Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Powershift posted:

Goes great with a little bit of ketchup.

No thanks, I'll have as is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Considering we're doing food chat. Steak. And putting sauce on said steak. Personally I feel anyone who wants a steak anything over medium rare is a child. Anyone who puts sauce on a steak is a monster.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
im not a steak snob and i don't mind sauce on a steak

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I like my steak medium rare with just some salt and pepper on it before it's grilled. If someone wants to puck it up then that's there choice. Ketchup? Sure man whatever you like. Heck you can even be weird and not put beans in your chili it's all good in the hood baby.
Now, if you start putting some Rockstar wheels on your car....

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

LloydDobler posted:

So last week I had a neighbor directly behind my townhouse move in, and my cable went out at the exact same time. First problem I've had of any kind in literally 10 years. So I called it in, sure enough - my cable has been installed and working for so long that there was no current label on the wire, just a really old one that fell down in the dirt. So the installer assumed it was unused, cut it and installed my neighbor's cable where mine was. So my tech installed a splitter and got me back up and running.

Just looked at my bill, and they're trying to charge me $70 for the service call. In what universe does that make any sense of any kind? Now I realize why everyone else complains about them, I've been so lucky till now. All I've had is fast internet speeds and continuous uptime for a decade.

Oh well, I'm laughing more than complaining, I'm sure they'll erase it off my bill. But just the fact that I have to call in to argue about it at all is annoying.

Good luck. Cable companies are notorious for that kind of thing. Chances are, they'd erase the $70 service call and add on another $20 service call for calling them about their gently caress up.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

fridge corn posted:

If you go to a place that considers themselves high brow, your steak comes with sauce and they call it Jus

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

KakerMix posted:

I like my steak medium rare with just some salt and pepper on it before it's grilled. If someone wants to puck it up then that's there choice. Ketchup? Sure man whatever you like. Heck you can even be weird and not put beans in your chili it's all good in the hood baby.
Now, if you start putting some Rockstar wheels on your car....

I boil my steak well done in rockstar energy drink.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

jamal posted:

I like how there are only 202 people in the "I hate avocado" facebook group that CT just joined.

If you try hard enough, you can find people who agree with you about anything on the internet.

You are playing right into the latest extreme contrarian view expressions

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

WRT steak: Anything over medium is a travesty.

However, Bleu or Gorgonozla cheese makes for a fantastic and delicious topping.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Powershift posted:

Goes great with a little bit of ketchup.

Truly King of all condiments.

Ranch lovers please vacate.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I straight up don't even know what the gently caress ranch is. I mean I've heard of it obviously but I've no idea what it's made of or similar to.

*edit: wait is that what 'Cool' Doritos are?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I straight up don't even know what the gently caress ranch is. I mean I've heard of it obviously but I've no idea what it's made of or similar to.

Yo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranch_dressing

Its what "Cool Ranch" Doritos are, yes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

We don't get 'Cool Ranch' Doritos though, we get 'Cool Original' Doritos hence the question.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thats so weird.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Sour cream, buttermilk, dill, garlic, onion, parsley, mustard, chives, and black pepper.

It's basically vaguely herbal white goo.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cage posted:

Thats so weird.

I never actually put 2 and 2 together when hearing 'cool ranch' until a while back.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I never actually put 2 and 2 together when hearing 'cool ranch' until a while back.

Which came first, ranch or cool ranch?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Considering we're doing food chat. Steak. And putting sauce on said steak. Personally I feel anyone who wants a steak anything over medium rare is a child. Anyone who puts sauce on a steak is a monster.

i'm going to cut you off right here before you summon pcos bill to this thread

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

BraveUlysses posted:

i'm going to cut you off right here before you summon pcos bill to this thread

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If you are against peppercorn demi-glace, you are against freedom and all that is good in the world of food. :france:

PS I eat my steak Chicago blue and without sauce in most situations. :colbert:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Alton Brown introduced me to throwing a steak onto clean hardwood charcoal coals directly. My God, if you like a seared but still rare steak it is great.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

fridge corn posted:

This exactly. Nobody should be a steak snob for any reason, it's all personal preference. My personal preference is tastiness in any steak configuration.

Liquid Communism posted:

Alton Brown introduced me to throwing a steak onto clean hardwood charcoal coals directly. My God, if you like a seared but still rare steak it is great.

