Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If he leaves it overnight the best option is to wake him up by tossing it onto his sleeping body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All unemployed goons should move to Valentine Nebraska.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

All unemployed goons should head to Detroit because we can't fill IT jobs nearly as fast as we need em

that's because everybody who goes to Detroit gets dead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I've been here like 9 years and I am unfortunately still alive

bro you're the whitest person i know clearly you are a ghost.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
At least your possession ruiners are cute kids that can learn from this. My rear end in a top hat cat wrecks poo poo and don't give a gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

You can't have it, you'll wash it with rocks.

LoL.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The gal in the Toyota ads is super hot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So somebody tried to steal that Civic I ruined rebuilt.

Too bad there was no battery in it rear end in a top hat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hated the live action Beauty and the Beast.

Carry on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enourmo posted:

Mam I know I'm fat, but apparently "medically normal" weight for someone my 6'5" height is 150 to 200lb? I'm pretty sure I'd look like a stick figure at that weight.

I'm 5'8" and currently hovering around 200lbs and the Doc said I'm 30lbs overweight,

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My little brother is 5'7" and like 140lbs. He's horrifyingly skinny but he's totally healthy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm back on the fitness wagon having completely changed my diet, cut all sugars and hit the elliptical as often as I can. Hell I'd be on it right now if any of my workout gear wasn't sopping wet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I've been trying to gain weight, loving crohns disease would wither me away if I let it :(

Uh huh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did Emma Watson actually sing her own parts? Because they were painfully autotuned.

The more I dwell on it the more I disliked the film.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm feeling really good today.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I found a walmart gift card in my glovebox that had a $47 balance on it (i have no idea where it came from) so i went and picked up a Gold's Gym incline bench. Did a few basic workouts on it and I clearly need more than a simple bench so it's getting packed up and returned tomorrow. I have $150 in Amazon GCs from Christmas still so I'm gonna just buy a full bench set that has decent reviews.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geoj posted:

If you or someone you know has a Costco membership they just rolled out a really nice bench with the summer seasonal stuff for $60, might be worth checking out.

Ooooh, didn't even think of checking there!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I bought a house in an HOA neighbourhood but it's $25/YEAR and the hardest rule is "no big sheds in your back yard"

But 5 or 6 little sheds would be fine right

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My mom's HOA is a bunch of dicks. I went over to do an oil change in one of their cars and just as I was buttoning things up somebody showed up to tell me that all auto work has to be done in the garage with the door shut.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

So if you're checking transmission fluid or setting timing or tuning a carb you're expected to run the engine in an enclosed space? Sounds like they're on the hook for any carbon monoxide asphyxiation in that case. :v:

I'm kidding and not yet a homeowner and too poor to buy into an HOA neighborhood but...tell them to gently caress off? Especially if you're done with whatever work you're doing.

WHen I lived there 15 years ago I was a rotten poo poo and it my antics caused my parents to get plenty of complaints. So these days I don't want to make her life hard.

But as soon as she sells that house I will have my revenge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't there an entire season of WD that didn't even feature Edd?

And wasn't it the most poorly received?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I have no idea how anyone watches that crap to begin with.

The repair parts are fun!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KozmoNaut posted:

After I sent back the X220 with the broken screen (such a goddamn shame), I ordered a slightly less expensive T420 from a different site. It just arrived today, and it's pretty good.

Sure, there is a tiny bit of wear and tear, I had to shim the keyboard to keep it from flexing (known issue for pre-chiclet Thinkpad keyboards) and the hinge is only like 95% tight (after 5-6 years of use, mind). But it cost less than a decent Chromebook, it still does a solid 5+ hours on the battery and it runs Linux Mint flawlessly.

I'm probably never going to buy a new laptop ever again, unless I win the lottery or something.

I'm all about cheap poo poo these days. Refurbed computers, chinese cell phones etc. Any vehicle I buy from here on out is gonna be cheap as hell unless I win a scratch off ticket.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm hitting this point in some regards. It helps that "cheap" is hitting the "good enough" tier. My Nexus 6 is closing in on being a three-year-old design, but the only real problems I have with it are due to aging of the battery. Part of me wants a Pixel XL (or whatever replaces it soon) but part of me would rather spend half as much for something that is as close as possible to a newer version of the Nexus 6.

I grabbed one of those $50 BLU phones and it's pretty great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raluek posted:

Aren't those the ones that periodically call home to China with your usage data? :chloe:

They fixed that before I bought it but yeah, they were.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a Nexus 5X sitting here that I haven't used in months. I dropped it and while it didn't break I became incredibly paranoid that I would break it which is why I went to a chinesium phone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
FITNEESSSSSS

I've lost 7 pounds over the last 3 weeks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Paid off another credit card today. Debt free is sooooooooooooooooo close.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love working retail and everyone I know thinks I am nuts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I HAVE PEOPLE SKILLS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
rdb if you need anything just ask, we might all squabble but we're here is you need.

I'm on day 21 of exercising every day and eating healthy and I'm down 7lbs. Making actual progress is very satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Watching MightyCarMods and I want a Kei car again!

• Locked thread