Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I like how there are only 202 people in the "I hate avocado" facebook group that CT just joined.

If you try hard enough, you can find people who agree with you about anything on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I vaguely recall going to see bambi when I was really young,.

I was like 10-11 going to see Jurassic park, and they wouldn't sell us tickets because we weren't 13. We bought tickets to another movie and just went in anyway. I remember being nervous that someone was going to come in and pull us out of there. Also the raptors gave me nightmares for awhile.

I watched a lot of inappropriate movies when I was younger, because my grandparents lived a few blocks away, so my grandpa would take me to the rental store and I could get whatever I wanted. Jaws, Tremors, and Maximum Overdrive are a few that I REALLY should not have been allowed to watch at the time.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Speaking of the counterfeit fuel pump thing, I even put a note on my website for the walbro 255 that yes, this is a legitimate pump from a trusted distributor. If it costs under like $65 there's a good chance it's fake. The bosch 044s are all going to be over about $200 for a real one. It makes me wonder about the AEM "bosch pump." I wonder where these are coming from since they are so much cheaper

http://aemelectronics.com/products/fuel-delivery/high-flow-fuel-pumps/380lph-inline-high-flow-fuel-pump

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Sram has two buttons you push with your thumb. The benefit to this over the shimano trigger is that you don't have to take your finger off the brake to shift.

Sram's 11 speed uses a 10t smallest cog, 34x10 is like 38x11.

Pros ride it, they have more power than you, it's not going to break. Unless you're nm.

jamal fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 17, 2017

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

InitialDave posted:

As I said before, I'm more concerned with durability/wear than outright strength.

Some of the narrow-wide chainrings I hear wear out a little more quickly but for the most part it's not an issue. 11s cassette is wider so the gears and chains are only slightly thinner than 10 speed.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

scrubs season six posted:

Regular halogen headlights are garbage, aren't they? My last four cars have had either projectors or HIDs or LEDs and when I borrowed my bosses F-150 that had plain jane halogens I couldn't believe how dim they were. It didn't even really feel safe. It seems like late model Ford halogens are maybe shittier than most based on the complaints I've seen though, maybe to try and get people to upgrade to the higher trims.

Pretty much, although clean and clear lenses, good bulbs, and proper aim go a long way. Meguiar's plasticx works really well for something you just rub on with a towel. After clearing the lenses, putting in sylvania xtravisions, and getting them pointed the right way I find the lights on my 98 Subaru acceptable. But an HID projector just puts out way more light in a much better pattern; it's something like 3x the light compared to a 55w halogen. Newer halogen projectors are pretty decent though. My mom's new forester just has halogens and they work very well.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

The worst clutch i ever changed was on some high school kid's 350z, with like 30k miles. I put it in 1st, let out the clutch, and the car just barely inched forward. Somehow, he had driven it to the shop.

In hindsight i really should have given him a quick driving lesson when he picked it up.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I do a lot of bike riding and racing, so being a few pounds lighter does make a difference going up those hills. I'm about 6'2, and before I got into it I was creeping up on 215, and that was definitely getting chubby. Now I'm generally in the 175 range, but would like to be 165 or less once mtb race season gets going.

Of course, if I drank less beer it would be easier, but that would take out a lot of the fun of riding bikes.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Actually it is - Basic law of thermodynamics cant be beaten. If you dont eat the calories, you WILL lose them. The complex bit is how your body sets it's base metabolism rate and working out how much food to intake to enable weight loss and also what food works best for you - but even then just eating decent food and not sugar loaded crap goes a looooong way in getting the calorie intake right.

There's really no need to overthink it even if the complex systems are difficult to understand. Eat less than what you burn. Eat food that hasnt been heavily processed. Strength training / HIIT steps your metabolism up so it burns more. ANY exercise helps. Oh and drop the soft drinks, drink water. Water is gooooood.

If you eat 3000 calories of sugar every day it's not going to work out the same as eating, say 3000 caliories of meat and vegetables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

poo poo, I would have at least let him drive it around the lot, Obama got to drive that corvette up the whitehouse driveway. With no trailer you literally can't stall them- just take your foot off the clutch in one of the like first 5 gears and it starts moving.

One time I was lining up trucks all nice in the front lot, which was gravel, and accidentally took my foot off the clutch with a truck in gear after I'd set the brakes. It didn't stall and just sat there spinning the drive axle.

• Locked thread