Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
For those that are late;

This is a chat thread for anyone who reads AI. We talk about computers, life, how much alcohol we drink, how awesome Rhyno's hot sause is, where it's finally getting cooler than the asscrack of Satan in the Australia and warmer than Elsa's lady parts in Europe, STR amuses us with delivery driver stories, Mad Max fan fiction and shipping Furiosa and one of the Wives, LITERALLY A FISH occasionally slam truth bombs while CAT INTERCEPTOR infects our minds and sends us all to the cycle asylum - leading an army of AI cyclists to slaughter hipsters on fixies, WE DONT TALK ABOUT GUNS, cry over the Trumpocopypse, wonder how the gently caress *insert idiot here* hasnt been reprogrammed with a baseball bat, we post cat pics, whatever! Just imagine this as one large garage and we are all pretending to work on some broken rear end Falcon Coupe while talking poo poo about anything that comes up. Anyone who is just wandering by, stop and say hello! We don't bite and we're a pretty chilled out bunch of normal people. Except apparently when [list of topics you already know to avoid] comes up. anyway.

The above is a view of the USA, 2018 as President Trump surveys all he rules

..... Annnnd I cant be bothered with more for now, my sinuses are running like a tap. Have at the chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
First "not march yet" post in march thread.

Im still at work even. >:(

Cage fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 28, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You could at least manage to post a March in the March thread, you antipodean stiffback.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Autumn has started in the correct hemisphere on this planet

Let's celebrate by doing some mad burnouts and doughies in a Holden van

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrshQh2QbfE

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

*Flicks cigarette at you*

edit:

Have a super neat music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-70tIug-aQ8

keykey fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 28, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
gently caress you I talk about guns

Anybody have an elephant problem :clint:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
OP didn't mention Smarch, voted 1

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ok Im home from work this thread is cool now.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Wonder how the gently caress *insert idiot here* hasnt been reprogrammed with a baseball bat

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Adiabatic posted:

I like guns. Talk about guns more.

Adiabatic posted:

Only in the sense of my BMI.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You Am I posted:

Autumn has started in the correct hemisphere on this planet

Has it, though? Has it really? Post your forecasts with autumnal temperatures.

E: I know it's Florida but I'm fairly sure we never dipped below 50 degrees Freedom (that's 10 Communist). We definitely used to get cold enough that water would freeze; I distinctly remember in 2003 coming to school and all the trees were coated in ice after the irrigation was left on (intentionally? idk).

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 28, 2017

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Marvember Chat Thread: Leaping Over The End of Febtober

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Ground floor on this fine CAT INTERCEPTOR thread!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Enourmo posted:

Has it, though? Has it really? Post your forecasts with autumnal temperatures.

E: I know it's Florida but I'm fairly sure we never dipped below 50 degrees Freedom (that's 10 Communist). We definitely used to get cold enough that water would freeze; I distinctly remember in 2003 coming to school and all the trees were coated in ice after the irrigation was left on (intentionally? idk).

Haven't turned on my heater once this winter :smug:

Orange groves freeze the tress during cold snaps on purpose, it actually insulates the trees from severe cold dips at night :eng101:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Have we talked about five guys lately?

If I stay late at work tomorrow, work will buy me five guys for dinner.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

What are you going to do with all of them?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Put them in his mouth, obviously

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Put them in his mouth, obviously

This is correct.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

First tornado watch of the year. :toot:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
well lost another save game in DS2 due to computer freezing

gently caress this poo poo i'm done with it

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Lousy smarch weather here. Too hot for snow days and not cold enough to kill off insects.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thank god that loving month is over.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Metal Gier Something posted:

For you Phoenix goons, I now live right behind Banner Estrella, and work in Mesa. 1300-0100. Traffic isn't terrible, but that middle 15 on the 10 has random slow downs.

There's also a chance (interview on the 13th) that I may get a Trainer job at the same place for $25/hr, versus 11.xx now. But I'd have to drive the same route during rush hours, as it's a standard 9-5.

I had to drive back from Mesa to Estrella at 1630 on both Friday and last Monday in the bus. Never again.

For that pay raise it's worth dealing with the traffic. I make that drive 3 times per week and if you give yourself an extra 30 minutes to get there you should be ok. Just chill, listen to tunes and follow the dude in front of you. The normal 'bad' part is around 79th ave. until the tunnel and then it normally breaks free.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MGS, the clear solution to the problem you posted at the end of the last thread is to not live on the west syyyyyde. :v:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

MGS, the clear solution to the problem you posted at the end of the last thread is to not live on the west syyyyyde. :v:

That is certainly A solution. For me that is a solution that requires my house increase another $30k or so in value though.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

..... Annnnd I cant be bothered with more for now, my sinuses are running like a tap. Have at the chat

Wonder if it's the same poo poo I have. Started off with a cranking sore throat and I can feel it moving up my head now. I loving hate it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

I went on a stag do last year and we shot .177 air rifles, actually fantastic fun plinking at mixed targets. I've also shot shotguns a couple of times, they don't kick like people say they do. I could see myself enjoying any fixed target rifle shoot really.

quote:

Only in the sense of my BMI.

How do you still fit in the cappo?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

I've also shot shotguns a couple of times, they don't kick like people say they do. I could see myself enjoying any fixed target rifle shoot really.

