Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keykey
Mar 28, 2003

*Flicks cigarette at you*

edit:

Have a super neat music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-70tIug-aQ8

keykey fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

Chicago No Fun Zone,

California is an all no fun zone. Those of us in the middle have to get creative.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

fridge corn posted:

im not a steak snob and i don't mind sauce on a steak

This exactly. Nobody should be a steak snob for any reason, it's all personal preference. My personal preference is tastiness in any steak configuration.

Liquid Communism posted:

Alton Brown introduced me to throwing a steak onto clean hardwood charcoal coals directly. My God, if you like a seared but still rare steak it is great.

My friend did this a while back and my god, it was amazing. I think he just lightly salted and peppered it then squeezed some lemon over the top after it was off.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

My mom and aunt took my cousins and me to see Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan when we were 5. That was a terrible idea.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

Counterfeit everything these days.

This, because of the warranty factor, is why I use O'Reilly/Auto Zone.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Jesus tittyfucking Christ, Sallie Mae. Choke to death on a dick.

I forgot about a payment. Big whoop, it happens. Made the payment online 2 days ago. It cleared my bank today.

Just do yourself a favor and do auto debit. I've done that from day 1 and don't have to think about poo poo other than how loving expensive school is.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

$11.17/hr. But the trainers work at $25/hr

Out of curiosity, what is minimum wage in your state?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

so about a month's or more worth of weekends are ruined. Yay?

But.. But.. There's priiiiiiiide of ownerrrrrrshiiiiiip, right? I hire that poo poo out, I loving hate yard work.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Would have cost me over 7k to have the fence done. I got all the materials for under 3k. It sucks yeah, but it's a no brainer unless you have disposeable income which i don't.

Gonna price out having the sprinkler system put in because I really don't want to do it.

Absolutely with you on the fence thing, I built a new fence when I moved into my place in 2003. The previous fence was 5' tall and leaning so I replaced the whole thing and added an extra 2' at the bottom in the form of 1"x1'x12' redwood boards, because gently caress neighbors. I just hate weekly yard work or anything associated with grass really.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

CornHolio posted:

Does that engine cover say V12?

I want the leather sunroof in the advertisement.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I was pretty sure winter was finished here too, but then it started raining again.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Dang, I had to reach dowwwwwn, between my leeeeegs.. Ease the seat baaaack.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Or I just could not buy an HOA house

Good choice, I also value my sanity.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

rdb posted:

Living in the present, let's see... my 15 month old son died a month ago and it still feels like I stood in front of a cannon, my employment contract expires tomorrow so I will be officially unemployed, car was in an accident and still not fixed so my wife and I only have one vehicle, and I had been riding my motorcycle but the rear tire corded and the tire changer/balancer I ordered a month ago hasn't come in.

Oddly enough I do have money but for all the wrong reasons. Retention bonuses and life insurance. Would give it all back in a second just to hug my kid :(

I'm done won't bitch again.

Every time I think," Welp, that was the worst thing I've ever read on the internet." I read something like this and feel an extra layer of lovely. I too would like to offer my condolences. I've been close to that once with my daughter and being hospitalized because of illness, but she made it. I couldn't even fathom what you're feeling.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'm on day 21 of exercising every day and eating healthy and I'm down 7lbs. Making actual progress is very satisfying.

Right on! I've been working on the same thing recently. The last time I went to the Dr for a checkup, he said that I have high blood pressure and to monitor it. So rather than monitor, I decided to get proactive and try to lose some weight off my fat rear end. I've been working on it for 3 months so far and I started at 240, now I'm down to around 215. I have another appt in the upcoming weeks so I get to see if my efforts pay off. If not, on to drugs.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

$800/year in emissions tax

What kind of fuckery is this?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Enourmo posted:

Now if I could just motivate myself to do work while I'm already swimming in serotonin...

That's a whole different drug called intrinsic motivation.

• Locked thread