Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You Am I posted:

Autumn has started in the correct hemisphere on this planet

Has it, though? Has it really? Post your forecasts with autumnal temperatures.

E: I know it's Florida but I'm fairly sure we never dipped below 50 degrees Freedom (that's 10 Communist). We definitely used to get cold enough that water would freeze; I distinctly remember in 2003 coming to school and all the trees were coated in ice after the irrigation was left on (intentionally? idk).

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

scrubs season six posted:

Not done to anywhere near the proper temperature.

:sad:

Look at this infant what can't handle a little raw beef.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Buncha blasphemers in here claiming movies existed before Fury Road

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Grilled pineapple is the poo poo. Grilled fruits in general really, as long as it's fleshy and not something that'll pop like grapes or whatever.

I'm still using the stock dome switch Dell keyboard that i've had since 2007 and it does me just fine. The spacebar, WASD and first few number keys are polished smooth.

So the airbag light that was flashing for a couple weeks seems to have gone out. I should just not worry about it and pretend it never happened, right?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

monsterzero posted:

Dishwashers are the worst. I feel like everyone I know replaced a 20-year old washer and are now on their second new one in three years.
Did dishwashers cost a months salary in the early 90s or something?

I think it's just that classic answer of "Back then things were overbuilt to ensure they'd last through the warranty, these days we're much better at engineering exact lifetimes".

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

FHP is what everyone I know calls em, no real special name for them.

They have one of the more stately (:v:) liveries out there, and they used to have the best interceptors.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ferremit posted:

In Australia we have state police and then federal police. If the federal police are talking to you you are in Very Serious Trouble...

Fed police don't touch Day to day stuff- they deal mostly with terrorism, drug importation, airport security, fed government security and there's a bunch of exceedingly grumpy ones who are forced to be normal cops in the ACT. They don't have ANY sense of humour.

Yeah, we've got em too, it's called the FBI. If you're ever talking to one of them you have hosed Up.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Adiabatic posted:

I love guitar this poo poo owns

Sitting here trying to get Nancy Wilson's intro to Crazy On You down and hey where'd them 3 hours just get to?

Guitar is fun as hell, I've been practicing a lot more since I got a headphone-capable amp and i can feel myself slowly leveling up my shred game.

Had another fun day launching rockets. Got my L1 cert and another club from my school had good flights on all 3 of their hybrid rockets.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Apparently my uncle died very suddenly. :( I'm still kinda processing it, while simultaneously putting off going to see my mom and grandma. I've never been great at expressing grief.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Weirdly I saw a car with that stuff on it the other day, forgot about it til now. Was an old red 3rd-gen Camaro with tinted windows, the cameras looked super out of place and I kinda went WTF as I passed it (he was chilling at 5 under on the highway). Guess now I know what was up with it!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Mam I know I'm fat, but apparently "medically normal" weight for someone my 6'5" height is 150 to 200lb? I'm pretty sure I'd look like a stick figure at that weight.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm 6'5" and 350, it's almost funny seeing people quibble over 5 pounds here and there when I could drop 100 and still technically be obese.

I'm reasonably active though (walking all over a spread out campus helps) and my blood pressure dropped to like 125/75 since starting depression/anxiety meds recently, so... :shrug:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Real talk, weight charts are massive bullshit, especially for young adults who don't know poo poo. Back in 2012 when I was sticking to a workout, I got down to about 265, 36in pants and could wear medium shirts. I had decent muscle mass, if still a bit squishy over top. Because I was still "obese" I thought I had to lose another 40lb and get to like 10% body fat to actually be healthy.

I look back at pics from those years and it's like HOLY gently caress THAT WAS THE PRIME OF MY LIFE AND I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE IT. I legitimately didn't feel any better than I do now, partly due to untreated brain problems but still. I honestly looked good and I couldn't even enjoy it.

Man, this got angsty fast. Time to try and go to sleep so I can survive my drat morning lecture.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Official sadbrains subforum is E/N, or i guess now it's called Much Ado About Nothing.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Bought a spin bike today :unsmith:

Also started a gluten free diet :smith:

I'm gonna go eat a whole bag of flour in your honor.

Dry.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You dummy, you drove it around town. That doesn't match the beancounter's curve fit of 90% of American drivers, who commute 50 miles to work and barely shift. Clearly your own fault for over-fatiguing the part!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've barely made any progress in therapy since it's about once a month (this school is huge and busy and the counseling office is a bit undersized) but the meds have got me feeling pretty good baseline lately. Now if I could just motivate myself to do work while I'm already swimming in serotonin...

• Locked thread