Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[Joe rogan voice] If you wanted to design a fighter to capture the affections of the internet, he would be fat, he would be socially awkward, and he would ignore all decorum. Mark Hunt is that guy.

Don't forget the insatiable drive to eat fried chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

I'm always concerned with fights that are so hyped and exciting looking. They often turn into duds because of risk aversion.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Oh Jesus god no not the interim belt

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Khabib will never be champion until he masters the delicate art of drinking water.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Khabib had to recuse himself from the fight due to possible connections to Russia.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Ulio posted:

Is the Khabib/Tony fight officially canceled? I was probably most excited for that fight than any other. Still a good card but this was a potentially great fight.

Also good luck to Khabib getting fights after this, people were already ducking him but now they have even more reason with all the fights he has had canceled or rescheduled due to injury.

How do you duck some who never fights?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Nope, USADA is here now.

Poor Bigg Rigg, thought of piss cups and died.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

chaleski posted:

Velasquez vs Overeem would own

e I can't spell

If you want to see Cain fight I suggest you buy the new UFC game.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

But then they should have kept Joes Best Friend instead

why do anik

anik is so NOTHING

If Anik is nothing he should be easy to tune out while he reads the company lines. But on the other hand no one is going to hype corn nuts like Goldie did.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Thrifting Day! posted:

I can't believe there's a three page discussion on Chael Sonnen in 2017.

This dumb sport

Thought I was in the mma B league thread for a minute.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Who posted the list of best PED excuses? It's been awhile and could probably use updating.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

(does a sharp intake of breath while darting my head around looking for father dog)

Fatherdog isn't around anymore. Ma and Pa said they took him to a farm up north. :smith:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I remember the poster where the fighters were war painted in their nation's colors against a white background, that was good looking. Was that one of the Weidman/Silva fights?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Neeber posted:

Thinking the UFC had no idea what fighters were making off sponsors is hilariously naive.

Have we already forgotten?

Needs to be the forum background.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

No Love has truly hit the scene if the Onion noticed.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/840248666749296640

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

So if Khabib retires early does that get chalked up to AKA grinding another talent into the dirt well before their prime?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Lets not think Uncle Dana is going to hold to something as outlandish as tradition or standards if he sees a way to make money.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Bundt Cake posted:

Remember when Rockhold, jacare, Romero, and Weidman meant 2-3 years of all time classic fights ahead of us in a couture-ortiz-liddell esque golden age for MW

Yoel is a huge cheat and on the gas, Jacare is old and likely on the gas, Weidman has issues with his gas, and Rockhold got gassed by Bisping.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I feel like Weidman is a combination of the getting older, the IV ban, and the damage he's taken in the Machida and Rockhold fights.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

Give me Jon Jones vs anyone

Jon Jones vs the State of New Mexico.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

NFL drug testing is a joke. You have to look like a comic book character to get caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[in Bert Sugar voice] Now this kid fights like he was physically abused, but he trash talks like he was sexually abused

Amazing.

• Locked thread