Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
I had my bumper cover resprayed and the color is very slightly off if you look close and I am sad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Goober Peas posted:

So what you're saying is it looks like rear end

Yes. I also had the shop install a used bumper cover, because I'm not spending $500 on a new bumper cover, and the gap between the hood and the bumper is uneven.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

InitialDave posted:

How different is it? Paint on bumpers is almost always a little off, even from the factory.

A lot of paint places now show people the difference before they paint, so they can see that it was like that originally, it's not an error on the painter's part when re-done.

slothrop posted:

it sucks that your paint is not right, that is something that would bother me too. Is the bumper fit something you can fix youself? I gather with some adjustment/shimming you can fix minor issues on most cars. However if you've paid them to get it right or if it's an insurance job you should complain

I posted about it in the stupid questions thread since I just realized that it's really irritating me and hey maybe there's something I can do about it.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

the spyder posted:

What color was the used cover? I've had issues where a shop did not bother priming (or sanding, just scotchbrite) the used bumper and the paint was slightly off.

No clue. But they did prime and sand the cover, I've seen them do it.

• Locked thread