Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

I like guns. Talk about guns more.

I went on a stag do last year and we shot .177 air rifles, actually fantastic fun plinking at mixed targets. I've also shot shotguns a couple of times, they don't kick like people say they do. I could see myself enjoying any fixed target rifle shoot really.

quote:

Only in the sense of my BMI.

How do you still fit in the cappo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

KakerMix posted:

I like my steak medium rare with just some salt and pepper on it before it's grilled. If someone wants to puck it up then that's there choice. Ketchup? Sure man whatever you like. Heck you can even be weird and not put beans in your chili it's all good in the hood baby.
Now, if you start putting some Rockstar wheels on your car....

I boil my steak well done in rockstar energy drink.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

If I woke up tomorrow with the power of Superman the first thing I would do is wipe out the world's avacado crop.

Not because I dislike them, but because people become turbo assholes every time the topic comes up.

Not the superhero we want. Not the superhero we need. Just a fat :v: rear end in a top hat with super powers.

And hot sauce.

I found out today one of my co-workers thinks rice is a sort of pasta. I'm still not entirely sure he wasn't just trolling.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I started watching AvE. It's the best.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

If I have to interview for something, or go to a wedding, or a funeral, etc, then I'll actually shave. But I might shave for real a few times a year.

I'll only have a proper shave when my daughter says she won't kiss me because I'm prickly like a hedgehog but not as cute:3:

And weddings etc.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Also, blanket statements are universally bad.

Not always :colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

blk posted:

Are euro plates ever acceptable?

Are you in mainland Europe?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

nm posted:

They're not in murica so they can't be the best.

Some theorize there actually thousands of 1st gen pandas in America, but they've managed to evade their larger predators so well they largely go unnoticed.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Basically throw all the eggs.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Now I want to look up security reviews of my garage doors when I get home.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Coredump posted:

They're not perfect but anyone who doesn't have security cameras up should look at the Arlo Pro. Completely wireless cameras, got mine setup in an hour and I get alerts on my phone when they sense motion.

I just looked these up and a set is nearly a grand. Anyone have suggestions for a setup with mixed wired and wireless cameras? I'm happy to install myself.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I can get a 2 camera wired swann system and an additional wireless camera for about £200-250, that'll probably do me. Going to have a chat with my neighbors so they don't feel I'm taking liberties tomorrow.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm bored, recommend me a car film I'm unlikely to have watched before.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Hit And Run.

I'll try this and report back.

KakerMix posted:

the original Gone in 60 seconds?

Powershift posted:

The driver

These two later. Thanks people.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Vanishing Point

Done already.

InitialDave posted:

Also the original Taxi movie(s) for those who haven't seen them (TBH anything with Luc Besson at the helm is always a solid watch).

Haven't done yet, will do.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

An arty guy I know through a friend of a friend and I got talking one drunken evening years ago and decided we wanted to build a compete working daguerrotype (I probably spelt that wrong) setup, because A: it would be cool as hell B: hipsters would pay the ludicrous premium required to make it break even.

He messaged me a few weeks afterwards to tell me not to do the chemical research he had done as a follow up, because he got a visit from the old bill...

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'd be pissed if any car I owned got that treatment, new or old.

Well my Friday night is sitting at the dining table on the works laptop making presentations for douche bag VIPs for Monday, how is everyone else doing?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

angryrobots posted:

Finished the newest project Binky, and like every previous episode, wonder what the hell I'm doing wrong in my life

Whatever you're doing you're probably doing it faster than they are :haw:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Well I'm down with flu-like symptoms and the Stockholm syndrome is such that I keep thinking I can't take a day off tomorrow because I have so much to do and so much later in the week to prepare for but if I'm this bad tomorrow morning I'm not going to be that guy that makes everyone else ill gently caress it.

My joints ache and my total intake today has been half a packet of biscuits, a bag of crisps and loads of coffee. Real healing food there right?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm 5'7"and 154lb and I could easily stand to lose 5-10lb, or at least convert it to muscle, sounds like some of you guys are in denial about being fat cunts :colbert:

Joking though, bmi charts are garbage.

There was an article on either the verge or wired a while back about a guy that did his own diy poop transplant for reasons I can't remember, I'll have to find it and link it, the conclusions weren't scientific at best.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

So many blokes at work are talking about that loving film if I didn't know better I'd suspect it had Emma Watson nude in it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

funny Star Wars parody posted:

"No freestanding structures other than play sets may be constructed on the property"

:saddowns:

Got a tree?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Fitness? Fitn'this whole pack of biscuits in my belly.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

It's very rarely wheat or gluten, get to the doctor and get her tested so you find out what's really wrong.

E: hell I developed lactose intolerance last year at 35, it happens

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Condolences rbd, it hurts just to read that. As little as it means we're here for you.

"Consider debt" means finance and credit cards right? Not house? I need to find a new deal on the mortgage but there's only 5k in debt in the rest of the household and I'm hoping to pay that off by Christmas.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I just washed my car for the first time in months and discovered Fiat thoughtfully constructed a convenient pocket above the front chassis member to collect dirt and gravel for later use. There was literally about a pound of crap on either side like they wanted it to rust. Wankers. During this the hose connectors burst off about a dozen times and I find the hose itself is leaking from a million places.

Then I tried to clean the block paving which was now black. I think I'll give in and buy a cheap karscher and a new hose tomorrow. :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

I'm seriously considering selling my car, because it costs $800/year in emissions tax and $1,250/year for insurance, plus 10L/100km is no fun when gas is 11DKK/litre ($6/gallon). With 20,000km/year, that's ~$2,850/year in gas alone. Of course the comfort and torque is nice, but it certainly does come at a cost.

I was considering getting a Panda again, but your post is sort of putting me off that idea. I noticed that mine would pick up a little bit of road dirt in front of the rear wheels, but I didn't know about the front chassis member thing.

Currently, I'm thinking about a Peugeot 206 SW with the 1.4 (or 1.6, I guess).

I'll take pictures later, some por15 will probably make it a non-issue though.

Having owned a 206SW I'll tell you the 1.4 petrol is dog slow. The 2.0hdi was fantastic. If it hadn't started suffering random electrical gremlins I'd still have it for certain.

• Locked thread