Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
well lost another save game in DS2 due to computer freezing

gently caress this poo poo i'm done with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I have zero reason for it but now that AR15s are cheap as gently caress again, I find myself wanting a piston-driven one.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Thanks. Yeah not worried too much about him, I would be kinda shocked if they started busting people with medical conditions. It's the recreational users that need to worry more I would think.

lol, just lol

republicans have and always will continue to be retards about this issue.

just make sure you dont have a concealed carry permit and go try to get a weed card. the feds cross check the lists.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

InitialDave posted:

I'd love to know the logic on this.

:bahgawd: "What's the point of letting people have guns if they're too stoned to want to shoot anyone?"

Cause the form asks that you are not addicted to illegal drugs. Addicted to weed? Lol

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

jamal posted:

I like how there are only 202 people in the "I hate avocado" facebook group that CT just joined.

If you try hard enough, you can find people who agree with you about anything on the internet.

there's probably more otakukin on there internet than people who joined avocado hate groups on facebook.

just think about that for a bit.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Considering we're doing food chat. Steak. And putting sauce on said steak. Personally I feel anyone who wants a steak anything over medium rare is a child. Anyone who puts sauce on a steak is a monster.

i'm going to cut you off right here before you summon pcos bill to this thread

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Coredump posted:

In my experience I've noticed that people's preference for how done their steak seems to follow similar lines of people who prefer white meat chicken vs. dark meat chicken and sweet potato pie vs pumpkin pie.

what if you like light and dark chicken meat? :colbert:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

If I woke up tomorrow with the power of Superman the first thing I would do is wipe out the world's avacado crop.

Not because I dislike them, but because people become turbo assholes every time the topic comes up.

You know the turbo assholes are the ones who freak out when the discussion starts and join facebook support groups for the babbylike food dislike disorders

Liquid Communism posted:

Buying white meat chicken is such a waste, though. It's got approximately no flavor, and dries out if you look at it wrong.

Bonless thighs forever.

I'd never buy boneless skinless chicken breasts by themselves, buy a whole chicken and cut it up and use for different stuff. chicken breasts are great for stir frys and grilled (as long as you dont overcook them, which a lot of people do).

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
what the gently caress is a camero

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

And PCOS Bill only now has his first ban? Surprising.

gently caress yeah

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I'm having a rotten goddamned day so I cooked MEAT

sear it hotter next time. less gray more brown.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

Just went to a condo open house. Nothing fancy, just a small little place close to home. Nothing seemed bad about it, and the price is certainly right. It would cost less to buy it than rent similar apartments in the area. Now I have to see if banks will give me money. :ohdear:

Condos are bad, just keep paying rent.

You have all the financial exposure from the facilities and none of the benefits of owning a house.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I get it if you feel like rent is throwing your money away but don't kid yourself owning property is always more expensive than renting.

You can't 'always sell it' unless you own it outright. You can't sell it as easily as you can break a lease. You have to share communal property costs that aren't covered by insurance.

Condos are the worst option for ownership. IDK where you live but they can also be really, comically expensive for what amounts to an apartment.

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 4, 2017

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

With a 15 year mortgage and the hoa fee I'll be paying $550 per month heat included. I might be able to find a studio apartment for that much, but not a 2 bedroom like this is.

I will definitely own it, it isn't leased or rented.

including homeowners insurance? including mortgage insurance (PMI)? Property taxes?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
that's good news but too bad they only build lovely suvs there now

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

InitialDave posted:

ITT:
"You shouldn't treat [things] as an asset as they can potentially cost you a hell of a more money than you've invested, and you probably can't sell them if things go south"

*Gets married and has kids*

It's worth mentioning that "renting is not an option" but somehow buying a condo is.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Somehow I managed to see Poltergeist when i was like 5 or 6? nightmares for years

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

redgubbinz posted:

My favorite was Chaffetz telling the country to choose between healthcare and a shiny new phone. In a sane country, that would net a politician a (metaphorical) guillotine, but I wonder how much healthcare $800 would buy you? Do they show you a picture of an ambulance and give you a tylenol?

It's also insane to assume that poors are buying 800 dollar phones instead of a used one.

from the shitlords who unironically brought you

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

scrubs season six posted:

We'll get universal healthcare soon enough. Right now the lower middle class and middle class hate the idea because it means lazy poors will get coverage for free/cheaper than them, but as the middle class continues to get destroyed more and more people will move into the poors category and then we'll get universal healthcare and/or full on class war.

lol if you think the upcoming class war will result in solidarity between working and poor classes.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
another case of counterprotesting is less effective than just letting the lovely kkk have their stupid rally

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Dagen H posted:

Can you explain the difference between open-carry and "brandishing"?

he's full of bad opinions, don't bother asking for more

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

KNEW

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

scuz posted:

Nothing like a morning call from your credit card company reminding you very politely that you missed a payment due 9 days ago! :smith: The mood is slammed further into the ground when you receive a letter from a credit counselor service that has a line that looks like this:

My finances are not a loving joke, Lutheran Social Services. I mean, kinda, in a way, they are, but it's a very serious joke about a very sad man.

make a new thread in bfc

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

scuz posted:

Friend of mine called them "the feds" until I corrected him so now he calls em "little feds." :shrug:

:smith: fine. Better to be embarrassed/shamed on the internet instead of in debtor's jail.

if you don't use YNAB for your spending you might try using a spreadsheet for forecasting your income and known expenses (with due dates) so that this kind of thing doesn't sneak up on you. i own YNAB and just can't deal with the tedium of tracking where every single penny goes but forecasting has worked well for me.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
black with old-white-people-skin accent color

nice

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Seminal Flu posted:

Building chat -- is there a tangible benefit from going to a dedicated lumber yard for 2x4s instead of just picking up some sticks at Home Depot?

