Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Has a club ever rehired a manager they just sacked? I know plenty have returned after short breaks, but where a club has completely turned face and said 'you know what, our bad'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Gigi Galli posted:

Palermo did this about 15 times.

I meant in the civilized world.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

vyelkin posted:

If Wengy had balls he'd make Alexis the captain and tell everyone else they could deal with having a leader who actually wants to be competitive and win, or they can gtfo

I would agree if that wouldn't assure him leaving in the summer.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
My gut says he's gone already, though. And it will suck real bad when the only player that gives a poo poo leaves.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
so i agree, but i dont think he should be the scapegoat. it's really an astounding collective failure.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Shoren posted:

How often do you watch Arsenal play? Monreal hasn't had a good season this time around, but he's been consistently good over the past couple seasons. He's had a couple dodgy penalty calls against him (Vardy at the Emirates last season springs to mind) but those are more a product of bad luck than anything. Arsenal's problems run much deeper than him.

He's any easy target, but if you are looking at defensive line problems, he is the weak spot. The real problem is that he's good but not exceptional. There are a number of Arsenal players that fit this bill. And good players can do a job in a team, in the right circumstances, with the right instructions. Unfortunately, 'go out and express yourself' doesn't work great when you play a team of world class players like Bayern. In conclusion, I think ultimately the reason Arsenal don't have at team of winners is because winners are expensive.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Vegetable posted:

Arsenal's full backs are fine, it's the midfield that's a disaster. There's no quality in there at all

It's not just one failing. We could also talk about Iwobi being undroppable for some nebulous reason.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I've just realized gently caress City is a terrible insult.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I wish Arsenal were less bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Schweinsteiger is going to Chicago. :rip:

• Locked thread