Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I heard the fight was bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Chichevache posted:

If you don't have Fight Pass already you should buy it so you can watch!

No I'm good

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i think that's extremely diengenuous. he ducked directly into a rising knee from werdum and was still fully conscious, he was still fully conscious in the stipe fight for about 20 minutes longer than any human should have to be, and the jds ko was the equivalent of wide arc swinging a baseball bat.

the overeem knee was two knees from overeem.

He used to eat crocop headkicks though. It used to be indestructible.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Can we stop pretending like the first fight was good now?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I mean I'm never going to be mad at a rematch of a title fight that ended in a draw, I think a rematch should happen 100% of the time in that situation.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

tesilential posted:

Submission losses aside, Chael Sonnen is one of the best at the best grappling martial art there is.

This is a joke right?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Chael is vitor levels of quitting when the going gets tough, he just has better cardio.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

1st AD posted:

I don't think Chael mentally broke against Tito or Rashad.

In both situations he was just faced with a much better and stronger grappler and couldn't do poo poo about it.

Lol chael against Rashad is like the best example of someone visibly quitting I can think of. As soon as he gets hit hard he rolls over, lays there with his hands on his head and then taps to strikes.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

It was against filho but I don't take that as breaking or quitting, it's just a natural reaction because getting your arm broke really hurts

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Remember when chael beat wanderlei in the soccer challenge

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Shogun loving rules

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Also that might be the cleanest flying knee I've ever seen

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

manyak posted:

He even ate a hard jab and then immediately landed it so he was thinking about it way in advance, he must have seen a big tell

Yeah I haven't seen the whole fight but it looks like Dariush must have been shooting right after that jab for a while, he starts throwing the knee the instant he sees it, before the shot even starts.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Fireman's carries are so dope

Even getting hit with one it's like "haha cool". (As long as you don't land on your head like that guy).

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

That's a drop shoulder/collar throw, not a fireman's carry :eng101:

What's the difference?

Edit: Actually looking at it looks kinda like a seio nage? That'd from.a trained eye though, I don't really have much of a wrestling or judo background.

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 13, 2017

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Captain Log posted:

There is nothing like the feeling of when you know you are going for a ride, and just have to pray nothing awful happens. As a large built guy, I'm not used to be hurled like a sack of angry owls.

We used to do an mma drill where everyone would form a circle and one guy would go in the middle. The coach would yell out one person's name and that person would rush the guy in the middle and try to take him down. Sometimes he would come from behind you and poo poo. Many times I experienced the miracle of flight.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah And if you get to that point of no return where you're gonna get tossed the best thing to do is just let it happen and prepare to breakfall.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Ya break falling has saved my rear end multiple times in the real world. It's good they drill it into you until it's just your natural reaction if you fall, regardless of if your getting tossed or you slipped on some ice.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Cody was all state in Ohio as a freshman. So like 14 years old. That's some freak poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I don't know if Cody's dad beat him but he throws punches like he did.

• Locked thread