Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

gently caress

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[mike goldberg voice] KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV REMAINS UNDEFEATED!!!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cis autodrag posted:

i fell asleep during woodley wonderboy. should i bother to rewatch it? sure doesn't seem like it from the last couple of pages.

Doing anything else is more worthy of your time than watching that fight.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

manyak posted:

This will seem like a "___ was always bad" post but Im thinking Stephen thompson isnt as good as a lot of people wanted him to be, his wins leading up to the title fight dont look as good in retrospect

- beat a gunshy Rory Macdonald who was coming off the longest layoff of his career after getting his face destroyed by Lawler, who then went to Bellator and hasnt fought since (still a good win)
- beat Hendricks, in the last time Hendricks ever actually made 170, and looked like poo poo and dropped 3 fights in a row before moving to MW
- KOd Ellenberger who is 2-6 lately
- decisioned Cote who to be fair has looked good at 170 but not top level
- beat Whittaker which is probably the best win here but he has improved a ton since those back to back losses 4 years ago

so its not like he's bad but maybe just not the world beater some people thought he'd be.. I dont think hes drastically different from the fighter he was when he got dragged into deep water by Matt brown, i think in a 5 round fight he would have a hard time against Maia or Magny, solid strikers like Masvidal, maybe Cerrone and Saffeidene, Lawler if he isnt shot.. i think he'd be even odds or worse against a lot of those better guys at 170. And the division is wayyy way less deep than it used to be, Matt Brown and Jake Ellenberger are both ranked despite going 1-5 and 2-6 respectively

And its not to take credit away from Woodley, i thought he deserved to win and is clearly really good at what he does. But Thompson is supposed to be this next level striker, and he's had 2 camps to study a guy who literally has only ever hurt opponents with a right overhand, all he has to do is avoid that, and in round 5 of a fight hes winning, Woodley starts pushing forward for the first time in the fight clearly in desperation mode looking for the overhand right, and Thompson... backs up Karate style with his hands down and chin in the air and gets dropped by an overhand right

Was the Rory fight good to watch? I can't remember.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

it wasnt very memorable. it was basically a point fight

That's probably why I don't remember it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Zzulu posted:

Do you guys think GSP is attractive?

Yah no homo

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

VITOR: [covering mouth and affecting a high falsetto] i think there should be a division for old people where you just box and you don't have to stand on your feet for longer than 3 minutes [removes hand] Wow, for sure that sounds good bro

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The nelson/jewbane fight looks good.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Opal posted:

I hope it does

Same. I hope he gets his rear end bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

That's what I look like also. If you were wondering.

• Locked thread