Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bundt Cake posted:

If your name is as unique as lando you dont get a nickname

it reminded me of rogan. oh, he land-oh! no, he didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I was looking to the Khabib fight, but I've looked forward to a lot of fights of his that haven't happened.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

Yeah. I kinda think fighters should be allowed to opt-in or out of the earlier weigh-ins. Some fighters enjoy waking up near target weight and getting it all over with while some fat guys like Johny Hendricks need the extra couple hours they used to get.

I mean they should try to get rid of weight cutting altogether, but if they won't do that, at least let some fighters have a choice.

Fairly certain the ufc doesn't have a stopwatch and a guy with a starters pistol signifying when you can start cutting weight. Johny and others could even start losing weight now if they wanted to for their next fight.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

the next interim title fight will be between boeing 707s 055 and 072 for the right to land first on runway 2 *donna from the travel department makes some wooshing sounds and smashes a couple of toy planes into eachother a bit*

Both jets would pop hot for toxic airplane water so it'd be a no contest anyway

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Bummer for El Cucuy, bummer for us since we won't see Ferguson fight either.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

eric posted:

They're going to reschedule the fight and if Khabib can't make it the 2nd time Ferguson will fight Conor.

Hasn't khabib pulled out of one of their earlier scheduled fights and Tony the other? Khabib is up 2 rounds to one on the judges score card. If Tony pulls out of the next one, we've gotta make a fifth and final round.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Memento posted:

You could have periodical weigh ins in camp but people would just rehydrate to get to their target weight then not drink for 36 hours to get back on track. Maybe make it surprise weigh ins?

Clearly the ufc doesn't see it as that big a deal to them because fighters are having problems with weight but they're not doing any of the things that we, the premiere MMA forum on the planet, have been suggesting for them for years.

Didnt one fc or some other non-us promotion implement a scale man akin to a piss collector recently where the fighters have to be within some percentage of their fighting weight, or did I imagine that? If it's not a fever dream, how is it going assuming someone knows? I've dropped off of non ufc mma in the last few years

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Captain Log posted:

No joke, I have witnesses to this - I once feel down a flight of stairs while accidentally duct taped to old crutches without making enough noise for a couple hundred nearby people to hear.

If you could, please explain. In detail.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I was in a play that was set around the Turn of the Century and a lot of effort was put into having "period" props. I broke my ankle during the production and they found these old wooden beat to gently caress crutches for me to use. They had no rubber anywhere on them and I could barely get around. The director told the stage manager I was having a hard time gripping with the crutches. She heard, "He is having a hard time holding the crutches" and put a poo poo load of duct tape on the handles, facing outwards, before a performance.

I went out to do my bit and had my hands on the crutches the whole time. I was also sixteen and loving loaded on pain medication. Our backstage was down a flight of stairs. Multiple times I would gently caress up going down them but I would just drop the crutches and wait, silently clutching the rail, for someone to help me down.

Well, this time I started to fall, and just silently waved my arms attached to ancient crutches as I fell head over heels about three times into the backstage area. People heard a lot of thuds, but apparently as I landed I was whisper yelling, "Be quiet! Be quiet!"

Well, it makes sense. Thank you for indulging me.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Matoi Ryuko posted:

oh, my bad. I thought he wad fighting at lightweight. :sweatdrop:

The wad fighting champion is at bantamweight

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Has it been that long?

Dom Cruz posted:

I'm gonna be busting all over your face

Cody Garbrandt posted:

I'll eat everything you got

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Super cut for the ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Perfect. My Pops was wondering why Tom Brady couldn't roid into a million year old football scarab. Looks like the answer is, "He and everyone else is sure trying."

To expand again, real pro sports in the US have a union and can negotiate things like ped/drug testing stipulations. Strong unions, like pro baseball, fended off drug testing forever. That said, even relatively weak unions like the NFL don't have stringent drug testing because nobody really cares all that much about player health and safety. You have to really gently caress up/smoke up to get flagged by the nfl so far as i understand it.

USADA really goes above and beyond what team pro sports do and the ufc is kind of nuts to sign on from a business perspective.

And for the record, Tom Brady is a saint and would never do something as unscrupulous and antithetical to fair competition like take drugs. He's just eating avacado ice cream and living a stress free life :colbert:

• Locked thread