Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Sliced avocados are just fine on a taco pizza.

But that's if you use a good homemade salsa as the base, and mixed cheeses, ground beef, green onions, jalapenos, and diced tomatoes as the toppings. And don't put the avocados on until it's cooked.

What you just described is called a tostada. Not a pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Shaved before I went to bed last night (I am an evening shower/shaver guy) and cut myself a little on my chin. Put some pressure on it, band-aid, done. Went to bed.

Woke up this AM, chin felt a little damp so I went oh gently caress... off to the bathroom looked in the mirror, blood smeared all over my face. Turned on the bedroom lights and took a look at the pillowcases and sheets and it looks like the loving Nicole Simpson crime scene in bed. Luckily the latex pillow I use had an additional case on it or else the pillow would have been hosed.

Sheets are now soaking in the washer with a healthy dose of oxy-clean.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 2, 2017

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Tell us about your shave kit slidebite. I recently took SSSwitch into Kent of Inglewood's when I needed to get some things, and, I'm paraphrasing here, he said "it's nice to see there are people in this world as weird about shaving as I am about god awful Japanese econoboxes".

Also I hope you are healing, late night bleeding is never fun to wake up to.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
If you are too hurt to drive the 911, please let me know. I am a strapping young gent who can treat that Porch with the respect it deserves.

Slung Blade posted:

Tell us about your shave kit slidebite. I recently took SSSwitch into Kent of Inglewood's when I needed to get some things, and, I'm paraphrasing here, he said "it's nice to see there are people in this world as weird about shaving as I am about god awful Japanese econoboxes".

This is an unfair reduction. For awhile I talked to the lady at the counter about her Z31 300ZX.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This is an unfair reduction. For awhile I talked to the lady at the counter about her Z31 300ZX.

That's true, and she was very nice and helpful.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

You'll be first on the list SSS.

It's nothing special. My main kit is a Jaeger safety razor and a Tweezerman badger brush and whatever I have for lather soap. I think I'm using Wilkinson Sword Walmart-special stuff right now but I actually think that's part of the problem with nicks. I'm open to recommendations.

Not going to lie though, I have a costco bag of of Gillette good news twin pivoting razors and some edge shaving gel that I go to if I just want a quick shave.

I've also been told I'm weird that I shave in the shower, but drat, shaving in a super hot shower is just so much nicer than standing over a sink.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Yup I shave in the shower and I don't know why showering over the sink is a thing.

Also I'd advise people to not do what I did and buy a two year supply of dodgy Korean razors because they're cheap.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I think my blades are Derbys. They're OK but nothing great.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

sirnollem posted:

Rare steak, dark meat, and pumpkin pie. How do I line up?

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

slidebite posted:

You'll be first on the list SSS.

It's nothing special. My main kit is a Jaeger safety razor and a Tweezerman badger brush and whatever I have for lather soap. I think I'm using Wilkinson Sword Walmart-special stuff right now but I actually think that's part of the problem with nicks. I'm open to recommendations.

Not going to lie though, I have a costco bag of of Gillette good news twin pivoting razors and some edge shaving gel that I go to if I just want a quick shave.

I've also been told I'm weird that I shave in the shower, but drat, shaving in a super hot shower is just so much nicer than standing over a sink.

I've been using Prorasso for years and I love it. The Eucalyptus and Menthol make for a great feeling on your face. I might have switched back to a two blade cartridge razor out of laziness but you can pry good shaving cream out of my cold dead hands.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

1500quidporsche posted:

Also I'd advise people to not do what I did and buy a two year supply of dodgy Korean razors because they're cheap.

But you have a beard.

...oh

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

While cartridge razors may be cheap and easier, nothing beats the feel of a good shave with an old fashioned razor.

For me it's the only way I can shave and not breakout or get ingrown hairs.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

i shave wirh a Gillette fusion blade that i change maybe once a year lol

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

slidebite posted:

These are what I used as my first batch of blades. They are good blades for noob to amateur wet shavers. A few years back I've made the swap to the Japanese feather blades and they are incredible. You have to respect them but they are the business.

Hansolio posted:

I've been using Prorasso for years and I love it. The Eucalyptus and Menthol make for a great feeling on your face. I might have switched back to a two blade cartridge razor out of laziness but you can pry good shaving cream out of my cold dead hands.
:same: As I only shave once a week a tube of cream lasts me a couple years and it's only like $9 on Amazon.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I haven't shaved in 7 years. I bloody hated shaving, thank god beards are a thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't know why showering over the sink is a thing.