Even up here in the land of trees, I find a lot of the lumber at lowes and HD isn't particularly good. Generally I order from a lumber chain that charges a flat 20 dollar fee for delivery which is a no brainer compared to renting a truck.

Sinestro posted:

loving Logan just lost me my best friend I think

he hates me and will probably never talk to me again

how the gently caress was I supposed to know that Professor Xavier was going to make him upset because it reminded him of his grandfather? he was the one who said he was spoiled on the flim and we both knew nothing

what the gently caress does that have anything to do with me not liking the movie? like he sent me a text about not wanting me to make fun of it when we were on the way out and he was staying behind but loving surprise I turned my phone off in a goddamn loving movie theater

I'm having a panic attack but I already took more of my Xanax than I'm supposed to and I don't want to actually die over this (very much)

you need better friends

Liquid Communism posted:

YNAB went to a subscription service this year. :(

that's YNAB+, i have the old version from steam. isn't that still available?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

DJ Commie posted:

I agree, I usually go to the local little lumberyards, they have better lumber at a fair price and any HD grade garbage they have is cheaper that the Despot itself.

Work in a real material: Unistrut

speaking of unistrut, where's the cheapest place to buy this stuff? i want to make some shelving to hang from my garage ceiling

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
efb

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Darchangel posted:

So, my wife is taking a photography course as an elective at college, and has decided she'd like a nice camera. She's using the school's Canon EOS Rebel, T5, I think, may be T4.
She's looking at various kits and deals online.

I know you guys have answered before, but I didn't pay attention, because I had no clue she was going to get the bug. Good, reasonably cheap starter DSLR, and recommended lenses. I know there was a fairly cheap long lense you guys favored, as I recall.
She seems to like the Rebel and has been focusing (heh) on it.

Any great deals out there? Anyone got a good used one they want to offload?
Wanting a camera actually got her starting the taxes this morning...

i've got an older minolta 5D dslr i've been meaning to sell, comes with one or two lenses and i'll let it go cheap.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i bet a good detailer could fix it up. avoid insurance though.

happy friday!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

At least your possession ruiners are cute kids that can learn from this. My rear end in a top hat cat wrecks poo poo and don't give a gently caress.

and the irony of that is, you can actually get rid of your lovely cat pretty easy

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

I tried going to the gym after 40 cent wing night, holy cow what a mistake.

dont skip leg day do skip wing day

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

funny Star Wars parody posted:

That's a good dog

I found an old pic from his weekly light brush

Huskies are fluffy

i take my doggo to a park and do that and let it become tumblefur

weight chat: i'm at about 210ish right now, 33in waist and 6'4" but need to get to 32 waist and 200 seems like a good goal.

i think i'm going to try to do a half marathon in october so i need to start upping my mileage on runs. i usually do about 3.5 to 4 miles for workouts.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
park it on your front lawn like a true car hoarder

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
It really depends on where you live and can vary wildly in how restrictive the rules are/arent.

Everyone thinks they're terrible right until you have a fuckface neighbor who has 9-12 cars on their front lawn and there's no recourse to get them to live like a normal human.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CornHolio posted:

There is a neighborhood not far from here that doesn't allow its residents to own a pickup truck. Any pickup truck. A buddy of mine got a real nice truck for cheap because somebody moved there and had to get rid of it.

Though, I'd say, if 9-12 cars makes you happy, you can have them. Hell, you're probably pretty cool to talk to.

I'm not talking about a "car collector" with 12 cars, this is the example about half a mile from my place. i'm not in an HOA area but this guy is about a block outside of one. I'm sure his neighbors love him.

Zillow zestimate for that house is over 425k btw :laffo:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Ehh i dunno maybe my perception is different cause it's not a fleet of a few cars that are daily driven, it's more like a small junkyard.

i'll snap a pic sometime soon and see if the RV that he parks on the front lawn is there.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slurry_curry posted:

everett.jpg

I have some friends who just bought a house in Marysville in a newer development(small lot) for around $500k, which is just insane.

I can't believe what my house is *worth* in ballard, but at least then I am in the city. No plans on selling this house anytime soon(its my childhood home, my step dad bought it in the 70's, and I bought it from him ~1.5 years ago), but at least I am not upside down on it. Currently in the middle of a remodel, so we keep finding more stuff that needs doing(knob and tube wiring is fun!), but we are doing it right. Hopefully the plumbers will be able to put my toilet back and turn the water back on soon....

hah no way I escaped everett over 5 years ago

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
auto pay to your credit card, collect those reward points or cashback, pay it off every single month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

angryrobots posted:

I mean sure, but you don't have to use auto pay. It's still a potential headache. I don't mind paying bills as they come in.

Speaking of credit card rewards, what are you guys using? I was on a 1% rewards Capital One for years, cashing the points in for fuel cards, but just switched to a Capital One Quicksilver cause it's 1.5% cash back.

I have a 1% cash back American Express for backup. Neither card charges an annual fee, and I pay them off every month.

costco card, pretty good since i have good access to a few locations for most of my gas fill ups.

• Locked thread