Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Adiabatic posted:

gently caress you I talk about guns

Anybody have an elephant problem :clint:

No, but lots of moose/bears, come up and lets fill a freezer baby.

ps - its warm and then cold and snowing then raining then freezing so everythings a loving malthusianly-devilish skating rink.

pps - Time to get off my fat rear end and start losing weight, I feel like poo poo again, wheee cyclical weight gain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

Adiabatic posted:

The .45-70 would gently caress UP a bear. the Henry or the Marlin lever action .45-70s are excellent trail guns, as they're like 7 lbs and short but can stop a Buffalo.

The .458 Lott would probably vaporize poor Yogi.

.45-70 is used a lot (well, a lot for what the round is) in bear hunting - its got incredible stopping power. Bigger than most people shoot, but not unheard of. I love lever-action .45-70's, and that's on my wishlist (for when other expenses aren't expensing anymore).
.458 Lott would be great for Grizzly's though :P Moose actually take a fairly decent round, as upwards of 1000 lbs of swamp-donkey can take a gently caress of a beating and still not go down.

My favvy gun is my old swiss K31 that shoots 7.5x55 swiss. Great gun, accurate as hell. The .45 ACP is a fun pistol, but I love my little GSG .22 1911 for fun and cheap plinking.

Plus I've got a shotgun somewhere.

And some more .22's.

Guns rock.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

Today at work I found out my job security p. much hinges upon a good person with heart problems not returning to work. :v:

The bosses have finally admitted the writing is on the wall and offered my entire shift a voluntary buyout because they have to eliminate 52 jobs (13 out of 77 on each shift) in my already poor as gently caress and brokeass city.

lovely man. What kind of work are you looking for? Move up north and there's some decent job opportunities still. Lumber mills, mines, etc. Good pay, to.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

Material handling preferably, I drive a forklift.

By moving North do you mean I should be looking for jobs in Sudbury or North Bay? Or are we talking like, Northern Ontario kind of North and I should be looking more towards Thunder Bay?

Sudbury/North Bay/Timmins/Kirkland Lake/Matheson, etc. If you speak any French, hit up the Val D'or/Rouyn Noranda areas. Lots of mining and forestry, and its picking up a bit, so if you got experience you might do alright. Most jobs are $25 or more an hour.
Lots of the side-companies are hiring to (ie suppliers, contractors, etc.) Definitely worth looking into.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

Je ne parles pas ding dong. I can sorta read it though. Unfortunately the experience is what hits me.

I can flip quarters onto the forks, but I have under one licensed year on a lift truck. I drive it for 6-8 hours a shift though.

Still be worth trying, jobs pay well and if you aren't a giant gently caress up they're stable. I can throw some company names at you, pm me.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

First movie chat: I think the first I remember was The Land Before Time. I know it wasn't my first movie, but its the one I can remember. I may have seen a re-release of Bambi earlier than that, but not 100% sure.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Fresh off the heels of getting that Lexus and still looking for a Samurai for my wife I found a 1991 Geo Tracker (aka Suzuki SamuraiSidekick) with 36,000 miles on it with A/C and in phenomenal shape. It's bright yellow, has :krad: graphics on the side even. Heading out to look at it tomorrow, they are asking 5k for it. From what I've looked at for these it seems that people run them ragged and they have some sort of computer fault past 200k, they rust like crazy up north and people complain about the lack of power. Otherwise like the Samurai they are die-hard little trucks. Do I have that right?

Had a 94 Geo tracker. Hit almost 700,000 km on it (in Canada). It was a goddamn piece of poo poo, but a fun, reliable, go anywhere piece of poo poo. Its loud, lovely on the highway, not overly comfortable, and that A/C will likely suck 1/2 the horsepower of the motor. But - they will go through hell and back for you. I miss the gently caress out of that thing and will buy one again when I have the money/the right deal comes along. I think with a bit of work one could make them a pretty solid little 4x4 for some light off-road fun.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

Why do you live where the wind hurts your face?

Grow a beard and that issue is resolved ;)

But legit I love snow and rain and weather and whatnot.

Plus we have less poisonous/venomous things.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Bajaha posted:

I've been a sucker for buying subsidised phones from Costco, but I'm also from one of the two blessed prairie provinces that have less rape-ey plans.

According to my contract I'm paying $55 per month, ~$49 dollars of which is to pay down the balance on the phone, and got paid a few hundred in Costco cash for taking an S7 edge under contract.

Only until the Bell buyout of MTS goes through fully, then you're into get-hosed-like-the-rest-of-Canada territory :(

I should have kept my MB number when I moved to Ontario, and my plan, because holy poo poo was it better AND cheaper than what I get out here.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

cakesmith handyman posted:

"Consider debt" means finance and credit cards right? Not house? I need to find a new deal on the mortgage but there's only 5k in debt in the rest of the household and I'm hoping to pay that off by Christmas.

Assuming we have nothing major explode, all of our non-mortgage debt should be gone within 16-18 months from now. Credit card has about $1k rolling on it (aka pay it off, then back up to there every month with groceries/gas/etc.). Line of credit has a few thousand on it, but that's from replacing windows in the house, and its getting paid off in the next month or so. I think we have around 6k left on the truck (done in December), and 10k or so on the car (done next July). I also have 12k on my snowmobile (which I've driven more than my truck this winter), but that'll be eaten away quick once the trucks done and the cars done. We doubled the truck payment recently to get it paid off more quickly. Once its done, everything we were paying on it is going to end up going towards the car, so that will have it done within 6 months of the truck. Then I can pump it all into the sled and chew that up within 6-8 months.

Its nice to have a plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

fjelltorsk posted:

Im doing pretty good. Handling my own mental issues with some pretty kick rear end therapy

Glad to hear man :)

• Locked thread