Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

African AIDS cum posted:

It will be good to hear why Manchester United spending 200 billion pounds on players to finish 5th is all part of the plan

i think you'll find that if we'd just won eight of the games we've drawn we'd be rightfully leading the league

especially if we'd also won the other game, the three we've lost, and had been given extra points for the FA for having the most alpha striker

really makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

consider sitting in a pub on a tuesday afternoon telling strangers that "jonathan woodgate would've scored that" and suggesting that the national team is bad due to "all the blacks"

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Brony Car posted:

If Man-U won Europa, but don't finish top 5, you'd also need Leicester City or Man City to win the CL and not finish in the Top 4 before 4th place lost its qualifying spot.

Yep, it's a maximum of five teams now, so you'd need to have Leicester and United both win in Europe before fourth place doesn't qualify automatically

Some good lols would be had

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

PirateBob posted:

Fortunately the FA are less visually challenged than ABU poopyheads like Bape Culture.

"Furthermore, the FA has submitted a claim that the standard punishment that would otherwise apply for the misconduct committed by the Bournemouth defender is 'clearly insufficient'."

Mings will get more than a 3 match ban for deliberately stamping on Zlatan's head. :toot:

i hope he gets a 10 match ban and people wail and beat their chests about it

that would be ideal

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Strawman posted:

He's not Norwegian, he's only 25!

I enjoyed this reference

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

Boro is a great place

for a tramp to poo on

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Lemon posted:

I had no interest in football whatsoever as a child. I then went to Uni in Middlesbrough. Through playing lots of Pro Evo I started to develop an interest and with no real frame of reference I thought Boro were a good team and developed my sickness.

to be fair, with a BTEC in Sport Science you can really get close to your heroes

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

we all love the boro anyway and I hope big steve agnew makes us be able to score a goal at some point and then jose makes a face and we all laugh at the man u posters itt

actually I hope united win 8-2 and that fellaini scores a hat trick by standing in the box and having the ball accidentally ricochet off him while he's throwing some crisp elbows with good placement and footwork

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

i'm remembering hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d98vLWzdP9A

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Shoren posted:

Why? They've lost 3 times this season and will lose again before it ends. They're not "Invincibles" in the sense that Arsenal were just because they put together an extended unbeaten run (with a lot of draws).

Probably because "Manchester United: An Association Football Team That Both Wins And Loses Games" is poor-quality clickbait if you're a sub-editor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Step 1 in driving all Americans out of the game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39454492

Step 2 TBC

• Locked thread