Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I sort of want to sell my Benelli since I haven't shot it in forever, but people keep lowballing me on it because the receiver is stamped H&K (Heckler & Koch) because when Benelli first started selling in the US they did not have the proper paperwork to import so H&K was the importer and that's how they got stamped. It's a Benelli M1 Super 90 in every single way except that one stamp. Not giving it away for next to nothing because of a stamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Most of my guns are back at my parents' house in Atlanta. I didn't bring any with me when I moved to the Chicago No Fun Zone, and only made one trip back to bring up some handguns once I got my FOID.

Now I'm moving to Manhattan, so I get to go through the SAME PROCESS BUT WORSE!!!!!!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

HandlingByJebus posted:

I want to see the Lott-chambered CZ.

Looks mostly like a normal, if long, bolt-action with a huge chamber and bolt.

No pics handy but here's a video:

https://youtu.be/o4MVvzur2rI

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Finally got my medical records from the VA and have an appointment with a medical marijuana doctor Saturday. So loving excited to possibly get off meds for good, and to be able to use and grow my own weed legally. This could be life changing for me, can't wait to get started and can hardly contain myself!

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Interesting post on civilians and armoring your car

https://www.quora.com/Are-civilians-allowed-to-have-bulletproof-windows-for-their-cars

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Making the pilgrimage to the Petersen vault today. Excited.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Siochain posted:

.45-70 is used a lot (well, a lot for what the round is) in bear hunting - its got incredible stopping power. Bigger than most people shoot, but not unheard of. I love lever-action .45-70's, and that's on my wishlist (for when other expenses aren't expensing anymore).
.458 Lott would be great for Grizzly's though :P Moose actually take a fairly decent round, as upwards of 1000 lbs of swamp-donkey can take a gently caress of a beating and still not go down.

My favvy gun is my old swiss K31 that shoots 7.5x55 swiss. Great gun, accurate as hell. The .45 ACP is a fun pistol, but I love my little GSG .22 1911 for fun and cheap plinking.

Plus I've got a shotgun somewhere.

And some more .22's.

Guns rock.

My first deer kill was with a .45-70 lever gun two years ago. It was fun, and the leverevolution ammo was light enough to not destroy the meat.

A+ would hunt with again.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Finally got my medical records from the VA and have an appointment with a medical marijuana doctor Saturday. So loving excited to possibly get off meds for good, and to be able to use and grow my own weed legally. This could be life changing for me, can't wait to get started and can hardly contain myself!
Be sure you like, I dunno, staple your prescription to your front door and copies of it near/around your home growing situation because our Hairy Tangerine-in-Chief has a big ol' problem with people like you. :bahgawd:

Grats on the whole thing!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I have zero reason for it but now that AR15s are cheap as gently caress again, I find myself wanting a piston-driven one.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

scuz posted:

Be sure you like, I dunno, staple your prescription to your front door and copies of it near/around your home growing situation because our Hairy Tangerine-in-Chief has a big ol' problem with people like you. :bahgawd:

Grats on the whole thing!

Thanks. Yeah not worried too much about him, I would be kinda shocked if they started busting people with medical conditions. It's the recreational users that need to worry more I would think.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Thanks. Yeah not worried too much about him, I would be kinda shocked if they started busting people with medical conditions. It's the recreational users that need to worry more I would think.

lol, just lol

republicans have and always will continue to be retards about this issue.

just make sure you dont have a concealed carry permit and go try to get a weed card. the feds cross check the lists.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Whatever, not going to worry about it what's the point. No permit so I'm not worried about that either.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BraveUlysses posted:

just make sure you dont have a concealed carry permit and go try to get a weed card. the feds cross check the lists.
I'd love to know the logic on this.

:bahgawd: "What's the point of letting people have guns if they're too stoned to want to shoot anyone?"

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The point is that the devils lettuce might give you schizophrenia and you'd shoot people!!! :tinfoil:

Adiabatic posted:

:clint: GUN CHAT :clint:

I'm a big giant hugely impractical idiot and I love big giant hugely impractical idiot guns.

