrow claiming that Wenger is announcing a contract extension this coming week.

Looking forward to the Arsenal Fan TV videos.

This is a bad move for all involved.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
How this is being reported is kind of interesting. The Mirror is saying he's staying, but the gist of the article is that Wenger wants to stay. The telegraph is saying that Wenger will tell Arsenal that he wants to stay. The Guardian is saying that Arsenal are already looking for a new manager, in spite of the fact that Wenger wants to stay. So I guess what I'm saying here is that it looks like Wengy wants to stay.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

From what I've read the ball is very much in Wenger's court. Kroenke doesn't seem to have any real desire to replace him (because he consistently gets top four) so if Arsene says he wants to stay that's what will happen.

Yeah. It was widely reported that it was his choice, but then the club started floating statements about any decision being "mutual." A bit of me wonders if Wengy himself floated this to some journalists because he was scared the club were going to withdraw the contract offer.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lots of stuff going around today about Sanchez leaving Arsenal and Chelsea being in for him. It would be pretty amazing if Arsenal went back to selling their best players to their rivals five years after RVP left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Some tasty matches tomorrow in this boobies opinion

• Locked thread