Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Condo ownership can be pretty rad. It can also be a giant pain in the rear end.
  • There's only one person to pay for poo poo, and there's a picture of him above the sink in the bathroom. If the roof blows off, someone sues you and you need X hours of lawyer, city barges in and demands you fix the sewers/establish green energy/do backflips for an hour, there's always only one place the money can come from, and it's the owners.
  • HOA/condo board can be a pain in the rear end. The batshit insane scare away the few good people, and don't even begin to think about how much poo poo hinges on finding competent people to work for free and get poo poo done in time.
  • There's probably property taxes. They're probably only going one way.
  • There's a bunch of stuff you're likely to have to maintain yourself.
  • Your neighbours might be shitheads, or worse, shithead tenants.
  • Selling it again might be hard/expensive/a pain in the rear end.
That being said, you can usually remodel the interior just as you'd like, and if you pay down the mortgage that's money straight towards your net worth. And if real estate is going up, there's some good money to be made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
gently caress, iDave, that sucks.

GnarlyCharlie4u, the very first thing I'm going to do when/if I get a house is to smoke all of the pork shoulder.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Maybe check out the powerstrokehelp.com yelling guy? He knows a thing or two about the Ford side.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

I'm the giant mono viper.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

The Locator posted:

Good Stuff.

Good points. Never underestimate the apathy of the general public, and if you can somehow spin that to your advantage...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
God damnit rdb... vent as much as you want.

Ferremit posted:

Australia: Where even the pine trees want to kill you.

At first I was like: "Why would you put a pineapple on top of a gas tank?"

• Locked thread