Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Re: Man chat

Harris Teeter near me sells dry aged beef. I can buy an entire loving rack if I want but it'll cost me a whole paycheck.
I haven't had a grill in a while (townhouse lyfe) and my smoker has been at by buddy's place in DC so proper coal-cookin' is out. However, I've got a bunch of big-fuckoff cast iron pans that work well.
Preheat the oven to 500°F with the cast iron inside. Turn off the oven and turn on the broiler. Slap my seasoned meat right on the skillet that is so well season that it sweats bacon fat.

I've got a grill pan that I used a couple times but honestly it's kind of a pain in the dick, mostly because it's not well seasoned.

As far as shaving, I'm a safety razor, with feather blades, and bay-rum kind of guy. If I could find a good sandalwood shaving cream I'd stick with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Cremo cream is pretty good. I like the original scent, but their menthol is pretty good too.

Double edged safety razor and Feather blades. Twist to open.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Steak chat: I'm too afraid of setting off the smoke alarm in the high-rise where I live to cook a steak properly. I've tried on the gas grills we have on the roof deck, but I haven't been able to make a really good sear yet.

Shave chat: I dislike shaving. I used a safety razor for about a year; it was okay but nothing fantastic. My wife got me a Braun electric shaver that self-cleans, and I like that more, but I started growing a goatee just so I could get away with avoiding shaving more than once every couple of weeks.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

1500quidporsche posted:

Yup I shave in the shower and I don't know why showering over the sink is a thing.
Take glasses off to shower. Can't see poo poo.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

InitialDave posted:

Don't need glasses for poo poo if your sniffer is working

:laffo:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

InitialDave posted:

As do I.

I shave in the shower, usually with my eyes closed.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I hang a mirror in the shower. Even at -7.00D I can still see enough to get coverage.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Fermented Tinal posted:

Material handling preferably, I drive a forklift.

By moving North do you mean I should be looking for jobs in Sudbury or North Bay? Or are we talking like, Northern Ontario kind of North and I should be looking more towards Thunder Bay?

Sudbury/North Bay/Timmins/Kirkland Lake/Matheson, etc. If you speak any French, hit up the Val D'or/Rouyn Noranda areas. Lots of mining and forestry, and its picking up a bit, so if you got experience you might do alright. Most jobs are $25 or more an hour.
Lots of the side-companies are hiring to (ie suppliers, contractors, etc.) Definitely worth looking into.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kastein posted:

drat dude, that sucks. Time to spin up the resume shotgun I guess? One of my coworkers timed this sort of thing perfectly a few years ago, he got dragged into the VP's office to "have a discussion about his work enthusiasm" and took the wind completely out of the guys' sails by resigning on the spot since he had literally just accepted another job offer the day before and hadn't quite thought through what he was going to say while resigning.

That's really awesome.
I'm going to look, but I'm not fired. My outsourcing company will try to put me somewhere else, though it may mean I have to go back to supporting Windows crap.

I'm astounded that any company expects "work enthusiasm" when they're outsourcing left and right, and will lay you off at the drop of a hat stock point.
Really just an excuse to fire expensive people I'm sure.

Seminal Flu posted:

drat. I want more steak now.

Me, too, but it's Lent, Friday, and I'm (nominally) Catholic.
Guess I'll have to double up Saturday.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Admit it, you told them to do the needful, didn't you?

That's the hell of it - I don't know what I did, or to whom. Or, more accurately, which I did or they thought I did.
My users generally like me, so I'm betting it's another IT sperg.

edit: current host is a retail establishment, of luxury goods, so you can imagine how well they're doing right now anyway. At least they seem to have grasped the concept of online retailing, unlike Sears and JCP.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 3, 2017

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

angryrobots posted:

We just added Kunekune pigs to our operation with two sows, one of which is bred. They say farrow to fork is seven months...how does AI feel about pasture raised pork bacon?

Look at that beauty

Nice. My aunt and uncle raise pigs in new england, but I'm too far away to make shipping from them worth it.
Good pig beats steak.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Siochain posted:

Sudbury/North Bay/Timmins/Kirkland Lake/Matheson, etc. If you speak any French, hit up the Val D'or/Rouyn Noranda areas. Lots of mining and forestry, and its picking up a bit, so if you got experience you might do alright. Most jobs are $25 or more an hour.
Lots of the side-companies are hiring to (ie suppliers, contractors, etc.) Definitely worth looking into.

