Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i wouldnt bet on rumble winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

InfiniteZero posted:

DC has specifically said that he loves Popeye's over and over, to the point that it seemed like he was trying to get a sponsorship/commercial deal.

Ronda too for that matter.

sounds like they already had one

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I believe you cody

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

JaySB posted:

My Willie_Dee level source tells me that Mayweather/McGregror is actually gonna happen.

its gonna take place on Twitter

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Love how the ref just dives over him to save him taking any more shots

he was nice enough to lay off him when he saw he was out anyway. except for the token ground thwap which had nothing in it. what a nice man

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
very much enjoyed making 100 mgs jokes too. thank u blue deanie for presenting everyone with the opportunity. if i could kindly request you do more videogame style ones in the future since thats all i do with my considerable free time these days :mrgw:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bubba Smith posted:

USADA seems to target mighty mouse more often than any other fighter.

all the champions will be tested more than others. it says random but they only have limited amounts of money to spend on testing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

if you're not going to truly randomize testing then and you're actually going to test some people more than others than i'd probably focus on the people who have popped for steroids before. especially under the old system where all they'd do is wave a geiger counter in your direction as you walked back to the dressing room from the cage.

for real though dj probably just lives around the corner from piss HQ and it's just an easy way to keep the numbers up.

at the same time, its important to test champions regularly and have them seen to be tested to avoid a lance armstrong style situation. not that i think too badly of lance armstrong but his doping BS set cycling back a decade and that sort of thing is a bomb waiting to go off in every sport that doesnt rigourously test their champions, which is nearly all of them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

it's really unfortunate they don't lead vitor juice himself up to the gills anymore, they should have grandfathered him in. i would have loved to see roided him against a lot of guys at MW/LHW

-___-

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Kelvin in particular should be ashamed for asking for a 1-6 dude who just had a close one with Derek Brunson, especially after he just ate up another 1-5 Brazilian who's name is writing checks his post USADA rear end can't cash.

silva could beat him. he might be slowing down but hes still really good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Rigel posted:

http://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/vitor-belfort-has-an-idea-for-legends-of-ufc-to-keep-fighting-and-stay-relevant/

lol, Vitor Belfort thinks the UFC should start 3 legends divisions ("light", "medium" and "heavy", whatever that means) for old fighters with different rules: 3 minute rounds with 90 seconds rest between rounds, no knees or elbows, ground is limited to 30 seconds.

cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Memento posted:

I first thought Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve, that's a 5081 day difference. Then I thought Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga, which was a 5809 day difference. This fight will be a 6073 day difference in ages.

Not even close. His last five fights were 4317, 4298, 4540, 5136 and 4603 days respectively. Didn't bother going past that.

how many seconds is that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this feeling in the air ... its just like that other time ... a storm of ufc thread QQ and minor gambling losses looms on the horizon

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

chaleski posted:

Anderson was... always bad?

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this thread is a trip

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

it's pretty amazing that a 38 year old man can snap his leg in half and then lose a few decisions (and win some too) and then he was never really that great anyway, despite finishing a ton of great fighters

this .. the two losses hes had since coming back from breaking his leg (generally a career ending injury at his age) have been to the current middleweight champion (after knocking him out) and a 2 day notice loss to daniel cormier who is the interim lhw champion

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

yeah, in other words, actually good and elite fighters. anderson isn't losing because he's old, he's losing to these people because he was a minute and a half from dropping 5 rounds to chael sonnen when he was 30.

hes going to beat gastelum and siphon about $20000 away from goon gamblers just like over the hill and always bad JDS did with epic super future UFC champion ben rothwell. well maybe not but itll be funny if he does

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
everyone did, in this very thread

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

go look .. probably in may/april 2016 since thats about when the fight was. or maybe u want to get into a semantic argument about what "everyone" means in my post, in which case , id rather eat live bees. :P

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Theyre fighting eachother for website administrator status @ bjpenn.com

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
you must give up. i have to become a computer programmer before I test positive for elevated levels of CTE. you know this

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Who do you think would win in a fight, Ryan Bader or Chael Sonnen. They both lost to Tito Ortiz so there isn't a good point of comparison.

probably ryan bader. he seems like less of a wet blanket

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

ffffffuck. the jungle movements hypnotized that internet poster into forgetting the last 40 years of race relations.

that's one of the fighters

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

Negus82 is a fighter?

