Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Weird.. just saw a beat to poo poo mid 00s Altima (complete with mismatched bumpers) roll+creak through my parking lot...

Outfitted with the license plate camera setup that I've seen in some neighboring cities. 4 cameras total on the roof. Looked brand new, and definitely the same camera setup I've seen on marked police cars.

fake edit: looks like it's driving through the entire property, so probably a repo guy or skip tracer. I'll see if I can snag a pic next time he passes my building.

I saw something similar to this, but I can't really remember what it was. The difference was it actually had a city logo and "registration enforcement" on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, that yard doesn't seem too bad. If it's just a bunch of cars, and the people who live there are otherwise quiet/friendly, then I don't see a problem.

RVA Goons: Where's a good place to grab a beer and easy dinner downtown? I'm going to a concert at the National tomorrow so I want to eat first. (No IPAs, since I know Richmond is Hipster-town)

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

If you wanna go a little far out from downtown, theres a little vietnamese restaurant called Mekong that also happens to be the #1 beer bar in america.

If you're into dive bar hotdogs and draft beer, hit up City Dog.

If you want decent German food/burgers and a great draft selection in a small-chain vibe a couple blocks from your concert, hit up Capital Ale House.

PM me if you wanna grab a beer!

e: Cuban food / atmosphere at Havana 59, BBQ at Halligans, loving weird at Wonderland (ask Chad for a hug), British nonces close to the National at Penny Lane.

Thanks, that's a good spread of stuff to check out. I'm going to be with my girlfriend and her relatives this time, but I'd be down for getting a beer next time I'm in town.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

The fact that financial services industry is worth roughly a quarter to a third of the Canadian and US economies terrifies the poo poo out of me, it's gotten that big completely on the back of people spending beyond their means and at some point that's just going to collapse like housing loans did in 2008.

It worked for houses, so let's try cars

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

If you want a super good reason for why not to have an HOA try out the NextDoor app.

I have the app plus a Neighborhood watch Facebook group. I never run out of entertainment between the too (and also want to move the hell away).

• Locked thread