Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Lousy smarch weather here. Too hot for snow days and not cold enough to kill off insects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I'm in Orlando rn and Disney sucks

We're going to coco today tho so yay

That's the best way to do Florida, stay on the beach at Coco. Then wander down to the Coco Beach Pier to eat and watch manta rays.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

slothrop posted:

I wanted to go see Milo and Otis but my younger brother wanted to see...

We both cried in the Ursula scene.

poo poo man, I watched Event Horizon when I was in my early 20's and didn't sleep well :ohdear:

Rewatched the Fifth Element last night though. Such a good movie

Fifth Element rocks, so does Milo and Otis. I watched them both a ton growing up. I know i watched Brave Little Toaster a lot too. I can't remember my first theater movie, though.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
MGS, I'm jealous. My parents inherited my grandmother's 03 vic and are currently driving it into the ground. Hoping I get a chance to buy it from them when they decide to move on. I had a 91 as my first car, and while I loved it, I don't think I'd want another one. A 2003-2011? Definitely want one, police trade in or not.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Yay my phone screen decided to stop working. Suggestions for something ultra cheap that works with Sprint?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Found an old phone and activated it, so I'm good until I get paid. I'll grab one of the Moto Gs off of Amazon at the end of the month.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I got to drive a new GMC Yukon that was fully loaded today. It's by far the nicest thing I've ever driven, which I guess isn't saying much. However, it was amazing and I want one.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Just got new tires on my truck, Destination LEs. It rides a ton better than it did on three worn out tires and a spare :v:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I'm turning 31 this year and started 2017 weighing 437. Now I'm down to 417 and I've been lifting weights six days a week. I feel like I'm kicking rear end and going to be entering my prime strength and weight-wise.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Powershift posted:

While you should definitely exercise a lot so you don't die of a heart attack, most of weight loss is diet. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3406229/

Most people believe it's as simple as "calories in - calories out" but it's really, really not. There are so many complex systems in play like insulin resistance, leptin resistance, and the gut microbiome. It seems the only things dieticians can ever agree on is fructose without fiber to slow it's asorbtion = bad. lots of fiber, particularly insoluble fiber = good.

I would imagine at 437lbs you're at least pre-diabetic so not feeling like poo poo when you're not eating a lot of sugar is the first big hurdle.

Keep up with it though. Dropping 100lbs and then having to walk around carrying 100lbs, you begin to wonder how you ever did it.

I dig it. I've been tracking calories and macronutrients (macros bruh! :v:) in myfitnesspal. I figured out I don't much care for sodas, so I quit drinking them sometime last year. I basically drink water, black coffee, and skim milk. I never much snacked on sugary stuff; my issues were over eating because I eat super fast, and if I went for a snack, it was (calorie-wise, most of the time) something that could constitute another meal. Chips and dips, homemade quesadillas, etc.

I enjoy cooking and am in an environment as a teacher where I can finally do proper meal preps. Stopped all the junk food and fast food stuff and went for more whole grains, lots of leafy greens and simply prepped veggies each day, and lots of protein (lots of chicken breasts and thighs, fish, ground turkey, not a lot of red meat). Oh, and a LOT of measuring to keep that portion problem in check. For dinner, my wife and I get HomeChef meals delivered, which are a lot of fun for us. Portioning is easier since it's just half of everything. The only problem is that they tend to be high in salt, which sucks (I am on a water pill which flushes most of the salt out, but still).

tl;dr: Beach body 2018 here I come!

NitroSpazzz posted:

78 degrees in March...Tennessee is weird. Vacuumed the VWand cleaned up the garage again. Temps are all over the place this week so making use of it when I can.

Yesterday went from 49 in the morning to 88-89F in the afternoon. Today, we had tornadoes. Oh, Tennessee..... Seriously, my truck no longer rides like a death machine, I'm ready for nice weather to ride around in!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Ya he's starting to blow his coat which means I'm going to be brushing a 40kg dog who is deathly afraid of the blow out brush :rip:

Oh that's just fur stuck on there from static

I wish I had the animal dyson, we bought that when we were planning on getting a non shedding doggo

This is Fred:

We use a rake on him to get his fur brushed as it's way too thick for everything else we've tried. Never heard of a blow out brush, and after some quick googling that looks like something I need. He's so fluffy and it's easy to get a couple of dog's worth of fur off of him in a brushing.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

I Fred needs that. :stare:

It's also $400, so.... maybe the groomer can keep doing it.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

gimpsuitjones posted:

- If I plant a garden or trees now, they're mine and not someone else's (owning a home feels like more of a long term place to live than a rental).

The same for me. I won't have a yard. I'll have a garden, both veggies and flowers/butterfly for the kids. I'm also handy enough to do anything I'd want to do, and willing to hire out the rest.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

I want the Cadillac and the F250 something fierce.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Fit chat: Been going to the gym regularly since the end of January, and have had my diet on point too. I'm down 23lbs as of Saturday and my lifts are the best they've ever been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
^Oh my. Vent if you need to, that won't be healthy to hold in and given the situation anyone would be hard pressed to call it complaining.

ExplodingSims posted:

Huh. I feel a lot better about my situation after seeing that national figure. Turns out living within your means pays off!

In other topics, has anyone here ever put up that insulating window film stuff? If so any brand recommendations?

I haven't because we have a cat and I figured it'd be a waste, but the 3M kit was recommended to me when I asked around.

briefcasefullof fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 30, 2017

• Locked thread