Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

First tornado watch of the year. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

A buddy of mine is a professional drummer, has shitloads of gear, and recently upgraded his electric drums so he sold me all his old Yamaha gear for a song. HOLY poo poo these things are amazing I had no idea, ten times the fun and 1/4 the size of an acoustic set which is the perfect size for my house, and of course the main thing is it won't annoy my wife or the neighbors :)

High end electronic drums are really nice to play and sound really good.

Mid to entry level electronic drums still suck rear end on both counts and are basically compromise purchases for the reasons you listed.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

They sound pretty drat good to me for $75. Would I rather have acoustic drums? Sure, but I'd rather keep my marriage intact too :v:

What model? Yamaha gear is pretty solid across the board. Most of the quality of Roland without the markup.

Edit: Drum shop talk time:

I've lived in apartments for the past several years and therefor haven't been able to play my acoustic kit. While my wife and I have been looking into buying a house we're still a ways off so I'm looking into selling some old gear. Is Craigslist my best bet or is there a better option for musical gear? I know my local Guitar Center buys used gear but I imagine I wouldn't get much.

If anything it'll be a good excuse to upgrade when I have the space to play again. I purchased my cymbals in my late teens and early 20s and while I made some good decisions (20" Zildjian A Custom Crash which is responsive at low volumes yet can get as bright and loud as you can physically hit it) I also made some bad decisions, like a 20" Sabian AA Rock Ride which is nothing but PING PING PING PING and overpowers everything.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 3, 2017

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

http://digg.com/2017/truck-flying-crash

Holy poo poo.

Also LOL PCOS Bill banned.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

The Samba is a good resource, but they are super elitist. Be careful. Most questions will be answered with "use the search bar", which is bullshit and doesn't foster an active community.

To be fair this is like 99% of any automotive/hardware/how-to forum on the internet.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Stepdad's 2001 F-150 has an airbag disable keyswitch on the dash, you just use the regular key in it.

NB Miatas have these too. I always keep mine off unless I have a passenger.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

What a stupid loving showing on the dogge contest. Rascal is the best by far.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I got my wisdom teeth out at like 21 and it wasn't that bad. The nerve block into the roof of my mouth loving SUCKED though and I still wince when I think about it.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'm all about you should pay your bills BUUUUUT:

Collection agencies are the loving scum of the earth.

I had a run in with one in 2009 when I was a college student and admittedly, I hosed up and forgot to pay something. They not only called me, but when they couldn't reach me because I was on a camping trip in the middle of the woods at the time, they called my dad's cell phone and his home number which my sister picked up because she was the only one home at the time.

After I told the lady that I realized I had made a mistake and would fix it and would like not to be called anymore she got really aggressive and asked me several times if I was refusing to pay.

I googled the company and it turns out they're a collections agency that specialized in college account. Real stand up folks, harassing college kids and their families.

tl;dr: pay your bills but gently caress collections agencies.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rhyno posted:

My mom's HOA is a bunch of dicks. I went over to do an oil change in one of their cars and just as I was buttoning things up somebody showed up to tell me that all auto work has to be done in the garage with the door shut.

So if you're checking transmission fluid or setting timing or tuning a carb you're expected to run the engine in an enclosed space? Sounds like they're on the hook for any carbon monoxide asphyxiation in that case. :v:

I'm kidding and not yet a homeowner and too poor to buy into an HOA neighborhood but...tell them to gently caress off? Especially if you're done with whatever work you're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

slidebite posted:

Selling our house and finally all staged and ready for professional photography tomorrow.

Actually living in a what amounts to a show home loving sucks.

As someone who's been looking at home listings for the past two years and maybe might buy a home for real this time:

You're doing the right thing. Seeing a home full of poo poo is godawful.

• Locked thread