Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

My grandfather decided my first time shooting a shotgun should be a 12 gauge with some super high power buckshot. It knocked me off of the seat on the hunting platform on the back of the lifted toyota pickup he kept as a hunt camp vehicle. I nailed the loving target though, then picked myself up and went for round two. :clint:

Edit: Also, this weather can suck a dick. Way too hot this time of year, even for florida. Got my wheels in, directional tires mounted on the rims correctly at a really chill shop in clearwater and put them on the wagon. I still hosed up and put the first and last wheels on the wrong side of the vehicle by not paying enough attention. The wheels fit absolutely perfectly however and the tires are pretty decent for a brand bought with almost no reviews on tire rack. I plan on buying them again unless they somehow only last like 5000 miles (which is still almost a year of driving for me).

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Avacados are the devil.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

kastein posted:

If you guys aren't careful the steak crossfitters are going to find this thread.

Sauteed mushrooms in some sort of dark brown sauce (which I can't remember the ingredients for, sadly) are AMAZING with steak.

LTC-A ALP in hand. Can't wait to buy some guns :haw:

Brown sauce with mushroom, onions and salsbury steak owns hard.

Also, rare steak, yes to all meats and neither pie. :colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Keep a lid on your pan and don't overcook when cooking chicken breats. It makes a world of difference.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Ephphatha posted:

Is Torque Pro still the recommended Android OBDII app? I ordered a cheap chinese EM327 transceiver on a whim and it seems to work fine, tested it with Torque Lite and I got seemingly accurate output of the sensors I bothered looking at. I've got $13 in google fun bucks saved up if there's another app that's considered the new hotness.

I like dash commander more. Better interface.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Batman returns. The penguin scared me so bad I left halfway through the movie in tears. I was like 5. Still won't watch it. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

A basic ER admission.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, but you're at worse than florida levels right now. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Umm not even close, none of that poo poo going on around here I don't know what part of FL you're in.

Thats what I mean. Even florida for all its faults doesn't have the KKK marching down the streets of tampa/miami/jacksonville/tallahassee.

Coredump posted:

Don't act like Florida doesn't have its own backwards redneck apocalypse hell hole.

We do, I live in one of the more well known ones. Still no loving KKK marches. :colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

KakerMix posted:

I'm got a kinda dumb question, what's the procedure for getting parts from a junkyard typically? There is a junked sc300 up in Tampa that has three parts that I need, maybe more. Window trim, the center arm rest bit and the pair of rear exhaust brackets that hold up the exhaust. I've never actually bought anything from a yard before so I'm completely ignorant in generally how it works.

If its an lkq yard down there, call first. Also, never buy an engine from one of those lkq yards. Ever.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Is there a story here? I've helped three different people pull motors from LKQ and they've had no issues with them. HALF PRICE DAY!

A combo of pissed off customers who got junk motors and an rear end in a top hat office drone who jumped on me for relaying the story to someone else.

One dude had a LS1 pulled by them. The cylinder wall in one of the cylinders had a hole in it and was cracked top to bottom. They sold it as a good motor, told the guy to piss off when he brought it back to complain.

Another time an older lady bought a northstar they claimed to have verified was working properly. It had a vvt accuator that was broken on half. They refused to do anything about it or return it. That solenoid was over $400.

3rd guy got a used 5.7 hemi and had a shop redo the gaskets in it and swap it for his blown motor. Both heads were warped from lkq. Guess what lkqs response was? If you guessed "Get hosed", YOU'RE RIGHT!

While I was relaying the second story to a coworker a day or two later, an lkq office drone was in buying poo poo for his boat. After I said I'd never buy a motor from there or source one for a customer from there or anything else if I can avoid it, he lit into me about how its not their fault that they can't check every little sensor issue. He promptly was informed that this was a 2" diameter chunk of metal AND WAS SHEARED IN loving HALF, and had it been tested like they claimed, they would have known there was an issue. So in short, they'll lie to your face about the condition of the motor, then tell you that you're out of luck when it turns out its poo poo, despite offering a "warranty". In 2 years I've sourced a single part from them, and that was only because the customer was a personal friend in desperate need and it was from the crystal river location.

gently caress the non u-pull lkq yards in the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater areas. The U-Pull ones seem to be decent about honoring their offered warranty if the part turns out to be scrap.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 10, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I dunno, like I said, never heard a bad word about the u-pull lkq yards down there. Just the they pull yards. But that said, still would rather walk across hot broken glass than buy an engine through them for myself or a customer unless they sold it to me at a price where it could go to a machine shop first for a full rebuild. I hold a grudge like nobody else I know. :colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The state police here are refered to as "highway patrol" or "those loving assholes". Both are equally appropriate.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

black with old-white-people-skin accent color

nice

Eh, bad picture. Its really a nice dark gold color. Its a pretty color scheme, too bad 90% of state troopers I've met at unbelively assholish.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/05/touring-evolution-the-volk-racing-te37/

