Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I'm a big fan of Alton Brown's pan sear method. And just simple with salt, pepper and olive oil, done rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

But you can't pea soup? :haw:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I learned the best way to cook brown rice from Alton Brown.

:ssh:in the oven

I've tried that before and it turns out pretty good, but a little on the salty side for my taste.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So coming from a while back, but here's a fun fact for you all; after 9/11, Disney twisted the arm of the FAA and got Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) put around both Disneyland and Disney World. Flights within a three-mile radius and below 3000 feet above the ground are not permitted, ostensibly for security reasons but realistically they just don't want people flying around their precious parks.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I would totally go to a Pixel XL from my Nexus 6 if it wasn't so gently caress-off expensive. Here in Canuckistan the 32GB is $1050 + tax from the Gargler. Even if you opt for a contract-subsidised device, you're still looking at $350 + tax upfront and a minimum $90/month bill for two years. And to add insult to injury, if I was to get a new contract it would cost me something well over $100/month for an equity level of service, over the $74/month I pay now.

I mean my Nexus is beat to gently caress, in that the screen is burned in badly, the battery isn't great and the USB port is so worn out that the cable doesn't stay in at all, but I'm willing to live with it at that cost. gently caress that noise 100%

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So this is a retarded question, but how in the hell do you embed a gifv from Imgur on these here forums? I followed the only instructions I could find, surrounding the link in a [url] tag, but that doesn't do anything other than just give me a clickable URL. Neither does putting it in an [img] tag either.

Surely I must be missing something here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Raluek posted:

Looks like it works fine, with any file extension. Reminder that the post preview doesn't do the embed, only the live post.

Well that's where I went wrong! I didn't see anything come up in the preview and thought I was retarded. Turns out I still am, but for different reasons.

Fitchat: I've been lifting hard lately, up to four days a week of heavy squats and deadlights, and trying to hit the gym six days a week overall for the last year or so. Even with my not very optimised diet, I am down to a 31" waist in my pants, my weight is steadily going up (I'm 194 right now, and 200 is the goal) and I generally feel better physically and mentally than I probably ever have.

• Locked thread