Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

..... Annnnd I cant be bothered with more for now, my sinuses are running like a tap. Have at the chat

Wonder if it's the same poo poo I have. Started off with a cranking sore throat and I can feel it moving up my head now. I loving hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Biodome posted:

This morning I woke up at 6 am to drive to Austin from Dallas to interview for a job that would pay more than double what I make now for the same job, except it's for a start up that has less than 60 employees and is growing quickly. I'm still going to school so the fact that they even approached me even though I don't have a degree yet and am qualifying solely based on my work experience is pretty awesome. The company culture is a great fit, they have fantastic benefits, and everyone that works there gets equity.

There are no downsides except Austin traffic but I'd bypass that by living close enough to bike to work, and the small matter of my girlfriend staying in Dallas for a few months if I get the gig. It's not a certain I'll get it but the interviews went extremely well and I'm just giddy at the thought of making $60k-$70k after working retail my whole life making like, 35 tops.

Good luck man, sounds like a sweet gig

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Avocado is the loving best.

Finally got my washing machine fixed (under warranty, 3 week wait :rolleyes:) only to find the probable cause of the issue is the ridiculous water pressure at this new house. The guy had no problem fixing it all under warranty but then advised me to go get some pressure reducing valves. Two hardware stores and $145 later I can finally wash clothes. I hope.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sometimes I like to boil my steak in a bag. Sometimes I like to throw it on bits of burning house. Sometimes I throw it in a filthy deep fryer. Some times just on the bbq. Usually turns out ok.

The thing is have found to make the most difference is getting a quality piece of meat. The supermarket stuff can be ok but the ribeyes I get from my local butcher are a step above.

Chimmichuri is probably my favourite condiment for steak, sometimes a nice herb butter or just some plain ol' Hot English Mustard. Surf and Turf, heck a good whisky too. Throw in some sort of crispy potatoes and baby you got a stew goin'!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

You bring the whisky. Cask Strength or gtfo.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

BraveUlysses posted:

what the gently caress is a camero

That's what they call a Camaro in South Australia. Kinda like how a pint is actually a schooner. They'll still charge you pint prices though. Cunts.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

scrubs season six posted:

Not done to anywhere near the proper temperature.

:sad:

That was my first attempt a the deep fried sear so it did end up a little overdone

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So I'm was onboarding with yet another delivery service. May as well keep a few in my pocket, right?

So they sent me the contract and asked that I "sign and return immediately". So I read it....

I have to pay for my own background check. Oh... kay. I've had to do that a couple of times with these companies, not a fan, but whatever, one of them panned out decently. I even had a staffing company try to make me pay for my own drug test once though, NOPE.
I have to submit to a drug test, and it can only be done at a facility of their choosing, AND I have to pay for it. :2bong:
Their car requirements are "model year 2000 or newer, with at least 4 seats, and working air conditioning". I'm good on that front, my car left the factory with a total of 4 seats (this would be parcel delivery anyway though, and my passenger seat is currently out of the car because of the loving dispatchers at Amazon).
Under that, "vehicle must have and maintain under 100,000 miles for the duration of our relationship". Wait, what? I have a friend with a 2009 with over 315k. My 2006 has almost 170k. Good loving luck there.
"This contract is valid for one week of our relationship" - there are no provisions for extension. Hahahhaha no.
"<company> does not provide any form of insurance, including liability or contents, including for client contents" AHAHAHAHA gently caress NO I'VE NEVER SEEN A DELIVERY COMPANY NOT PROVIDE AT LEAST INSURANCE ON WHAT I'M TRANSPORTING NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
"Drivers must drive vehicles with no visible damage of any kind, interior or exterior" hahahahahhaaha oh god I drive a GM, any GM more than a couple of years old is shedding paint, and my carpet on the drivers side has holes worn from there my heels rest (while on the gas and while my left foot is looking for something to do)
"Drivers must submit current interior and exterior photos of their vehicles". Exterior photos I get. Interior? If I was expected to pick up people, I would expect that. But for packages? Who the gently caress cares what the inside of the car looks like so long as there's no roaches running around?
"Drivers must wear all black" wow that sounds like a uniform to me, which is a bit against the whole "independent contractor" bit. I can understand "dress professionally", but "dress in all black" is blurring the whole employee vs contractor bit.
"If items are damaged in transit, contractor must repay the cost of the item via payroll deduction, cash, or PayPal" wait paypal or cash wtf
Also they apparently only pay via paypal

The coupe de grace? Binding arbitration that you cannot opt out of.

I needed a good laugh.

