Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Autumn has started in the correct hemisphere on this planet

Let's celebrate by doing some mad burnouts and doughies in a Holden van

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrshQh2QbfE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

AVOCADO?????

EWWWWWWWW

Honestly, gently caress this current BS about avocado on everything. The sandwich bar near me puts it on everything, sushi is infested with it, bloody pizzas have it now. NO. gently caress aavocado

This man has the correct opinion on avocado. Even the texture of it is awful.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

PSA (Peugeot/Citroen) have agreed to purchase Opel/Vauxhall from GM for 2.2billion Euros:

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/psa-confirms-eu22bn-deal-buy-opelvauxhall

I guess this screws Holden in Australia, as they are depending on the new Opel Insignia to replace the Aussie built Commodore when production shuts down in October.

PSA also purchased Chrysler's Euro division in the late 70s.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

John Surtees, the only person who has won a world championship in both a Formula One car and 500cc bike, has passed away at the age of 83.

Shows how tough they were racing open wheelers in the 60s:

quote:

On 25 September 1965, Surtees had a life-threatening accident at the Mosport Circuit (Ontario, Canada) whilst practising a Lola T70 sports racing car. A front upright casting had broken. A.J. Baime in his book Go Like Hell says Surtees came out of the crash with one side of his body four inches shorter than the other. Doctors set most of the breaks nonsurgically, in part by physically stretching his shattered body until the right-left discrepancy was under an inch – and there it stayed.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh hullo Melbourne. I see your traffic sucks as per usual.
Yes, but it's a well designed chaos, unlike Sydney's road setup.

Where are you hiding?

Yesterday was poo poo for me, found out that my dad will be kicked out of his fourth nursing home due to his Alzheimers making him aggressive, both verbally and physically, and he keeps hurting the nurses. Also a co worker of mine who was diagnosed with a brain tumour in late 2015, but seemed to recover from the operations, is now in his last days as the doctors have found the tumour had spread into his body.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Given I cycle rather than drive in Sydney, I dont notice :D

St Albans in between on site work around Deer Park / Laverton. Yes, St Albans is as lovely as I have been told :)

At the Melb DC right now. Fuuuuuuck the traffic.

lol loving Sn-Orbs. That's a real poo poo joint. You poor bastard.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I got second outright in my class in RC racing in the state titles today :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BraveUlysses posted:

I'm not talking about a "car collector" with 12 cars, this is the example about half a mile from my place. i'm not in an HOA area but this guy is about a block outside of one. I'm sure his neighbors love him.

Zillow zestimate for that house is over 425k btw :laffo:

At least the lawn and garden is tidy. I hate it when the grass is like 3 feet tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

QuarkMartial posted:

I want the Cadillac and the F250 something fierce.

Hot Rod Garage is doing a similar thing with an old F-100 and a Crown Victoria

• Locked thread