:mrgw:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the Sea Level Cain is a popular dish but may I also suggest the Fresh Weidman

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Memento posted:

Somehow this is actually true as relates to drugs; it certainly isn't true in any other aspect of Yoel's entire loving career. He was being penalised for stalling back when he was wrestling for Cuba for fucks' sake.

Thats a healthy kind of cheating that i can respect

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Foul Fowl posted:

it seems like all the guys someone says is probably taking steroids due to unreal muscles or suddenly becoming large men turn out to take steroids, i'd be actually interested to see how many examples to the contrary there are

tim kennedy is 1 example

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Captain Log posted:

As the thread's pro-athlete, do you think the IV ban has much significance?

maybe on weight cutting, which isnt done in cycling. the iv ban began in our sport but the only legitimate use of it in cycling was for convenience, like during stage races for riders who rely on a lot of vitamins and (legal) supplements and racing every morning. with weight cutting as i understand it you can take in more fluids and faster with IV use but i dont know how much of a difference that makes. frankly i doubt it would be anything that would make or break a career though. if someones career is hung on whether they can cut an extra 5 or 10 lbs then they were doomed from the start

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Werdum is so amazingly bad at trash talk. Also, fighting.

i disagree strongly on both points

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

He did try and take yair down when he had him against the cage...I don't think BJ is as washed up as yair made him look.

agreed. in fact he looked pretty good considering

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Belgian Waffle posted:

I don't know how to feel about Hunt/Lewis. I don't like the idea of possibly watching Hunt die in the octagon.
Like I'm sure it'll be a rad fight with a sweet finish but I'm concerned.

he'll be fine ... he's a professional

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

eh, Aldo beat Frankie Edgar for that belt, ultimately, and he beat a fighter Conor McGregor has made literally 0 effort to even attempt to fight despite sharing a division for years and Edgar angling for it. If Conor and his posse think it's such a shambles that Aldo is happily proclaiming to be champ, maybe they should go beat the poo poo out of Aldo again.

they probably dont think that ... they probably think something else thats less valuable

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mark hunt, via megaphone: i know this is probably a bad time to ask but can i have $300

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

El Roncho posted:

Is anyone else worried Mark Hunt is going to go bankrupt paying lawyer fees and never actually get any money from this? In that event, I imagine a prolonged career ahead of a man who should start considering retirement and that's gonna be sad.

I imagine scenes from my favourite anime cartoons mostly. like One Piece and DBZ. i think to myself stuff like, how can i take the purest values of my favourite anime characters, and apply them in my own life. and sometimes i just think about the cool pictures

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

There's an obvious correlation between "how much money is involved" and "how many steroids are involved". Also Football is the only sport where I'm kind of cool with steroids because the whole sport and its schedule is insane. Imagine what those guys go through each game, and then do it for 17+ weeks (with a week off at some point).

they dont need steroids for that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

USADA really goes above and beyond what team pro sports do and the ufc is kind of nuts to sign on from a business perspective.

i disagree .. if a sport isnt tested properly, bad crap builds up and eventually will start leaking out everywhere which isnt good for anybody involved. not caring about ethics opens the door to corruption which means criminal charges or sometimes even the death of athletes. which leads to money leaving the sport and nobody left to participate except for bad athletes with bad attitudes who normally wouldnt be anywhere near the pinnacle of their sport. and when bad athletes do sport it looks like gabi garcia vs japanese OAPs, its neither competitive or fun. so everyone loses in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

GSP doesn't want to fight until october, and bisping wants to fight July 8 and says he isn't waiting that long

he will wait if he has to probably, i think hes just trying to disrupt mr pierres preparation ... any port in a storm

• Locked thread