Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Yoel and the other good middleweights should just move to lhw because that belt is never going to be up for grabs again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Wait why did they book Maia for May if GSP isn't getting the next WW shot?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

boooo!!!

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I guess the idea is to give drama/significance to fights in the very bottom tier of the UFC. So the 500,000 hardcores who bought fight piss can be emotionally invested in a fight between two guys who used to be good or did something cool on TUF but are now in danger of being cut. Nerds like us might be more likely to watch early prelims to see Artem Lobov vs Maximo Blanco or whatever

Its very gross

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Selling PPVs of a live firing of a guy making 8/8 is better when its implied

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Do you think they'll try to get Fedor a fight?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

Has it come out exactly what Khabib was in the hospital for?

krokodil

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

Bisping telling gsp that the only reason they're fighting is because gsp thinks he's an easy fight and that he didn't want anything to do with Anderson when he was the man was uncomfortably real and cool as gently caress.

I hope Bisping takes that chip on his shoulder and beats gsp, then yoel or whoever, and retires with one of the most remarkable careers and collection of scalps the sport has ever seen.

Bisping owns is what I'm trying to say.

The only reason he's fighting a long retired welterweight is because the welterweight thinks it's an easy fight

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

You can't, no

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Wedges win though

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I'm sad because Ill have to watch another Woodley fight to see what happens to the belt

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Also, lol at the guy who said Hunt has a shot chin. That knee was insane and Hunt leaned into it

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Plus now that he's dead hes really hard to hurt, even harder than before.

Physically and emotionally. god bless

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

What's the point of show money if you don't actually get it for showing

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

if you're not going to truly randomize testing then and you're actually going to test some people more than others than i'd probably focus on the people who have popped for steroids before. especially under the old system where all they'd do is wave a geiger counter in your direction as you walked back to the dressing room from the cage.

for real though dj probably just lives around the corner from piss HQ and it's just an easy way to keep the numbers up.

Looks like all of the champs are tested around ten times a year. Alvarez was tested 14 times last year

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

It's cool that people read jack slack and now get to say stuff like "moving in angles" for pretty much any situation

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

silva could never beat the contender s of today, a retired gsp and an older, more asthmatic dan henderson

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

chael is the most mentioned fighter in this thread and he has been dead for years

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I'm not sure when the "new breed" kicks in but it seems like most ranked guys over 170 are the same ones who were ranked in 2012 or whatever

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Kelvin's weird to me because he has a lot of power and great hands and can run a good drill but every three or four minutes he gets really stiff and just kind of flattens out so it's weird when people say he moves like Dillashaw

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Like this- he gets a bit tired and then comes in straight with really heavy steps. And he can do that because he's a great fighter but it's obviously a hole for him

https://gfycat.com/BarrenShadowyDowitcher

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Drop shift

https://gfycat.com/ConstantCleanElectriceel

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I saw him get it in the Hendricks fight but I don't have a gif. And it's weird, because he will spend like two or three minutes looking slick and then just abandon it for whatever reason

He's a great fighter though

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

only one guy said he moves like dillashaw and it was retarded

A lot of people say he has great footwork, though, and I don't see it

^^^ kennedy sucks, agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Reach is pretty obviously a big advantage and every champ except for mighty mouse has some of the longest arms in their division

• Locked thread