Stalin couldn't have come up with that. A million Stalins in a million years with a million typewriters.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

rear end posted:

Yes. I also had the shop install a used bumper cover, because I'm not spending $500 on a new bumper cover, and the gap between the hood and the bumper is uneven.

it sucks that your paint is not right, that is something that would bother me too. Is the bumper fit something you can fix youself? I gather with some adjustment/shimming you can fix minor issues on most cars. However if you've paid them to get it right or if it's an insurance job you should complain

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

angryrobots posted:

Got me thinking, what was everybody's first movie you remember seeing in a movie theatre (or drive in)?

Mine:
The Adventures of Milo and Otis (1989 US release)

I wanted to go see Milo and Otis but my younger brother wanted to see...

Safety Dance posted:

The Little Mermaid, with my grandmother. My mom tells me that Grandma pretended to be frightened at some of the Ursula scenes, and I (who couldn't have been older than 2) reassured her that it was just a movie.

We both cried in the Ursula scene.

cursedshitbox posted:

Event Horizon. I was like 8.

E: that or 5th element.

poo poo man, I watched Event Horizon when I was in my early 20's and didn't sleep well :ohdear:

Rewatched the Fifth Element last night though. Such a good movie

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

mariooncrack posted:

Four day weekend starts today.

:toot:

Woo Hoo! Enjoy it!

I'm in the midst of 20 days in a row. On the upside I got my first pay from the second job I picked up (my student loan shark was sending me angry messages) I was hoping for an extra $260 a week but it looks like it's more like $425. This is a huge deal to me and means I should be able to save a decent amount of cash. Which I surely won't spend on an 80's sports car I don't need. :rolleyes: I'll wait to have a good look at the payslip and make certain the tax has been calculated correctly before I start shopping for an MR2

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Just rather arousing :)

You are the weirdest sex tourist

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would but I would get in trouble and be forced to immediately move it. This is as true now that I am single and share a house as it was when I lived with my ex.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Door Frame posted:

Man, why do I always want sweets lately, am I pregnant??? :gay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAnrTA317E

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
well I hate to interrupt weather chat, but I've got A SONG RECCOMENDATRON

This particular track has been on rotation in my wider playlist for a month or two now. Initially I never paid it no mind.

I'd be driving along, minding my own business. See the strange thing is, you hear it start, nothing to think about.

Keep driving. Song continues, driving continues.

Somehow, about four and a half minutes later the volume on your car stereo is cranked as loud as it will go without distorting and you have no idea how that happened.

Anywho, enjoy,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSfBRdYlXqU

slothrop fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 17, 2017

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
182cm (5'11") and 75kg (165lb). Now I could stand to lose some mass around my waist, 15 years of treating my body like I was 18 have not been kind to the belly. However, I have gently caress all muscle and if I saw any sort of muscle gains I'd be considered overweight. That seems fairly dumb.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cage posted:

Wing night wasnt the mistake, going to the gym afterwards was. :colbert:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I have, in the past, brushed enough hair off Lydia to create a second Lydia. This is a 20+ kg dog.

Here is Guv getting some post-surgery exercise. He loves to swim. Lydia is watching on. She hates to swim.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

There's still days where beer/liquor is my only source of caloric intake.
This is probably a good portion of my problem.

Fortunately for me, these days are becoming fewer and further between. It's amazing how much cutting down on booze has made a difference. I'm 33 on Monday and I honestly think I'm at my healthiest since I was 19. Certainly the smallest my gut has been.

I still probably drink far too much, but hey, I work in the industry. :rolleyes:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's funny seeing some people's heads explode when they walk into my store and I actually know a thing our two about the beer/whisky/gin they're enquiring about.

That's what happens when you shop at an independent store that actually cares about retaining and training instead of Dan Murphy where it's a loving alcohol supermarket that isn't any cheaper most of the time

/rant

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Ok except overwatch

I'll warn u I am about to hit diamond rank :smug:

Call me when you hit Gemerald

annoyed I cannot find originals to link to

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh I dunno. Sometimes you get to surprise them at the next set of lights and they get all embarrassed and scared and wont look at you. Especially if you are really pissed and ready to deck the oval office. The passenger I think wet themselves.

101kms, head winds and for the first time in years I got caught out without sunscreen. I am soooooo burnt

Where did you manage to find sun in NSW? You're a gaddam magician

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Confirm. 2 days of sun so far this month. It's wearing thin.

Highly recommend Bovine and Swine in Newtown. It's not cheap, but it is good.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
First day of seeing the sun in two actual whole weeks. Sure I had to work all day but now I'm sitting on my deck listening to great music drinking a beer soaking up some rays. Going to fire up the BBQ and do some lamb soon, got a bunch of chimichurri to put on it. Life is ok right now.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The grass is like 30 cms high after two weeks away. Woooow

Well done missing out on the last two weeks, it's amazing how much it affects your brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I think my flatmates might be a little more excited about this whole thing than I am…

• Locked thread