Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I now dislike the GSP-Bisping fight even more, seeing how GSP could come back and likely take the belt from Woodley's cowardly rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I definitely think Conor can beat Woodley so that's cool

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Marching Powder posted:

as someone who doesn't like tyron woodley as a person or a fighter at all i can say that y'all's hate of him to the point of blind irrationality is genuinely impressive

Well Woodley could easily double him across the cage I'm sure, but if he let's Conor control his movement (which is very likely imo) and play patty-cake against the cage he'll get lit up.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Congrats to Tyron Woodley for winning 3 minutes of a 5 round fight and winning a decision

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Velasquez vs Overeem would own

e I can't spell

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Trast posted:

If you want to see Cain fight I suggest you buy the new UFC game.

Yeah that's why I said 'would', it's a fantastic matchup that'll probably never happen

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Chichevache posted:

That's actually pretty cool and completely changes my view of Kennedy.

He did it while still being vaguely condescending about trans-people and trying to make himself seem generous, but yeah it was surprisingly decent coming from him

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Marching Powder posted:

hahahaha when was this? who was this?

That was when Jared "J-Rock" Rollins got pissed at War Machine, and kicked in his door and they got into it. That then lead to them having a FOTN at the season finale.

Also it's gonna be funny when Ben Rothwell comes back in four years at 40 years old and goes right back to being a top ten-ish heavyweight.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

He's finally gonna make good on his promise to be a two-division champ

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

LobsterMobster posted:

Everyone wants to get inside Cruz too much, even Cody

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

We used to laugh at Mike Dulce for being a scam-artist but apparently fighters really need to hire someone to live in their extra room and make greens and grilled chicken for them

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm sorry for ever criticising Derrick "The Black Beast" Lewis, we don't deserve him

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

willie_dee posted:

They would have to hunt him down, including locating the right hospital (which the camp were being vague about) and then find him in the hospital all the while he's getting it out of his system as quick as possible.

They could still summon him to be drug tested immediately or he'd be penalized

Southpaugh posted:

Khabib ducked Tony hth

He ducked Aldo first as well

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Joe Riggs did as well

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yoel is unhappy with title picture at 185, wants a meaningless belt to muddy it up more

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

JaySB posted:

I'm starting to think interim titles are actually a valid thing. With the way the UFC is just ignoring rankings to sell fights, having 2 interim champions kinda means you can't not have a title unification bout.

Marching Powder posted:

honestly i don't have a problem with interim belts. it's become the ufc's way of saying 'look, i know the next guy to fight for the title isn't the first guy in line, but we PROMISE that the next fight will be legit'.

it's two birds one stone, ufc gets their vanity money fight and the championship in that division becomes very-much-disputed so they have to unify asap

This isn't true though. The Aldo-Edgar interim was supposed to unify the belt with Conor before he hosed off to 155, then he dropped the 145 belt while Aldo became Undisputed. Then the Holloway-Pettis interim title winner was supposed to unify the belt against Aldo, but they tried to give Jose a fight with Khabib (even though Khabib is a dipshit who ducked him to not fight Fergie). Interim belts are even more meaningless than the Undisputed belts

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

JaySB posted:

I'm putting together an interview series for YouTube. What fighters would you most like to see interviewed?

Black Beast

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm fairly certain Silva will get sparked out in a few minutes and I'm gonna be sad

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bisping lost to Anderson mostly because Anderson sometimes turns into a loving idiot who abandons all his killer instincts to try winning using katas and wing chun

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Anderson was... always bad?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Oh boy

Anderson is 2-0 against Chael, who was his worst possible matchup at the time

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

CommonShore posted:

Anderson Silva vs Michael Bisping

The Silva and Bisping of today are different, if the same Bisping who used to lose to every top guy he fought had fought the Silva who ruled MW for the better part of a decade, Bisping would've been clowned on. Silva's reflexes and chin are nowhere what they used to be, and before Bisping teamed up with Parillo he never had fight-changing power

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I vaguely remember during a fight Rogan talking about the tall thin body type being good for grappling, something about being able to find subs easier. I want to say it was someone (Tony Ferguson?) locking in a D'Arce choke.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The closest thing we have to Slenderman in MMA is Jon Jones gouging people's eyes from across the cage

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Lid posted:

Countercounterpoint: Sean Sherk was so spundly beaten at range kickboxing by the smallest lightweight of all time Frankie Edgar he ran from a piss test while screaming and shirtless.

One of my favorite tweets ever

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1899346792

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Over the counter recreational dick medicine from Thailand or some dude's trunk > performance enhancing drugs

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

They could buy Bellator tomorrow and bring any of the half-decent LHWs into the UFC and it would still be an absolute garbage fire and the worst division easily

e I forgot there's a W145 now, so second worst

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Good poo poo

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/25/15058768/wmma-cris-cyborg-vacates-invicta-145-belt-eyes-de-randamie-fight-in-ufc-anaheim-214

I hope this backfires and Cyborg never gets a belt again

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Captain Log posted:

She will murder Germain. Germaine. gMaine DeBrambleberry.

Yeah Cyborg will be a UFC champ and her terrible career will be validated and everything will be awful

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

MM beating Garbrandt to break Silva's record would be incredible

Garbrandt beating Dom, TJ and MM in a row would also be amazing and would make him the current P4P best imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Elliott nearly subbed him, and was competitive almost the entire time

• Locked thread