Je ne parles pas ding dong. I can sorta read it though. Unfortunately the experience is what hits me.

I can flip quarters onto the forks, but I have under one licensed year on a lift truck. I drive it for 6-8 hours a shift though.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Adiabatic is in kitty jail

NO MODS NO MASTERS

e: please don't probe me for mod sass :ohdear:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Lol, he cat-jailed himself.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
And PCOS Bill only now has his first ban? Surprising.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

gently caress yeah

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

angryrobots posted:

We just added Kunekune pigs to our operation with two sows, one of which is bred. They say farrow to fork is seven months...how does AI feel about pasture raised pork bacon?

Look at that beauty

I tend to avoid mass-produced pork products due to how terrible conditions are in factory pork farms. If I could get humanely raised pork regularly where I am I'd eat more of it.

e:

Cage posted:

Its about drat time :golfclap:

Geoj fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 3, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
HAHAHA WTF our mod cat jailed himself? Didnt know you could do that

Cage posted:

Good loving riddance.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I like Facts are Useless even more now

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

HAHAHA WTF our mod cat jailed himself? Didnt know you could do that

I think sigtrap did that once too

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Weather finally got nice in SoCal, here's some fun commuter cars seen this week:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Cage posted:

Ban and a 30 day. Nothing wrong with that.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Liquid Communism posted:

Get yourself a styptic pencil. It'll shut those nicks up right away.
Oh drat man, yes. I need to get one of those. A nick usually doesn't turn into a murder scene for me but that's a good idea.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

http://digg.com/2017/truck-flying-crash

Holy poo poo.

Also LOL PCOS Bill banned.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo, digg.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Fermented Tinal posted:

Je ne parles pas ding dong. I can sorta read it though. Unfortunately the experience is what hits me.

I can flip quarters onto the forks, but I have under one licensed year on a lift truck. I drive it for 6-8 hours a shift though.

Still be worth trying, jobs pay well and if you aren't a giant gently caress up they're stable. I can throw some company names at you, pm me.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hello from Chesterfield, SC!

Aw yiss rally cars. Pics tomorrow.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

gently caress you doing in chesterfield¿

I'm drunk in Camden

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Sandblast Rally.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Well hell you're right up the road. What time does dirt start flying tomorrow and where can I go if I'm welcome?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
The spectator zones are pretty well documented and you can wander the paddock since it's a rally and not a stuffy race for stuffy people. Bikes start at 8, and cars should be going around 830 to 9. http://sandblastrally.com

Hit me up via email: mnehwrar google's mail service if you want to hang out. I'm crewing for Duncker Felix and his son.

Wrar fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 4, 2017

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

angryrobots posted:

gently caress you doing in chesterfield¿

I'm drunk in Camden

What horrible turn did your life take that you ended up in Camden without going to CMP?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
:siren: TOP DOG NOMINATIONS ARE OVER. TIME TO VOTE! CLICK ME! :siren:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Adiabatic posted:

:siren: TOP DOG NOMINATIONS ARE OVER. TIME TO VOTE! CLICK ME! :siren:

Voted for a Good Boy

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
All dogs are top dog. I tell them that too. Good boy? Nope. Top dog.

E: I have ingested a non zero amount of vodka

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm having a rotten goddamned day so I cooked MEAT

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Way over cooked, not raw enough :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Way over cooked, not raw enough :colbert:

Still juicy as gently caress so it was good enough for me. It was also $5 and tasted great.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was just giving you poo poo lol.

Picked up some porterhouses on sale today, hell to the yes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I was just giving you poo poo lol.

Picked up some porterhouses on sale today, hell to the yes.

Hey for all I know you eat your steaks raw!

The weather is supposed to be amazing next week so I'm gonna grab some ribeyes and cook outside.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Rhyno posted:

I'm having a rotten goddamned day so I cooked MEAT

GF: "too cooked for me".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Mine said similar.
I have to have my girlfriend order red meat if we're sharing, otherwise I'd have nothing besides blue-rare steaks on fancier date nights

• Locked thread