Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I broke my middle finger at the joint, in a training accident, two days before a hurricane was scheduled to hit my base. I was seen at the base hospital, in the middle of the night. The ER doc splinted my finger, and told me to come back after the hurricane.

No, I couldn't get a referral off-base to a hospital that was still open. Those are taxpayer dollars, and we had a hospital on base. That's crazy talk.

Ten days later, the base hospital reopened, and I needed surgery to re-break my finger, then put pins in because it had been so long since the initial break. I was in tech school at the time. If I missed more than 8 hours of class within a two-week period, I'd be washed back to another class. So, instead of being sedated for the surgery, I got a local painkiller. That way I wouldn't miss class.

The orthopedic doc said I'd never be able to bend my finger again, or use it for much of anything at all. They were wrong, and I demonstrated this by making a fist, then flipping him off on my last day before I left the base.

gently caress Air Force medicine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread