Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

kastein posted:

The point is that the devils lettuce might give you schizophrenia and you'd shoot people!!! :tinfoil:

Speak of the devil, the firearms licensing officer in my town literally just called me 5 minutes ago, my license to carry is in! I can pick it up anytime and start buying fun things.
On the list so far:
- ruger 10/22 because why not (wife already has an sr22 for pistol plinking)
- ruger redhawk krh44 unless I find something I like more
- remington 870 because everyone needs a shotgun
- who knows what the gently caress else, whatever the hell I feel like whatever pittances the massachusetts approved firearms roster will grant me

Don't buy a new 870, you have enough things that spontaneously rust. Call Summit Gun Broker and buy this: http://summitgunbroker.com/rem--870p.html Have it shipped to your local FFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

kastein posted:

I know a guy in Pennsylvania who says he knows of a gun store where I can get a used one for 50-150 bucks depending on condition. gently caress new prices for that, I agree.

It's less the pricing, and more that new ones rust exceedingly fast thanks to Freedom Group cost cutting. The finish is crap, and it'll just rust solid in a safe where everything else is fine. But police trade in magnums are where it's at.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

clam ache posted:

I'm in Louisville till Tuesday. Celebrating my aniversary with my wife. Anyone have any good recommendations? Just did the Louisville slugger tour. Was awesome due to an amazing tour guide. Also this city feels tiny compared to Chicago but still a bigish city.

If you like cocktails, check out http://metalouisville.com/ it's a phenomenal bar/speakeasy. I would say do at least one distillery tour if you haven't, they're all fairly similar. The Elijah Craig Experience is in Louisville proper if you don't feel like driving out to some place like Maker's.

We also enjoyed the Kentucky Derby Museum and Churchill Downs tour.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

I'm currently looking at replacing my Chromebook with a refurbed Thinkpad T420(:420:). It's a 5 year old model, but it's got an i5, 4GB RAM, 14" 1600x900 and an SSD, and the refurb place guarantees at least 75% battery life left (of the original 6-8 hours, which is pretty good).

It'll run everything I can think of just fine, short of 3D games, but I don't care as long as I can watch 1080p Youtube videos, listen to music on Spotify and shitpost on the forums. It's the last model with a proper non-chiclet Thinkpad keyboard.

My Dad has a T420 and I have a T520 we bought with his discount before he retired. He finally let me install an SSD in his, and it made a huge difference in usability. I have 16gb of ram and he has 8, so in some cases mine is a smidge faster. I'd budget upping the ram in the one you're looking at, but since it already has an SSD you're saving there. Mine is still going great, and much better than the crappy HP thing work gave me.

I will note that if you like the original, rough trackpoint caps, those are getting harder to find.

• Locked thread