The kick varies wildly depending on the gun and the ammo load. A Remington 1100 (gas operated semi-auto) has significantly less kick than my Benelli M1 (inertia driven sem-auto) firing the exact same loads. A light target load for shooting clays will have less kick than a heavier bird hunting load, which will have less kick than a 3" magnum buckshot load.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

My grandfather decided my first time shooting a shotgun should be a 12 gauge with some super high power buckshot. It knocked me off of the seat on the hunting platform on the back of the lifted toyota pickup he kept as a hunt camp vehicle. I nailed the loving target though, then picked myself up and went for round two. :clint:

Edit: Also, this weather can suck a dick. Way too hot this time of year, even for florida. Got my wheels in, directional tires mounted on the rims correctly at a really chill shop in clearwater and put them on the wagon. I still hosed up and put the first and last wheels on the wrong side of the vehicle by not paying enough attention. The wheels fit absolutely perfectly however and the tires are pretty decent for a brand bought with almost no reviews on tire rack. I plan on buying them again unless they somehow only last like 5000 miles (which is still almost a year of driving for me).

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 1, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

I could see myself enjoying any fixed target rifle shoot really.
The problem seems to be that some rifle clubs can be a little bit like Viz's The Real Ale Twats, with a bunch of old beardies who think it should only be for the sport of target shooting rather than just being a bit of a laugh.

How do you still fit in the cappo?
Smaller, removable steering wheel, mainly.

Luckily, while I am fat, I'm not as fat as my weight would suggest. I have a depleted uranium skeleton or something.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
March Book of the Month :

Les Chants de Maldoror by Comte de Lautréamont

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Previa_fun posted:

First tornado watch of the year. :toot:

Y'all be slackin... we didn't even get out of January without two confirmed tornadoes touching down within DFW (a total of 6 for the region in that single event)

Weather has been loving nuts so far this year, I'm kinda scared of what April and May are going to bring in terms of storms.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

InitialDave posted:

Smaller, removable steering wheel, mainly.

Luckily, while I am fat, I'm not as fat as my weight would suggest. I have a depleted uranium skeleton or something.

Volume wise fat is at least twice that of muscle for the same weight. This leads to hilarious things like tiny 5'2" women who lift weights religiously being as heavy as 6'1" beanpole dudes that do no exercise whatsoever.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Adiabatic posted:

No, but lots of moose/bears, come up and lets fill a freezer baby.

ps - its warm and then cold and snowing then raining then freezing so everythings a loving malthusianly-devilish skating rink.

pps - Time to get off my fat rear end and start losing weight, I feel like poo poo again, wheee cyclical weight gain

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

InitialDave posted:

:clint: GUN CHAT :clint:

I'm a big giant hugely impractical idiot and I love big giant hugely impractical idiot guns.

Current hillbilly collection (sans the big one):

Left top: Ruger LCP 380 (.380 auto) It's super thin and light. Great for conceal carry.
Right top: 4" Astra .357 Magnum. Used to be my dad's backup when he was a pilot in the Marines.
Middle: your standard surplus AK-47. Shoots 7.62x39, and will shoot the dirtiest cold war bullshit ammo you give it.
Bottom: Henry Lever Action, chambered in .45-70 Government. The term "Elephant Gun" is nebulous, but you could call this rifle an entry-level one.
Not pictured: CZ 550 chambered in .458 Lott. The Lott was made because the .458 Winchester Magnum couldn't reliably penetrate a charging bull elephant's skull from 100 yards.

Left to right, key for scale: .380 auto, .357 Magnum, 7.62x39, .45-70 Government.

Left to right: .380 auto, 7.62x39, .45-70 Government, .458 Lott.

Buncha Lott

code:
     Caliber              Muzzle Velocity      Muzzle Energy
    .380 Auto                1,000 ft/s           200 ft*lbf
    .357 Magnum              1,240 ft/s           539 ft*lbf
    .308 (7.62x39mm)         2,396 ft/s         1,555 ft*lbf
    .45-70 Gov't             2,275 ft/s         3,449 ft*lbf
    .458 Lott                2,800 ft/s         5,873 ft*lbf

Siochain posted:

No, but lots of moose/bears, come up and lets fill a freezer baby.

The .45-70 would gently caress UP a bear. the Henry or the Marlin lever action .45-70s are excellent trail guns, as they're like 7 lbs and short but can stop a Buffalo.

The .458 Lott would probably vaporize poor Yogi.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 1, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
About to step outside and look at what a flying trashcan did to my car.

Edit: it was NONE! Whew!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 1, 2017

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

:woop: Auntie Em! Auntie Em! :woop:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Adiabatic posted:

The .45-70 would gently caress UP a bear. the Henry or the Marlin lever action .45-70s are excellent trail guns, as they're like 7 lbs and short but can stop a Buffalo.

The .458 Lott would probably vaporize poor Yogi.

.45-70 is used a lot (well, a lot for what the round is) in bear hunting - its got incredible stopping power. Bigger than most people shoot, but not unheard of. I love lever-action .45-70's, and that's on my wishlist (for when other expenses aren't expensing anymore).
.458 Lott would be great for Grizzly's though :P Moose actually take a fairly decent round, as upwards of 1000 lbs of swamp-donkey can take a gently caress of a beating and still not go down.

My favvy gun is my old swiss K31 that shoots 7.5x55 swiss. Great gun, accurate as hell. The .45 ACP is a fun pistol, but I love my little GSG .22 1911 for fun and cheap plinking.

Plus I've got a shotgun somewhere.

And some more .22's.

Guns rock.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Up here in Albany, in FEBRUARY we had two days where it went over 70F.

In Albany.

In February.

My FIL is an old farmer (71 and he and his twin brother still go out every day) and he says that the old farmers are worried. Apparently it's the boomer farmers that are all the climate change denying crazyies. The old farmers and the young farmers see what's going on and they're concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

I want to see the Lott-chambered CZ.

• Locked thread