Current hillbilly collection (sans the big one):

Left top: Ruger LCP 380 (.380 auto) It's super thin and light. Great for conceal carry.
Right top: 4" Astra .357 Magnum. Used to be my dad's backup when he was a pilot in the Marines.
Middle: your standard surplus AK-47. Shoots 7.62x39, and will shoot the dirtiest cold war bullshit ammo you give it.
Bottom: Henry Lever Action, chambered in .45-70 Government. The term "Elephant Gun" is nebulous, but you could call this rifle an entry-level one.
Not pictured: CZ 550 chambered in .458 Lott. The Lott was made because the .458 Winchester Magnum couldn't reliably penetrate a charging bull elephant's skull from 100 yards.

Left to right, key for scale: .380 auto, .357 Magnum, 7.62x39, .45-70 Government.

Left to right: .380 auto, 7.62x39, .45-70 Government, .458 Lott.

Buncha Lott

code:
     Caliber              Muzzle Velocity      Muzzle Energy
    .380 Auto                1,000 ft/s           200 ft*lbf
    .357 Magnum              1,240 ft/s           539 ft*lbf
    .308 (7.62x39mm)         2,396 ft/s         1,555 ft*lbf
    .45-70 Gov't             2,275 ft/s         3,449 ft*lbf
    .458 Lott                2,800 ft/s         5,873 ft*lbf
The .45-70 would gently caress UP a bear. the Henry or the Marlin lever action .45-70s are excellent trail guns, as they're like 7 lbs and short but can stop a Buffalo.

The .458 Lott would probably vaporize poor Yogi.

Speak of the devil, the firearms licensing officer in my town literally just called me 5 minutes ago, my license to carry is in! I can pick it up anytime and start buying fun things.
On the list so far:
- ruger 10/22 because why not (wife already has an sr22 for pistol plinking)
- ruger redhawk krh44 unless I find something I like more
- remington 870 because everyone needs a shotgun
- who knows what the gently caress else, whatever the hell I feel like whatever pittances the massachusetts approved firearms roster will grant me

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

InitialDave posted:

:bahgawd: "What's the point of letting people have guns if they're too stoned to want to shoot anyone?"

Growing weed is a federal felony and they don't like it when felons have guns, even if the felony is dumb as gently caress.

My strong recommendation for weed under trump: don't loving grow it, don't loving sell it. Legal advice you can take to the bank. DEA wants to go after the medical poo poo and they only knocked that poo poo off when obama told them. Trump and Sessions won't, even if they won't explictly order them to go after medical.

If you are doing medical under trump, use a dispensery as that will shift the risk. Yeah, it costs more, but defense attorneys are expensive and prison really hurts lifetime earnings. If you must grow, do not under any cercimstance give weed to anyone. Even if they have a card. I don't mean sell, I mean don't even give. Don't even pass the joint. Seriously.

All it takes is one pissed off neighbor to make your life suck. Seriously, the laws are still on the books and there are a huge number of DEA agents who would love to make a name busting a "major drug dealer" (with 4 plants).

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

InitialDave posted:

Cause the form asks that you are not addicted to illegal drugs. Addicted to weed? Lol

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Growing for me would just be an option, if the dispensaries can supply what I need when i need it then it won't be an issue for me.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Dude, it's all about easy targets. Same reason ICE are going after the undocumented guys working kitchens and the like instead of the criminals, because they show up to a place at a regular interval and are thus easy to find.

Not gonna tell you not to smoke, but like NM says, federal felonies are tough raps to beat, and the DEA can bootfuck you over your home grow op at will then seize everything you own and auction it to fund their next hit, legal as can be.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 1, 2017

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Is there a used car buying thread for sanity checks on craigslist ads? I'm looking at a Honda Element. I'm pretty set on getting a Honda Element of some sort but would appreciate a sanity check on this particular, questions to ask the seller I might not think of, etc.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Sounds about right.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

Dude, it's all about easy targets. Same reason ICE are going after the undocumented guys working kitchens and the like instead of the criminals, because they show up to a place at a regular interval and are thus easy to find.

Not gonna tell you not to smoke, but like NM says, federal felonies are tough raps to beat, and the DEA can bootfuck you over your home grow op at will then seize everything you own and auction it to fund their next hit, legal as can be.

