Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

The only time i'll eat avocado is when its in sushi because it goes really nicely with smoked salmon. Otherwise i cant stand the poo poo.

As for texture averse, I cant stomach cucumber or zucchini. they're nothing more than watery lovely flavoured impoverished ladies sex toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Holy poo poo- Frieburger cracked 249mph in an aerodynamically stock, naturally aspirated 68 Camero out at lake gairdner!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Our security fence around the compound at work in the northern suburbs of Adelaide punches out about 12KV.. its not designed to stop someone touching it, its designed to incapacitate someone climbing it. Your average electric cow fence maxes out at about 6kv.

I do know it leaves nice burn marks on the trailers when someone backs one up too far and earths it out, and that it has ZERO problems with earthing out through the rubber tyres into bitumen.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Holy poo poo its funny watching cats post being washed! Fanatical grooming is the only way to describe it.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

In Australia we have state police and then federal police. If the federal police are talking to you you are in Very Serious Trouble...

Fed police don't touch Day to day stuff- they deal mostly with terrorism, drug importation, airport security, fed government security and there's a bunch of exceedingly grumpy ones who are forced to be normal cops in the ACT. They don't have ANY sense of humour.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

On camera chat, I absolutely love my EOS 7D. Its only the Mk1 version, but it still outdoes my abilities as a photographer. I dont have the disposable cash for L series glass so I have to make do with USM lenses but the 10-22 wide angle is a BRILLIANT lens for landscape photography and has an absolutely insane minimum focal length of about 1 foot, so you can really gently caress about with shallow depth of field and close up.

I also use my iphone for 90% of my photos cos its easier to put on facebook :v:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

totalnewbie posted:

Should have bought the 6D if you want wide angles :v:

That's one big thing to consider when buying a camera: a crop sensor will give you a good (1.6x for Canon) bang-for-your-buck value on telephoto lenses but a full-frame will give you better picture quality and better wider shots. They're also more expensive but them's the breaks. I think 6D is the cheapest full-frame.

The other big consideration is whether the camera will be used for photos or videos. I got a 6D primarily because I'm not interested in doing video. If I had wanted to do video, I would have gotten a 7D without question. The disparity in capability between the two is huge.

6D also didn't exist when I bought my 7D. Options were a 1D Mk II, 5D, 7D or the 70D iirc.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

I'm waiting for the 1080ti to come out fully because it's going to tank the price of the rest of the 10 series cards hard- already starting to see 1080's at 1060's prices.

I'm not really needing to upgrade the rest of the PC- it's a 2600K that runs happily at 4.2ghz with a corsair HN80 water cooler on it. Bout the only thing I could really upgrade would be swapping the 16gb of 1600mhz ram out for 32gb of 2133 and getting another 512gb ssd and run them in raid for a primary drive.

The Evga 770 GTX superclocked 4gb GPU still holds it own but BF1 constantly bitches about frame rates.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Owning my own home meant that when i wanted to dig up a corner of my block and build a 6mx9mx4m garage and workshop all i had to do was get permission from my missus and go through council approval. Im also paying as much a fortnight in my mortgage payment on my 2yr old built as I want it house as my mate is in his rental home, which is about 50yrs old, draughty, uninsulated and he cant do ANYTHING to to rectify it- he burns about 4x as much fire wood as I do just to keep one end of the house warm. The opposite end to his bedroom of course.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Ive moved and raked out about 60 cubic meters of gum chip mulch in the last two days. My shoulders and back are officially on strike and hate me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Jesus christ rbd thats rough.

This was work today.

They're Pine cones. They can weigh up to 18kg (40lb) and they grow at the top of a 30-45m tree, and then drop without any warning.

Australia: Where even the pine trees want to kill you.

• Locked thread