Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

rear end posted:

Yes. I also had the shop install a used bumper cover, because I'm not spending $500 on a new bumper cover, and the gap between the hood and the bumper is uneven.

What color was the used cover? I've had issues where a shop did not bother priming (or sanding, just scotchbrite) the used bumper and the paint was slightly off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Who wants to convince me buying a rental property is a bad idea and instead, I should buy 10 acres in the middle of BFE.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I use Ubiquiti's DVR with these: https://www.ubnt.com/unifi-video/unifi-video-camera-g3/ and https://www.ubnt.com/unifi-video/unifi-video-camera-micro/
Both types of camera work well in low light and provide a good image quality. I have motion based recording setup and I can access the DVR from an app on my phone.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I have kicked rear end the last two days, or at least gotten way more rewarding things done then in recent months. If I can keep this going through the next two weeks, I might just get pulled out of this awful rut I keep dropping back into. :unsmith:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
You know what's fun? Getting alerts at 1am that your 40kva UPS is overtemp'ing and the output relay shut off.

You know what's more fun?
Alerts weren't setup yet and we didn't find it until the next morning. No fire, but holy poo poo.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

the spyder posted:

You know what's fun? Getting alerts at 1am that your 40kva UPS is overtemp'ing and the output relay shut off.

You know what's more fun?
Alerts weren't setup yet and we didn't find it until the next morning. No fire, but holy poo poo.

I can't even. The contractor we hired to audit our power distribution in the DC mislabeled the circuits. My tech just took half my storage offline...

:psyduck:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Send me a PM, I have a T420 with SSD/8GB that I was just about to list in SA mart.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm not sure if it's just *spring cleaning* time or what, but I just decided to purge as much as I can (with the little time I have). There no reason we need 5 laptops or 8 sets of suspension for Rx-7. I would rather have the money for my projects and to pay off our CC's.

I can't directly relate recent changes to my slightly more positive attitude or outlook, but between having a newborn and not drinking, I'm feeling much better. Maybe I can get some fun stuff done this year. Like finish my 20b FD.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Ahahahahaha. gently caress me. Our well pump clogged nearly solid Saturday (bad iron bacteria infection, eats pumps every ~7 years). I caught the local supply house at 3:59. Got everything I needed and arranged for a few friends to come over today to pull it. Went ahead and did the pipe/wire at the same time since it had 70's black PVC all the way down. Everything went great. New pump in, new pipe, regulator readjusted. Beautiful. I can shower. Opps. better lock the shop first. Walk by the pump house... why does it sound like a waterfall? gently caress ME. While the system was down I redid a leaking fitting on the pressure tank. Must have overtightened it by a solid 1-2 turns... It blew a 1x1" chunk out. Lesson learned. Finger tight +1/2 turn, NO TAPE only dope.

All the supply houses are closed and I've got meetings at 9am tomorrow. Let's see if I can pull this off. lol

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Photo proof I'm an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Darchangel posted:

This, except IT support. After the third time this week of you not being able to print because you didn't turn the printer on...
I'm not diagnosed, but I suspect mild ADHD, and/or mild autism spectrum (hello? goon). Neither bad enough to go on meds at present, so I've not bothered to get a diagnosis. poo poo didn't exist when I was a kid - they just worked around it, or you were a problem child. I got lucky with good teachers, I think.

Same boat. No diagnosis/teachers worked with what ever issues I had due to my creativity/smarts. I wired my grade school for Cat 5 @14yrs old. In high school I started to help the former VP who was reassigned to IT. Guy didn't know how IP addressing worked. I would get called out of class on a weekly basis, finally got so bad they assigned me a period just to help him. I was a C+ student, but known by everyone in the school.

I'm actually having the same issue BLK is to some extent. By 11am I'm bored to death even with a list of projects ahead of me. It's not good for me or the business. Thinking it's finally time to see someone about figuring out what's up with me and move on. I don't need this hanging over me and I'm tired of the excuses I keep making.

• Locked thread