My friend did this a while back and my god, it was amazing. I think he just lightly salted and peppered it then squeezed some lemon over the top after it was off.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Liquid Communism posted:

My boy scout troop did this and called it "tarzan style" steak.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Coarse salt, cracked pepper, and let it rest once you pull it off. If you cut into it right away all the juices will run out, so give it a couple minutes on a plate under some foil to re-absorb them.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^^ The whole cook it super quick and then leave it to cook in its own juices wrapped in foil is a boss move in steak world. I need to try more variations of cooking styles but I feel leaving a nice piece of meat to dry up and harden is a waste. Rare plz.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

In my experience I've noticed that people's preference for how done their steak seems to follow similar lines of people who prefer white meat chicken vs. dark meat chicken and sweet potato pie vs pumpkin pie.

sirnollem
Apr 12, 2008

Coredump posted:

In my experience I've noticed that people's preference for how done their steak seems to follow similar lines of people who prefer white meat chicken vs. dark meat chicken and sweet potato pie vs pumpkin pie.

Rare steak, dark meat, and pumpkin pie. How do I line up?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

sirnollem posted:

Rare steak, dark meat, and pumpkin pie. How do I line up?

Rare steak, dark meat, sweet potato pie :colbert:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If you guys aren't careful the steak crossfitters are going to find this thread.

ExplodingSims posted:

WRT steak: Anything over medium is a travesty.

However, Bleu or Gorgonozla cheese makes for a fantastic and delicious topping.

Sauteed mushrooms in some sort of dark brown sauce (which I can't remember the ingredients for, sadly) are AMAZING with steak.

LTC-A ALP in hand. Can't wait to buy some guns :haw:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

drat both of you destroyed my hypothesis. In my experience people who like dark meat like well done steak and sweet potato pie. And then people who like rare/medium rare steak prefer white meat chicken and pumpkin pie.

Me: Medium steak, white meat, sweet potato pie. But really I'm fat bastard and will eat white/dark meat and yes pie.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Coredump posted:

what if you like light and dark chicken meat? :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If I woke up tomorrow with the power of Superman the first thing I would do is wipe out the world's avacado crop.

Not because I dislike them, but because people become turbo assholes every time the topic comes up.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

kastein posted:

If you guys aren't careful the steak crossfitters are going to find this thread.

Sauteed mushrooms in some sort of dark brown sauce (which I can't remember the ingredients for, sadly) are AMAZING with steak.

LTC-A ALP in hand. Can't wait to buy some guns :haw:

Brown sauce with mushroom, onions and salsbury steak owns hard.

Also, rare steak, yes to all meats and neither pie. :colbert:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Buying white meat chicken is such a waste, though. It's got approximately no flavor, and dries out if you look at it wrong.

Bonless thighs forever.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rhyno posted:

If I woke up tomorrow with the power of Superman the first thing I would do is wipe out the world's avacado crop.

Not because I dislike them, but because people become turbo assholes every time the topic comes up.

Not the superhero we want. Not the superhero we need. Just a fat :v: rear end in a top hat with super powers.

And hot sauce.

I found out today one of my co-workers thinks rice is a sort of pasta. I'm still not entirely sure he wasn't just trolling.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

You know the turbo assholes are the ones who freak out when the discussion starts and join facebook support groups for the babbylike food dislike disorders

Liquid Communism posted:

Buying white meat chicken is such a waste, though. It's got approximately no flavor, and dries out if you look at it wrong.

Bonless thighs forever.

I'd never buy boneless skinless chicken breasts by themselves, buy a whole chicken and cut it up and use for different stuff. chicken breasts are great for stir frys and grilled (as long as you dont overcook them, which a lot of people do).

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Yeah, dark meat is juicier and more flavorful, just like rare - med-rare steak.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Liquid Communism posted:

Bonless thighs forever.
This guy gets it.

For the record:

Rare steak, dark meat, blueberry pie :colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Keep a lid on your pan and don't overcook when cooking chicken breats. It makes a world of difference.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The best chicken is deep fried and smothered in my hot sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Wrar posted:

Avocados are awesome. One of the things I miss from living in FL was making awesome guac with my Dad and eating it by the pound.

They don't belong on pizza, though. Tacos yes. Burgers yes. Many other things? Yes. Pizza no.

Wrar posted:

Avocados are awesome. One of the things I miss from living in FL was making awesome guac with my Dad and eating it by the pound.

They don't belong on pizza, though. Tacos yes. Burgers yes. Many other things? Yes. Pizza no.

Sliced avocados are just fine on a taco pizza.

But that's if you use a good homemade salsa as the base, and mixed cheeses, ground beef, green onions, jalapenos, and diced tomatoes as the toppings. And don't put the avocados on until it's cooked.

• Locked thread