Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Is there a used car buying thread for sanity checks on craigslist ads? I'm looking at a Honda Element. I'm pretty set on getting a Honda Element of some sort but would appreciate a sanity check on this particular, questions to ask the seller I might not think of, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

In my experience I've noticed that people's preference for how done their steak seems to follow similar lines of people who prefer white meat chicken vs. dark meat chicken and sweet potato pie vs pumpkin pie.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

drat both of you destroyed my hypothesis. In my experience people who like dark meat like well done steak and sweet potato pie. And then people who like rare/medium rare steak prefer white meat chicken and pumpkin pie.

Me: Medium steak, white meat, sweet potato pie. But really I'm fat bastard and will eat white/dark meat and yes pie.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Recently set up some video cameras after someone walked off with my pop's chainsaw. Still getting the alerts and sensitivity down when what do I see? Oh the city code inspector cruising through the neighborhood. Dad keeps the yards of the house looking like a poo poo heap and has for years. I do what I can to help but he won't get rid of poo poo at the rate necessary to clean the place up and he fights me on when I try to do things to clean the place up.

I'm pretty sure he's going to be getting a letter from the city soon and its not going to be good. gently caress.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Doug DeMuro is fine.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

But its cold.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Don't act like Florida doesn't have its own backwards redneck apocalypse hell hole.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Florida is an easy target I guess, low hanging fruit.

Well Florida Man is a thing.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

They're not perfect but anyone who doesn't have security cameras up should look at the Arlo Pro. Completely wireless cameras, got mine setup in an hour and I get alerts on my phone when they sense motion.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

cakesmith handyman posted:

I just looked these up and a set is nearly a grand. Anyone have suggestions for a setup with mixed wired and wireless cameras? I'm happy to install myself.

I got a set of two and the base station for $420. Flir by Lorex got some wireless cams and a dvr that's more traditional and pretty well regarded. We have a home automation and security thread somewhere around here.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Fermented Tinal posted:

My security system is a woman in her late 80s that lives next door to me and has a composition notebook for each house on the street with drat detailed records of our comings and goings. She's called the cops on theives a couple of times.

She's that neighbour.

E: Once a few months ago she called my boss to relay a message to me about a pile of ice at the end of the driveway and that I shouldn't just take a run at it like I normally do with plowbanks. I then came home to find out she'd spent two hours trying to remove the ice until other neighbours saw her and my entire driveway was shovelled and cleared.

My dad is starting to become that neighbor. He's only 66 but he already fills me in on the comings and goings of the next door neighbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Seminal Flu posted:

Building chat -- is there a tangible benefit from going to a dedicated lumber yard for 2x4s instead of just picking up some sticks at Home Depot?

Better lumber. You really have to pick thru the Home Depot stuff to find boards that aren't twisted and full of knots.

• Locked thread