Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
March Book of the Month :

Les Chants de Maldoror by Comte de Lautréamont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

Not strictly related, but one of my weird "things" is not having gravy with a roast dinner. I like the combination of different flavours and textures, and never understand why people want to mask that with sticking gravy over the whole affair.

This is because roast dinners are bland as hell

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

what about avocado and smoked salmon on a bagel

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

im not a steak snob and i don't mind sauce on a steak

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

sirnollem posted:

Rare steak, dark meat, and pumpkin pie. How do I line up?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

i shave wirh a Gillette fusion blade that i change maybe once a year lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

u can be both

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

well idk about you :newlol:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

im buying a house that has no garage or even a drive lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You bought a shoebox in the middle the road in Yorkshire?

No, I'm a posho southerner. House has room for a drive or maybe even a small garage but the council would need to extend the road a bit first :mrgw:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the first film i remember seeing in the cinema was arachnophobia and it scared me shitless. i was like 4 years old. thanks mum

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BigPaddy posted:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Staines, Surrey when I was 6. I remember my Aunt getting lost trying to find the cinema after taking the train with 4 5/6 years olds.

was it as overrun with pikey children back then as it is today?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

nm posted:

I've been reading all your posts in a thick Yorkshire accent and now you're ruined it. With a posh accent, you just sound like a douche.

You've confused me with a5h

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

i once had a nightmare where I went down into the basement and the whole place was flooded and the shark from jaws was there and also a raptor from jurassic park and also the terminator and the whole place was on fire like in the film backdraft

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

man loads of posts itt, i was expecting a meltdown but... 😔

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Don't even look at a Trooper, they're nowhere near as reliable as anything else you listed. You know the CRV decently (and a 2000 will still be the B20 you're used to), the LS400 is a tank.

On the Crown Vic, look for weeping coolant around the thermostat housing, and check the ECU for lean codes (and if possible, look at the fuel trims). I don't know if they'd fixed the intake manifold issues by then, but the intake is prone to cracking on the mod motors. When it cracks you get coolant seepage and start getting lean codes (and some crazy fuel trims). Dorman makes a good replacement manifold that addresses all of those issues.

Personally, I'd probably go for the Vic, simply because the domestic depreciation curve means you get a much newer car for the same money. And if you're looking at former law enforcement cars, if you can find out the history, a detective or highway patrol car will be the best bet.

Goddamnit. No wonder I couldn't get any hours before 6pm today.

2006 model year, June 2005 build date. Ecotec 2.2 (L61), specifically in the Saturn Ion, though I don't think that makes much of a difference - I think all of the L61 engines for that model year were the same except for the version in the HHR (which added flex fuel capability, but AFAIK that's just an ethanol sensor in the tank and a different tune, and probably some fuel system parts to handle the extra corrosiveness of E85).

I'm pretty sure it has NTK or Denso on it. The Boschs I've seen looked a bit different, anyway (seemed like they had a thicker body).. Still runs great at nearly 170k, still gets close to advertised mileage even when driven in anger.

What those shitlords fail to include is that in most states, a home is not considered inhabitable without a working refrigerator. Or kitchen sink. Or hot water.

I'm a poor if you go by my net income after all the deductions I took, and I own 2 fridges.. plus the one that came with the apartment. Granted, one of those is my old dorm fridge, and another is a broken one I found in a dumpster that I fixed (thermostat was bad). Meant to sell it, never got around to it. Been sitting a few years now, but I plugged it in last year and it still worked fine. My old dorm fridge is basically a snack fridge next to my desk at this point, until I can find someone stupid enough to buy it sell it

Anyone in DFW need a mini fridge? :v:

Don't worry, it's been awhile since I had one.. I'm overdue.

I don't read your posts

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

spog posted:

Another one??

It's the quickest way to get out of indiana

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

everdave posted:

My wife decided for the first time in 8 years of being married to hand wash a car. The brand new Prius. With my 2 year old. With dishwashing liquid. With the abrasive dish washing sponges. And just let the 2 year old have free reign in the gravel driveway dropping and picking up the sponge (thus acquiring tiny rocks stuck to it).

I now have literally hundreds of through the paint scratches on our brand loving new car. FML. Oh and I am the rear end in a top hat for getting mad about it.

Lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

i voted for rascal

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

blk posted:

When I was in high school I was diagnosed with ADD but shrugged it off; I've been diagnosed again as an adult (now called inattentive-type ADHD; no hyperactivity) and I'm wondering how to treat it so I can hold my grip better at work. I've previously floundered in full time jobs but have done well with part time gigs; I'm currently working full time and am banging my head against the wall by lunch. Anyone else have this going on? What worked for you?

Im ADD and was diagnosed on school and spent nearly a decade taking Adderall and coming off it was the best thing I ever did cuz i finally felt like myself again

Anywho, try studying meditation techniques, I find it helps to control and slow my thought process down enough to concentrate on simple tasks. But other than that I find spending 5 minutes on my phone for every 20 minutes of actual work helps too

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cage posted:

:argh: The house I posted sold already.

House hunting is frustrating. Lots of patience and nothing and looking and nothing and then suddenly a good deal gets posted and its sold within 24-48 hours.

Is it sold or just under offer? If you make a good offer you just might gazump them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cage posted:

My realtor said they accepted a bid. It was priced low for the area and condition.

What happened with your offer?

It's moving along although slowly. We've got our official mortgage offer but I'm struggling at the minute getting builders to show up to give me quotes or even return my calls

Though I rang this dude yesterday who answered the phone immediately but told me he couldnt help me cuz he was in a real sticky situation and he couldn't even think straight and he sounded like he had been crying 😬

• Locked thread