Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Have we talked about five guys lately?

If I stay late at work tomorrow, work will buy me five guys for dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Put them in his mouth, obviously

This is correct.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

ilkhan posted:

Not worth it. Get Habit.

I don't think there's one near me.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
It's a texture thing for me. I'm not a fan of the mushy texture. I'm not huge guacamole fan either but I'm coming around on that.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

LloydDobler posted:

So last week I had a neighbor directly behind my townhouse move in, and my cable went out at the exact same time. First problem I've had of any kind in literally 10 years. So I called it in, sure enough - my cable has been installed and working for so long that there was no current label on the wire, just a really old one that fell down in the dirt. So the installer assumed it was unused, cut it and installed my neighbor's cable where mine was. So my tech installed a splitter and got me back up and running.

Just looked at my bill, and they're trying to charge me $70 for the service call. In what universe does that make any sense of any kind? Now I realize why everyone else complains about them, I've been so lucky till now. All I've had is fast internet speeds and continuous uptime for a decade.

Oh well, I'm laughing more than complaining, I'm sure they'll erase it off my bill. But just the fact that I have to call in to argue about it at all is annoying.

Good luck. Cable companies are notorious for that kind of thing. Chances are, they'd erase the $70 service call and add on another $20 service call for calling them about their gently caress up.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Ayyyupp.

90% of why we haven't bought a house (and how much house you can buy in Indiana for $100K would make you sick) is that we don't know that we're staying here.

I thought you were moving to Ohio at some point.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Door Frame posted:

Houses are good if you know for a fact that you will be somewhere for a decade or more, but I'm not sure that most people can say that these days. Chicago's losing people at an alarming rate, so I won't even bother looking here long term. The jobs are kind of here for now, but I wouldn't bet on it staying that way

The only draw of this city is great food, great beer, and great hospitals. Pretty much everything else is kinda lovely at best

Any reason people are leaving so quickly? Gang violence?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMcN6SQrtcw

I know this was on jalopnik today but in case you didn't see it, it's pretty cool.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I got my hall-effect keyboard in the mail today.

It's very nice but it's very weird to type on. I usually use a clicky keyboard but I really like this one.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Muppet Christmas I think.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I got promoted from test engineer to applications dev and today is my first day

About 2 dive into a xamarin codebase pray for me

Congrats!

I imagine your afternoon might look like this:

http://dilbert.com/strip/2013-02-24

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Keyboard chat:

I got a new keyboard the other day. Don't have a picture off hand but here's the link:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/30851?mode=guest_open

It's really weird since I'm used to tactile switches and this is linear. Actuation can be changed with a keyboard shortcut too.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm also curious about this because I have a T40 with a nearly-dead battery that I would like to use for activities.

http://microcenter.drbattery.com/

My best guess would be to see if Microcenter sold a replacement. Seems like a better idea than an ebay/amazon special.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Four day weekend starts today.

:toot:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Clear
Tactile force 65 cN
Actuation force 55 cN
Peak force ca. 95 cN

MK claims 55g actuation / 95g peak
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=594

Jesus, Hall effect? I'll bet that was expensive. Those are usually reserved for industrial terminal applications.

Not bad, about $100. They seem to have cut some corners when finding a factory to make them...

Admitedly, I got lucky and mine seems fine. It seems like a lot of them had poor packaging and a lot of people had quality issues. The talk page is mostly people complaining about the quality of the boards they've received. While the manufacturer has been communicating with everyone I don't think I would order from them again.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4MKDSE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KUZVNQ9LP7N9

Anyone have experience with battery chargers like this?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

QuarkMartial posted:

Yay my phone screen decided to stop working. Suggestions for something ultra cheap that works with Sprint?

Moto G?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

I know this has been asked and answered 100+ times but this time I'm saving it so I don't have to ask again.

Could someone give me the run down on good/bad diesel truck engines? I've come to the conclusion I'm most likely going to need to buy a truck capable of towing the race car and am fairly clueless. Ford/Chevy/Cummins/etc engines I know nothing about other than some are good and will run forever while some are poo poo and guaranteed to blow up or be a bitch to work on.

For example would this truck with the 7.3L turbo diesel make a good tow vehicle? https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/6041192415.html
I'd be towing the race car (~2200lb), tools and spares in an enclosed trailer.

I know nothing about diesels but that truck looks really nice. Please do not make it roll coal if you buy it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Yeah the best way to learn manual is to buy one. I bought a 6 speed 2014 Outback. I was lucky that I had another car to drive that week so I could get to work without too much trouble. Coming from a cvt to a manual was weird.

I actually think 1st to 2nd is harder in some modern cars than starting. My outback has really bad rev hang from 1st to 2nd and getting used to it can be a challenge. Had I driven more manuals before this one, I might not have gotten it honestly.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
From a buyer perspective, if a dealership told me that the tpm was disabled like that, I would run away. It would be very hard to shake the idea that there were other things you were hiding from me or future possible electrical gremlins may be hiding.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Wing night is never a mistake.

I think it's important to remember to measure your waist if you've been dieting and exercising. You may not have lost weight but you may be losing inches.

Weight is only one metric for health.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Kinda surprised they don't need their own power supply connector, I guess they've done some real work on the efficiency.

I'm not at the moment, but I'd like to get back into PC gaming again. Video card definitely seems to be the bottleneck when I look at CPU and GPU temps when gaming; the video card is :supaburn: with the fan screaming, and the CPU is in the low 50s (both degrees and utilization).

The nice thing about lower end graphics cards is that they've come a long way in the last couple of years. They are a lot more efficient than they used to be and much more powerful. Intel's onboard video these days isn't too bad.

You may want to look into upgrading your CPU at some point too. The 2500k is a good processor for most things but when it comes to gaming it's starting to show its age.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Fitness chat : I'm back down a pants size again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CornHolio posted:

I am currently eating a snickers :(

I didn't change my diet too much. I started Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the end of January and working out more often and more consistently.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Bought a spin bike today :unsmith:

Also started a gluten free diet :smith:

The spin bike is one of my favorite exercises. I do spin class from time to time too.

Good luck with the gluten free diet. You might want to look into whole 30, it looks like it has some delicious recipes.

• Locked thread