Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm in Orlando rn and Disney sucks

We're going to coco today tho so yay

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

QuarkMartial posted:

That's the best way to do Florida, stay on the beach at Coco. Then wander down to the Coco Beach Pier to eat and watch manta rays.

I love it here, this is the Florida that everyone talks about :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Toy story I think

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The BLT scarred me as a child

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I got promoted from test engineer to applications dev and today is my first day

About 2 dive into a xamarin codebase pray for me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

Congrats!

I imagine your afternoon might look like this:

http://dilbert.com/strip/2013-02-24

this is me rn

good news tho im porting it to xcode instead of trying to deal with xamarin lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

vote 4 rascal pls

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

buy the raptor

it's super worth it (because it looks rad as hell)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nm posted:

My grandfather and like half my extended family are from n yorkshire, so it is basicallyy default english accent.
My grandfather basically had no accent at all though because he lived in Uk, Canada, US, as well as being a foriegn service officer so his accemt was a musmash of everything that sounded neutral to everyone. It was kinda weird.

This is basically my accent now except the occasional time where a bit of extra aussie or Irish or something pops out

Siri hates me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Do we have any mobile app devs or software devs here? Got some questions for you

im on day 2 of that job title how can i help u :downs:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I dropped out of pharmacy school after a medication that's been around ever and used off label to treat gout got recognized by the FDA for its treatment of gout, revoked the generic and gave the rights to a company who then sold it for $85/tab

It costs $0.01/tab to manufacture

Colchicine I think was it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

A goon in yospos who works for an insurance company said that the day after trump got elected the CEO sent a company wide email saying how excited they are for the incoming changes

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

non-controversial topic: pinapple pizza is an affront to humanity and is the reason why we are all going to hell

we must pay for our crimes against pizza

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Confession: whenever I get pizza I always get it with jalapeņo and anchovies because I am secretly pregnant

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i can tell u rascal LOVES getting kissed after i eat mah pizza

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goober Peas posted:

Who's the father :gay:

There's my answer :barf:

lol if u dont kiss your dog on the nose just lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm never eating that much food again holy poo poo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The iPhone 7 plus with portrait mode suits my needs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Only problem is a laughably large phone. iPhone SE 4lyf

ya true, it is kind of big

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i think what we're all saying here is "kill all boomers except maybe our parents"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I used to get pulled over based on my tinted windows then I'd roll them down and they'd be like ok have a nice day

100% they were making sure I wasn't DWB (driving while black)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://fat.gfycat.com/DamagedCloudyAuklet.gifv

edit: wow that's kind of big

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goober Peas posted:

So I hesitate to do this but since we participated in the dogge contest, it would be nice if we jumped into the GWP dogge thread to offer condolences to Icarus' owner. Icarus (a very good dogge) had an accident and is chasing bumpers in vallalla now. His owner, Nostalgia4Dogges is understandably upset given the circumstances.

oh noooooo :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

factorio does it funner

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

All unemployed goons should head to Detroit because we can't fill IT jobs nearly as fast as we need em

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I've been here like 9 years and I am unfortunately still alive

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Geoj posted:

All things being relative, not really. Its your typical midwest climate - upper teens/lower 20s (-10 to -5 C) for average lows during the winter, upper 80s to lower 90s (30 to 35 C) for average highs in the summer. Detroit is at the wrong end of the lake for lake effect snow in the winter (warm lake water relative to the air causes clouds that drop snow up to 30 miles inland) so aside from the occasional cold snap winter is more or less tolerable for people accustomed to living where it snows in the winter.

There are definitely bad, bad parts of Detroit I wouldn't want to be caught dead in but the whole city isn't some post-apocalyptic Mad Max hellhole - and that extends outside of downtown. My biggest worry about living in Detroit proper and not outlying suburbs is the longterm viability of the city government.

Ya all this

also it's almost as cloudy as ireland or norway but the suburbs are very nice. I live in a suburb about 15 miles from downtown detroit and it's close enough to be able to go to a hockey game easily and downtown is safe enough that you can walk around at 2a without too much worry, but it's definitely dodgier than some other DT area. it's also far enough that if i drive north for half an hour i can go buy antiques and stuff at tiny shops in tiny towns

the urban sprawl is pretty immense though, i was driving almost 40miles one way to work when i was at Ford and i never crossed into backwoods area, it was all within the sprawl

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i prefer it to be sunny and 80-90F all the time because i get real fuckin depressed when it's cloudy

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

no, the farther north you go the less lovely people are

dont go too far north tho

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The cost of living in Metroit is significantly higher than most of Texas

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

When i first moved here and was a real oval office me and some friends would race up and down I-75 at 120mph at 2a because the police were too busy with murders

i dont think you can get away with it anymore but ya, if anyone is ever in town lmk and if im not buried in work like i currently am im down for a meetup

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Forgot to mention: yesterday, I had a phone interview for a position, since my hot company still seems to want me out for whatever reason (I'm doing Knowledge Transfer with another guy already), and frankly, I'm done with working for an outsourcer or any kind of contracting. That one was the one with the company's recruiter, and seemed fine. Basic stuff, making sure that I was who I said I was, etc. Second technical one was supposed to be today, set up by the recruiter, but the guy never called. I hope it's just a miscommunication, but it really took the wind out of my sails that I delayed lunch, scheduled time to be out of the building (for privacy and to not be doing that poo poo on current company's time/space) and got nothing out of it. I really want out of here. 17 years is enough, and luxury retail is going nowhere. In fact, the host company is about to be sold to yet another investment group (which will probably tell you exactly who it is.)
I'm going to go home and drink while playing Minecraft. It's almost Zen.

Get out quick, friend

They're getting demolished by Amazon and other online retailers and the store is almost always empty

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

Rascal status: currently in second place

Ya, this is going to be pretty close :ohdear:

He was in the lead and I just put my batsignal out on my discord server so hopefully the votes start pouring in :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Thanks everyone :3:

The darn CSPAM doggo is winning by A Lot

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yeah i'm kind of bummed that a meme dog is owning me rn but it's okay because i :toxx:'d $20 to the winner either way

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm 6'9 and 420lbs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

freelop posted:

Couple of pages late but I put another vote for Rascal in.

In a couple of weeks the missus and I be getting our first dog - this is Brigg

We met him last weekend and he is a good boy :3

a good doggo

Seminal Flu posted:

I love labs. :rip: your vacuum.

i should post a pic of rascalfloof some time

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Here is what happens when you vacuum your bedroom for the third time this week after your dog chews his bone into oblivion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

slothrop posted:

I have, in the past, brushed enough hair off Lydia to create a second Lydia. This is a 20+ kg dog.

Here is Guv getting some post-surgery exercise. He loves to swim. Lydia is watching on. She hates to swim.

Ya he's starting to blow his coat which means I'm going to be brushing a 40kg dog who is deathly afraid of the blow out brush :rip:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm glad it's not just my ball that's getting scratched up like crazy on my Dyson Animal.

Oh that's just fur stuck on there from static

I wish I had the animal dyson, we bought that when we were planning on getting a non shedding doggo

• Locked thread