Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

JaySB posted:

There seems to be some pretty good value on underdogs on the main card. Woodley, Ferguson, Hunt, and Dan Kelly are all dogs in winnable fights.

Are all these guys underdogs? I genuinely think they will all win, PSP Hunto fanboydom aside I think they are all better if not equal odds to their opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Intel&Sebastian posted:

GSP's gonna lose and then it's Bisping vs. McGregor in a match that will burn the UK to the ground.

Conors not from the UK.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

CommonShore posted:

After Mark Hunt retires and it becomes the Mark Hunt Emeritus Mark Coleman Emeritus Award: PSP's Favourite Fighter, who will be PSP's next favourite? Mark Godbeer or Marc Diakiese?

Or Randa Markos?

If Lobov wasn't hated so much I think he'd be a shoe in.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Looking forward to charting the career of the ever expanding K Gastelum, from Welter to heavyweight. Gonna be great.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Bring back Goldie. He'd be perfect not having to talk to Joe about fights and just occasionally dropping a dick pills sponsorship or whatever,

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

It was poo poo, Woodley waits 24 minutes to go on the offense. I think theres takedown in round two or three, but over all nah. Skip it.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Khabib ducked Tony hth

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Snowman_McK posted:

And Conor ducked the sport.

Khabib et al are bullshit merchants, that 25-0 records gotta be maintained somehow.

chaleski posted:

They could still summon him to be drug tested immediately or he'd be penalized

He ducked Aldo first as well

Yeah true, its almost like he didn't want a bit of the guy with stellar takedown defence.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I don't know why normal people like Conor beyond him being a loud modern marketable boxer stereotype, actually hes quite funny sometimes, and seems reasonably sweet when hes not doing the "I got gently caress you money" thing.

Caveat: I live in Ireland.

I think he's great be cause his left hand is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Hand

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I don't want to get too much into Ireland talk, but Conors a product of his environment, and his environment produces dudes who talk a monumental amount of poo poo. So add that to the fact that hes both a professional fighter, and in my opinion, a serious boxing geek (see his media appearances in the run up to UFC 205) hes aping his heros and dreaming poo poo into reality. Gotta appreciate it.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Let Vitor juice and make him fight all the unlikable fighters in all weight divisions.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

UFC Fight Night London is looking like a good evenings viewing. Gunnar Nelson is fighting Alan Jouban, I think Gunnis got it, his striking has come a long way, leaning towards Jouban getting subbed in R2. I think Jouban is fine, but I don't think he's a top ten fighter. His looks on the other hand, dreamy motherfucker.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Dan Didio posted:

CM Punk vs Artem Lobov: This Time It's Personal for the Interim Lightweight Championship.

But I really want to see this fight. Extremely hittable featherwight vs welterweight guy who can't throw a punch.

Also don't understand why people are continuously talking about height/reach as if they are the defining factor in fights. Lots of successful, short fat fighters, Kelvin exists within a time honoured tradition. I mean, maybe Dhalsim would keep him at range?

Southpaugh fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 17, 2017

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Marching Powder posted:

Legit KO'd Stipe.

Got his face broke by Mark Hunt, all evens out.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

didn't you start watching MMA because of Conor?

Don't think so, I'm by no means a conor obsessive. I started watching mid way through pride and slipped in and back out over the years. Though Lawler - MacDonald 2 was when I really got back into things and yes, that was on a Conor card.

Lots of lovely twitter level takes about reach in the thread, yes obviously its important but its not the only factor in a fight. Will a better fighter with a reach advantage use a reach advantage effectively? Yes. Will a better fighter without a reach advantage find ways to overcome another fighters reach advantage? Yes. Duh, no poo poo.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

maffew buildings posted:

wow can I know more, and I hope you overcome your mma relapses

Thank you for the poo poo post.

Edit: Thank you all for the poo poo posts.

Southpaugh fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 19, 2017

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Fat Rockhold sounds awesome, I don't know if it would be successful, but I'd like to see it. Particularly against the fat bad fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Double yellows, scarlet for him.

• Locked thread