You'd need a lot more towels I would think.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I absolutely hate this phone's autocorrect.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You're either a shower or grower.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

u can be both

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

well idk about you :newlol:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

fridge corn posted:

well idk about you :newlol:

Are you implying some people don't measure up? cause well...

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It appears Adiabatic is blue and gotten stuffed

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 2, 2017

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If you marinate your cut-up chicken pieces in baking soda for 15 minutes prior to cooking, it makes crappy dry white meat chicken have the dark meat consistency like what you get in chinese restaurants. Excellent tip for stir fry/making chinese food or chicken tacos at home.

Other facts:

Any steak cooked higher than medium is a waste of expensive meat.
Roast dinners are okay but mostly are useful so you can tell your english friends "Yorkshire pudding? This is a roll, mate".
Avocados are cool and good and my friend and it's kind of odd that it revulses our antipodean friends so much. He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich, I guess.
Shaving should be done twice a week max, with a Gilette Fusion blade you change once every 6 months at most.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Any steak cooked higher than medium is a waste of expensive meat.

I take great care when cooking every steak. Even lovely $5 chuck steaks.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
A vast majority of people that aren't me have terrible taste in absolutely everything

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

KakerMix posted:

Which came first, ranch or cool ranch?

Ran- *gunshot*

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

KakerMix posted:

A vast majority of people that aren't me have terrible taste in absolutely everything

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I started watching AvE. It's the best.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
yo I heard there was pizza in this thread?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Sometimes I like to boil my steak in a bag. Sometimes I like to throw it on bits of burning house. Sometimes I throw it in a filthy deep fryer. Some times just on the bbq. Usually turns out ok.

The thing is have found to make the most difference is getting a quality piece of meat. The supermarket stuff can be ok but the ribeyes I get from my local butcher are a step above.

Chimmichuri is probably my favourite condiment for steak, sometimes a nice herb butter or just some plain ol' Hot English Mustard. Surf and Turf, heck a good whisky too. Throw in some sort of crispy potatoes and baby you got a stew goin'!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Can I come over

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

You bring the whisky. Cask Strength or gtfo.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Holy poo poo- Frieburger cracked 249mph in an aerodynamically stock, naturally aspirated 68 Camero out at lake gairdner!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
what the gently caress is a camero

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

BraveUlysses posted:

what the gently caress is a camero

That's what they call a Camaro in South Australia. Kinda like how a pint is actually a schooner. They'll still charge you pint prices though. Cunts.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I think forums poster slothrop has put an end to the discussion of how a piece of cow should be consumed.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fridge corn posted:

i shave wirh a Gillette fusion blade that i change maybe once a year lol

I'm worse. I use an *shudder* electric razor. Rotary, of course. I also have a goatee, and not long ago, a full beard. I don't shave because:

(Seriously. those that have seen my FB know.)

So, yesterday, I get asked to meet with my boss's boss, because my boss is out of town.
I didn't really think anything was up, because there's a lot going on, but as it turns out, I have an HR complaint from someone in our host company. Not only that, but it's apparewntly my second complaint - they decided they didn't need to tell me about the first one whatever that was. Now the beauty of being a dirty worthless oursourcee is that apparently I don't get a chance to defend myself, or, so far, to even know what the complaint is. I've worked at this company, for three different companies, for 17 years, and this is what I get. All I've got is that it's something about my attitude, I think. Which, of course, just makes me want to scream at them "well, yeah, you outsourced me after 10 years of service then keep trying to treat me like a push-button replaceable cog!" (That they haven't managed to figure out how to replace *yet*.)
Good news - the actual company I work for has no intention of firing me. Boss boss emphasized that. Boss boss would rather not remove me from the contract right now as it is - we've already got another guy leaving that he has to replace. Another one like me, who originally worked for the host company, and made it to both oursourcers. Lot of tribal knowledge going with him, so good luck with that.

About time to leave anyway, I think. Familiarity is definitely building contempt, and it is painful working with a company that is transitioning from smaller company tribal knowledge to big company processes and knowledge-bases.
I'd love to work for a small to medium company, but I'm afraid I may need the benefits of a larger company if my wife's health issues don't get any better. Id rather not work for an outsourcer, but that may just be what's do-able.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Oh, also - any of you nerds know anything about Promise VTRAK RAID arrays? I've got one being a oval office right now. Fortunately it's a backup, not production data.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

slothrop posted:

You bring the whisky. Cask Strength or gtfo.

Sure. When you want me to come up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

slidebite posted:

I'm on Derbys at the moment and I concur. They're not fantastic.

Feathers are better.

meltie fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 3, 2017

• Locked thread