Some history about one of probably the most iconic and knocked off sets of aftermarket wheels in modern history. They really are pretty.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The samba will also apparently ban you for doing things such as not using all new old stock official vw components that cost a months pay and require shipping from a shack in brazil. Like they did to MGS a while back. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Because on the floor is a terrible place. The dining room table has ample lighting, room and climate controled conditions. The perfect place for projects, I think you'll agree.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

An LED headlight in a standard halogen housing will throw jack poo poo for light downroad. Just get decent bulbs.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Ooof, the dog just punched me in the balls. How does she always manage to do that when we're rough housing. :gonk:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The Door Frame posted:

It's basically everyone at every store since they get paid like poo poo

A district manager was having to defend to the regional manager why he authorized a driver to be hired $0.90 above minimum wage. Every raise I've recieved has been a required part of my promotion or had to be submitted and rejected twice for being too high, then broken into 3 parts and submitted piecemeal. The company posted record profits all 4 quarters of 2016. Lol, retail.

quote:

on top of having no real training or experience with cars.

Most people I've met are as knowledgable as anyone in AI. Most just don't give a gently caress about what you want or aren't trained in anything more than basic use of the computer catalogs and never trained on the paper catalogs. Half of why my stores retail side is as strong as it is is because I drill the training of every way to find parts into people's heads. And stay on people to use it.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 22, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'd rock that yard. And Lilo and Stitch is the best disney movie, fite me nerds. :colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Was right in the middle of changing a customers headlight when some shitbird in a bro truck pulled in next to him and let rip with his train horn. loving summary execution should be legal for people like that. Just yank them out of the truck, put them on their knees and dispense .45 justice to the back of his head.

Edit: Feel better now. More rednecks came in and tried warrantying out factory gm rotors and carquest pads. Calling him out in front of his 3 friends as they laugh at him for getting busted followed by him coughing up $130 for new poo poo was fairly cathartic.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 26, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Of more risk was me injuring myself or damaging the customer's vehicle that I was working on. About 2 minutes before I was considering using the shop knife on the cart to trim back the cover making the light a bitch to get back in. In the end, nothing was broken and nobody hurt, but I still went and hid in the back before I got a call to corporate on me for telling him his part wasn't here (it was) and I'd start looking for it when my ears stopped ringing (they weren't). I'd probably find in about a week or so. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Summary execution may be carried out by any citizen of good legal and moral standing. A notarized copy of the Dispersal of Justice form must be filed by end of the next buisiness day with the local law enforcement agency with name of the accused, any government issued ID in possession the accused at that time and a list of crimes. Failure to do so may result in fines and/or incarceration.

Why yes, I have been reading alot of WH40K novels lately. It may be affecting my thinking.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Our local HOA decided that all houses in our community had to have painted driveways so they could be easily pressure washed a little over 2 years ago. Nobody did it and just lodged complaints instead. Seemed to work for getting them to gently caress off. My driveway is sloped at a 15-20 degree angle, so that would have been fun parking on during a good rain storm.

I say haphazardly attach boards to the shed and house until they agree it is no longer a free standing structure.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 27, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

People from up north coming down here and buying them up, plus every banjo playing fuckhead cousinlover wanting a truck makes for stupid prices. About once a week I get some idiot who overpayed for a shitheap truck/van with 150k+ fixing it up just enough to drive north. Cue them being pissed I don't have every part they need on hand or them not wanting to pay what the part costs because they blew all their money thinking it would have no problems. I think I'd rather deal with salted roads. :argh:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 28, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I was diagnosed with the same sadbrains stuff as a kid and its continued into adulthood. Somehow, the parts store life works for my broken brain. A constant stream of different challenges, puzzles and issues is like loving catnip to me and probably what makes me not be burnt out after a year and a half of full time. Outside of the standard soul crushing bullshit that is retail of course. It still fucks with me and I have to force myself into my closing or opening routine at a certain time and double check everything important. All doors have to be jarred back and forth to make sure they are locked, I have to put my right foot down on the safe handle to verify its locked and I have to sit and run through my checklist every night. Basically, I just have to double check all my routine daily tasks, then I can let my brain run wild on random odd jobs (like redoing store layouts, etc) or tracking down oddball parts. I figured out a while back that I'd never be able to hold down a standard cubicle type job without medication that makes me feel alien in my own skin, so I went with whatever I could get and lucked out.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

^^^
Dude, its springtime in dfw. Just assume you'll be killed by a tornado or stoned to death by hail stones and sleep through it. Its why I did. :colbert:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm trying to reconcile that comment and failing

Edit : I've lost 3kgs inthe last two days and now I cant loving fart. gently caress YOU STOMACH

Its ok, we know the real rhyno, not the mask of customer service that he wore. :v:

Also, my annual review was met with flying colors and a maximum raise was issued. All 3% of it. Lol, retail.

Edit: I also found a road that is somewhat fun to cruise down. Too bad its like a 30-45 minute drive to get there and its only 10 miles long. It does put me 10 minutes away from another good road though.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

You guys should try living in the present some.

I took my mom and her man out to the local microbrew place, grabbed bbq from the food truck in their lot and watched doggoes playing on the outside patio area. A good break from the grind. Still probably be better if I saved it, but gently caress it.

• Locked thread