Like I said, as long as dispensaries can supply what I need then there's no reason to grow. If they want to go after people with debilitating diseases then good luck with the backlash on that one I guess.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

kastein posted:

The point is that the devils lettuce might give you schizophrenia and you'd shoot people!!! :tinfoil:

Speak of the devil, the firearms licensing officer in my town literally just called me 5 minutes ago, my license to carry is in! I can pick it up anytime and start buying fun things.
On the list so far:
- ruger 10/22 because why not (wife already has an sr22 for pistol plinking)
- ruger redhawk krh44 unless I find something I like more
- remington 870 because everyone needs a shotgun
- who knows what the gently caress else, whatever the hell I feel like whatever pittances the massachusetts approved firearms roster will grant me

Don't buy a new 870, you have enough things that spontaneously rust. Call Summit Gun Broker and buy this: http://summitgunbroker.com/rem--870p.html Have it shipped to your local FFL.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I know a guy in Pennsylvania who says he knows of a gun store where I can get a used one for 50-150 bucks depending on condition. gently caress new prices for that, I agree.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

mariooncrack posted:

Have we talked about five guys lately?

If I stay late at work tomorrow, work will buy me five guys for dinner.
Not worth it. Get Habit.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ilkhan posted:

Not worth it. Get Habit.

I think five guys makes a better burger, but habit will put avocado on it, so I'm torn.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

nm posted:

I think five guys makes a better burger, but habit will put avocado on it, so I'm torn.
I thought five guys was fine, but Habit was definitely better. And cheaper. And the peanut oil fries gave my GF's kid a mild reaction, so Habit wins.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

kastein posted:

I know a guy in Pennsylvania who says he knows of a gun store where I can get a used one for 50-150 bucks depending on condition. gently caress new prices for that, I agree.

It's less the pricing, and more that new ones rust exceedingly fast thanks to Freedom Group cost cutting. The finish is crap, and it'll just rust solid in a safe where everything else is fine. But police trade in magnums are where it's at.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

ilkhan posted:

Not worth it. Get Habit.

I don't think there's one near me.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Looks good, although closest one is 2 hours away in Orlando.

We just got a Culver's recently are they any good?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

nm posted:

AVOCADO?????

EWWWWWWWW

Honestly, gently caress this current BS about avocado on everything. The sandwich bar near me puts it on everything, sushi is infested with it, bloody pizzas have it now. NO. gently caress aavocado

bend
Dec 31, 2012
I may need to drink less, I seem to have purchased a $200 tercel 4wd that hasn't moved in five years. Other than a fuel blockage and a sticky caliper it's in remarkably good nick but I'm still not sure what possessed me to buy a 67ish HP mini 4wd with a weak transmission. I'll post some pics after I've given it a good clean and found out if any horrors lurk under the coating of mud at the bottom.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Yeah, they're pretty good. They make a good cheeseburger with nothing fancy. If you want to clog your arteries, get a cheeseburger, some fried cheese curds, and a custard.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Yes

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

AVOCADO?????

EWWWWWWWW

Honestly, gently caress this current BS about avocado on everything. The sandwich bar near me puts it on everything, sushi is infested with it, bloody pizzas have it now. NO. gently caress aavocado

Sorry about your broken taste buds. Admittedly, good avocado is hard to find outside of mexico and states bording Mexico.

Don't you fuckers put beets on burgers?

Avocados on pizza admittedly sounds gross.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Culver's is rad as heck, give 'em a shot. Some people aren't fans of burgers which have been pressed (I have an article here for those people) but I absolutely am and very much enjoy a double butterburger.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I tried Culver's and it was a major disappointment.
The Habit is far superior. I also enjoy smash burger.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

AVOCADO?????

EWWWWWWWW

This man has the correct opinion on avocado. Even the texture of it is awful.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

You Am I posted:

This man has the correct opinion on avocado. Even the texture of it is awful.

Either australia has labeled something else avocado or ya'll are broken.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Yeah, avocado haters are broken.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I tried Culver's and it was a major disappointment.
The Habit is far superior. I also enjoy smash burger.

I suspect you went into Culver's with the wrong expectations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Bought that 1 owner 80k mile Lexus SC300 with the 5 speed manual today for 6200 bucks.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

^^^ awesome dude I'm jealous. Post pics!

nm posted:

Either australia has labeled something else avocado or ya'll are broken.

To be fair, Haas avocados are the only good ones, and I doubt they get them in Aus.

Florida avocados are bland nothingness in comparison.

• Locked thread